Adding New Features To Online Poker

I think All of the online poker rooms should start to add features to their software such as being able to " Check Blind " and straddle...If they were to add this in , They should only do it to certain rooms where people can have the option to play with these featuresI think this would make play alot more fun more realistic to playing liveWhat does everything think of that idea?

I'll admit it, I'm an idiot and I don't understand straddle or the stratedgy involved in using straddle.Someone help a brother out.-Bear
If you have the straddle button pressed, when you are Under the Gun, you post a 3rd blind double the BB, and you become the new Big blind, the big big blind if you will. The action starts 1 to your left and you act last on the pre flop round. Then after flop it proceeds as normal. So if .50-1 blinds, a straddle would be $2 and then you act last. It isn't +EV, but if you get the rest of the table to do it it just creates more action and bigger pots.
If you have the straddle button pressed, when you are Under the Gun, you post a 3rd blind double the BB, and you become the new Big blind, the big big blind if you will. The action starts 1 to your left and you act last on the pre flop round. Then after flop it proceeds as normal. So if .50-1 blinds, a straddle would be $2 and then you act last. It isn't +EV, but if you get the rest of the table to do it it just creates more action and bigger pots.
So does this "straddle" have to be started with the person under the gun and then the rest can follow if they wish?Or can anyone put in the straddle at the table
So does this "straddle" have to be started with the person under the gun and then the rest can follow if they wish?Or can anyone put in the straddle at the table
I'm pretty sure the whole table has to agree upon everyone doing it, at least that's what I thought...I could be wrong, but I thought that's how they did it on HSP, and Matusow would not participate, so noone else did it.

I think 2 pair in your hand should beat low trips if the other guy only has one of the cards in his hand.So if I have KQ and the board is KQ443 and the other guy has 47 I should win. I mean come on..2 big pair like this shouldn't lose to 47 offsuit.

They should have a feature that whenever a player goes all in with a donk hand, a pop-up appears:"Are you sure you want to be a jack as s?"
i understand you are trying to be funny, but this is a really horrible idea. the same thing goes with showing the all in percentages like ongame used to do. do you really want bad players to realize how bad they suck?
I think 2 pair in your hand should beat low trips if the other guy only has one of the cards in his hand.So if I have KQ and the board is KQ443 and the other guy has 47 I should win. I mean come on..2 big pair like this shouldn't lose to 47 offsuit.
i agree it would add so much more skill to the game.

i know some sites do it, but showing the all in percentages when 2 or more people are all in with cards still to come. and as for sites like pokerstars, when 2 people are all in, flip both hands face up. i hate being all in, and not knowing whether my hand is still good or not until my opponent mucks, and i dont even get to know what he's callin me all in with.the "show one card" feature. even though i think its "show one show both" in real life, i think it'd be a cool feature to show just one card if you raise and your opponents fold. for instance, say i've got a big stack and have been raising a lot. i want my table to continue playin tight and continue folding, so every now and then i might flash an ace, as if to say "i'm just runnin real hot, keep foldin".i had a ton more that i had submitted to a couple of the sites, neva saw any of them used

ONLY the person under the gun can straddle. And nobody else is required to do it - in fact FCP has no way of enforcing it if everybody says "Lets all straddle". But like I said, it isn't +EV if you are the only one doing it, so if other people aren't going to play along it isn't worth it. On HSP they only do it everyone agree's because ofc they want more action, but only if everyone is on a level playing field each hand.

If you wanted more money in the pot you could just move up limits, but why would you want more action by having 3 people commit money preflop. I don't see why more action is a good thing really....... Thery could of been doing it on HSp simply to have more money in the pot but they didn't have the power to raise the limits. Do they put a straddle at the highest limits played? I doubt it.

They should have a feature that whenever a player goes all in with a donk hand, a pop-up appears:"Are you sure you want to be a jack as s?"
How do you know they don't have that already?
the "show one card" feature. even though i think its "show one show both" in real life,
i may be wrong but "show one show all" doesn't mean "if you show one card you must show the other", it's "if you show your card to one person in the table, you must show your cards to all players"
If you wanted more money in the pot you could just move up limits, but why would you want more action by having 3 people commit money preflop. I don't see why more action is a good thing really....... Thery could of been doing it on HSp simply to have more money in the pot but they didn't have the power to raise the limits. Do they put a straddle at the highest limits played? I doubt it.
Pretty much everything they did on HSP they do in the Big Game if they agree on it. They run it twice, do those insane props, and I'm sure they straddle if the game is getting slow or boring or whatev. If you read through Daniel's blogs from his sessions in the big game, I'm sure you'll find that they have done all those things in the past, not just for HSP.

I think that the strategy to straddling is that you get to act last preflop, builds a bigger pot, and if your the only one doing it, it can throw opponents off there usuall game. if your not used to playing a straddled pot then your raises aren't going to be "proper". it has, in my opinion, more advantages then dissadvantages. but yes in the long run its not a +EV.