Song Lyric Game

Object of the game: Someone posts up a line or two from a song. People then guess what the song title and the artist is. Once that is guessed, the one who correctly identified it must now post up lyrics for people to guess.I guess I'll start off:Hangin' round downtown by myselfAnd I had so much timeTo sit and think about myself

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex and CandyMarcy's playgroundMy lyricsTake back what you said little girland while you're at it take yourself back tooI had a delivery job when that Marcy's playground song was popular by the way, that's why I knew it so fast. I wasnt a big fan...

Take back what you said little girland while you're at it take yourself back too
My Doorbell - The White StripesThose who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whitesYou justify those that died by wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites
Those who died are justified, for wearing the badge, they're the chosen whitesYou justify those that died by wearing the badge, they're the chosen whites
Killing in the Name - Rage (Fuck you, I won't do what ya tell me)You might think that's its cool to get up on stageAnd play rock and roll from your heart and soulBut when no one shows up and your songs all suckAnd there's no applause and no flying brasNo girls will scream for you and no ones gonna sing along with you
Killing in the Name - Rage (Fuck you, I won't do what ya tell me)You might think that's its cool to get up on stageAnd play rock and roll from your heart and soulBut when no one shows up and your songs all suckAnd there's no applause and no flying brasNo girls will scream for you and no ones gonna sing along with you
don't start a band - Reel Big Fish (I love swing big band ska type music)My turn - Now over at the templeOh! they really pack em inThe in crowd say its coolTo dig this chanting thingBut as the wind changed directionThe temple band took five
don't start a band - Reel Big Fish (I love swing big band ska type music)My turn - Now over at the templeOh! they really pack em inThe in crowd say its coolTo dig this chanting thingBut as the wind changed directionThe temple band took five
Rock the Casbah - The ClashWelcome to hard times, back again like it's never beenFor the first time, seems to mess with my headSo when I realize, what it takes can I relateWith whatever, but never will you drive me to hate

P.O.D. "South Town"ya I googled it, because it's a horrible choice for a song, well at least I never hear of it.Flip on the tele... wrestle with jimmy.Somethin is bubblin behind my butt.The bottle is ready to go.

P.O.D. "South Town"ya I googled it, because it's a horrible choice for a song, well at least I never hear of it.Flip on the tele... wrestle with jimmy.Somethin is bubblin behind my butt.The bottle is ready to go.
1. cheating is what ruined the other games. that being said if a long time has passed it is not that bad.2. no need to criticise someone's choice of song3. your song is Say it Ain't So - WeezerlyricsNot a man moved, their eyes glazedstraight ahead till one by one theystepped back and not a word was said
My turn - Now over at the templeOh! they really pack em inThe in crowd say its coolTo dig this chanting thingBut as the wind changed directionThe temple band took five
The Sheeeeeeeeeeep don't like it!Stop the Catbox! Stop the Catbox!
I used to have that as my ringer. True story.Ladies, keep your panties on...
The real one? Or the two guys from the commercial singing the wrong lyrics?Because *that* would be funny.
I'm assuming we're accepting Stop the Catbox for Rock the Casbah in which case it's Adam's turn to post lyrics.
Nope, runthemover still has the active lyrics, and I have no idea what song that is.
1. cheating is what ruined the other games. that being said if a long time has passed it is not that bad.2. no need to criticise someone's choice of song3. your song is Say it Ain't So - WeezerlyricsNot a man moved, their eyes glazedstraight ahead till one by one theystepped back and not a word was said
Nope, runthemover still has the active lyrics, and I have no idea what song that is.
Ahhh, I missed that one. Well, almost 8 hours is too long so I googled.It's The General by Dispatch (never heard of it).Let's do an easy one:Well I don't know where they come from But they sure do come I hope they comin' for me
Ahhh, I missed that one. Well, almost 8 hours is too long so I googled.It's The General by Dispatch (never heard of it).Let's do an easy one:Well I don't know where they come from But they sure do come I hope they comin' for me
Cat Scratch Fever - the Nuge"If ever words were spokenPainful and untrueI said I loved but I liedIn my lifeAll I wantedWas the keepingOf someone like you"
"If ever words were spokenPainful and untrueI said I loved but I liedIn my lifeAll I wantedWas the keepingOf someone like you"
This Love - PanteraSally, take my handTravel south crosslandPut out the fireDon't look past my shoulderThe exodus is hereThe happy ones are nearLet's get togetherBefore we get much older
Cat Scratch Fever - the Nuge"If ever words were spokenPainful and untrueI said I loved but I liedIn my lifeAll I wantedWas the keepingOf someone like you"
What's funniest to me about this is that I was listening to Pantera's version of Cat Scratch Fever when I posted those lyrics.
What's funniest to me about this is that I was listening to Pantera's version of Cat Scratch Fever when I posted those lyrics.
I'm in your head....
This Love - PanteraSally, take my handTravel south crosslandPut out the fireDon't look past my shoulderThe exodus is hereThe happy ones are nearLet's get togetherBefore we get much older
baba o'reilly by the who?I'm waiting on confirmation before I post my lyrics....

sweeeet....YeeeahI know my breedingKnow my fatherHe was born of lightSaid yeahCan't hardly stand itCuts me down the middleThen I...I come alive yeah

sweeeet....YeeeahI know my breedingKnow my fatherHe was born of lightSaid yeahCan't hardly stand itCuts me down the middleThen I...I come alive yeah
DanzigTwist of CainConversion, software version 7.0Looking at life through the eyes of a tire hubEating seeds as a past time activity
DanzigTwist of CainConversion, software version 7.0Looking at life through the eyes of a tire hubEating seeds as a past time activity
ToxicitySystem of a DownWhen she said,"Don't waste your words, they're just lies,"I cried she was deaf.And she worked on my face until breaking my eyes,Then said, "What else you got left?"It was then that I got up to leaveBut she said, "Don't forget,Everybody must give something backFor something they get."
toxicity - System of a downI started thinkin'.you know I started drinkin'.you know I don't remember too much of that day.Somethin' struck me funny when we ran out of moneyWhere do you go now when your only 15?well you beat me to it, so I guess we set the next person up for a double whammy.