December Goals

I don't mean to be a ****** but I think you really might have a gambling problem.
Disease Control leader: Earl, maybe you need to ask yourself if you have a gambling problem.Earl: Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?
  • Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, crap. finished my exam last night, so i went right ahead and tried to get some hours in. decided to start at 2/4-3/6 on AP and 2/4 on WSEX until i get back into the swing of things.firstly, i can't get PAHUD working with AP (any suggestions?) I reinstalled it, and still no go. GT+ works with WSEX but i hate it.Also, i got disconnected 3 times in less than an hour. apparently my internet poops out every few minutes, just for a few seconds, which doesn't do anything unless you're playing poker. its even worse on AP, since a disconnect shuts down the whole program.so i don't know what i'm going to do now.

well, crap. finished my exam last night, so i went right ahead and tried to get some hours in. decided to start at 2/4-3/6 on AP and 2/4 on WSEX until i get back into the swing of things.firstly, i can't get PAHUD working with AP (any suggestions?) I reinstalled it, and still no go. GT+ works with WSEX but i hate it.Also, i got disconnected 3 times in less than an hour. apparently my internet poops out every few minutes, just for a few seconds, which doesn't do anything unless you're playing poker. its even worse on AP, since a disconnect shuts down the whole program.so i don't know what i'm going to do now.
I thought WSEX doesn't work with poker tracker.

iggy, instead of trying to rely on running really well playing way outside your bankroll and trying to make a lot of money back in like a week, why not just play as many hands as possible at like 5/10 and 10/20?i mean...if this is your profession now, playing tons of hands should be a priority right? and playing outside your bankroll should be the last thing you do..but yet it seems like something you do consistently.there are ppl here, pp24 for instance, that can play low limits, play a ton of hands, and jump levels like mad. I dont know if you are as good as he, but i mean, if he can do it, and do it consistently...why couldn't you?just saying...that route seems a lot smarter for someone playing for a living..instead of putting all your money on a 30/60 table and just hoping you "run well" or w/e- Jordan

Yeah, I know what the "right thing" is to be do. I always start out the night playing decent limits; I've just been low on patience lately. Last night, I broke even at PLO for a couple hours, and then lost some SnGs before I decided to get in the 20/40 game.I'm being good right now though. 2-tabling 8/16 with our very own Cobalt. Well, he's only at one of my tables, but that's probably a good thing.

OK, back up to $3800 after a quick +70 BB session at 8/16 this morning. Feeling much better about things now. I think that "poker starvation" thing was a little premature. I was just boring myself trying to 2-table PLO with my whole roll on Bodog. Maybe I'll move some back to Stars before I hit the tables this evening.

I'm being good right now though. 2-tabling 8/16 with our very own Cobalt. Well, he's only at one of my tables, but that's probably a good thing.
Okay...now I'm damn curious...wigglytuff by chance?And, I after that somewhat disasterous session at 30/60 the other morning, I've decided to start mixing some 8/16 in with my 20/40 play. Part of my reluctance to do that previously was that it had kicked my *** in the past. The only SHLHE level I've ever won at consistently is 20/40.

Yeah, that's me. Bodog's the only site where I'm not iggymcfly. If you're trying to play more than 2 tables on Bodog and you're using even reasonable game selection, you probably do have to mix up levels though. The 8/16 games looked plenty soft this morning. I don't usually play more than 2 due to overlap issues though; if I want to three or four-table I throw some resizeable Stars tables into the mix.I know what you mean about feeling like lower levels will be harder to beat too. That's part of why I've been playing 30/60 lately even when I'm ridiculously underrolled for it. After running bad for a month, and having three straight winning sessions at the Bodog 30 game, I started feeling like that might be the only game I could consistently beat.It makes sense too, considering that they're only taking 0.5 BB/100 in rake, and that the best 30/60 game consistently seems to have the highest average pot in terms of BB. When I sat down last night, it was 8-handed, there were 52% of players seeing the flop, and the average pot was $750 (12.5 BB). It's tough to find anything better than that.

Yeah, that's me. Bodog's the only site where I'm not iggymcfly. If you're trying to play more than 2 tables on Bodog and you're using even reasonable game selection, you probably do have to mix up levels though. The 8/16 games looked plenty soft this morning. I don't usually play more than 2 due to overlap issues though; if I want to three or four-table I throw some resizeable Stars tables into the mix.I know what you mean about feeling like lower levels will be harder to beat too. That's part of why I've been playing 30/60 lately even when I'm ridiculously underrolled for it. After running bad for a month, and having three straight winning sessions at the Bodog 30 game, I started feeling like that might be the only game I could consistently beat.It makes sense too, considering that they're only taking 0.5 BB/100 in rake, and that the best 30/60 game consistently seems to have the highest average pot in terms of BB. When I sat down last night, it was 8-handed, there were 52% of players seeing the flop, and the average pot was $750 (12.5 BB). It's tough to find anything better than that.
Ha. That seemed the only logical choice. Everyone else at the table seemed to be a fish. You seemed good, so I don't think we mixed it up very much. I use 1600x1200 and two monitors, so I don't really have any overlap issues.As for rake issues, I found an interesting graph several months ago and made a post about it. Let me see if I can dig it up again.Edit: Found it.rake-analysis.png"I ran the same exact simulation for 30,000 hands, and varied only the limits at which the players played. The first simulation had no rake, and all the others had a rake of 5% to a max of $3. The rake was taken out in $1 increments at every $20. So a pot which was in the range [$40,$60) would have a $2 rake applied to it. A pot which was $60 or larger would have $3 taken for rake. The results were dramatic.By the end of 30K hands, the expert player was winning at a rate of 4.77 bb/100 in the unraked game. When the expert was playing in a raked 2/4 game, his earn rate dropped down to 1.05 bb/100. The rake is taking over three-quarters of his winnings. In fact, players don’t begin to escape the gravitational pull of the rake until 5/10.This goes a long way towards explaining why higher limit games are sometimes easier to beat than lower limit games. Consider how much you have to beat the players for to make the same earn rate. At 2/4, you need to beat the players for about 4.72 bb/100 to take home 1 bb/100. At 15/30, you only need to beat the plays for 2.25 bb/100 to take home 1 bb/100 after the rake. Your edge over the field can be cut in half, and you’ll still acrue big bets at the same rate."Thread

Those numbers are not accurate.If you look in PT, you get a pretty good idea of how much rake costs.It depends on the site you play at, but it tends to be between 2.5 and 2BB/100 in full ring for stakes between .5/1 and 3/6. The site is right about the drop starting at about 5/10. That is the point where the rake is capped often enough to become significant. For short handed, it is more meaningful.This is because the cap is lowered When the cap is 2 uniformly across stakes, the difference between playing at 3/6 and 1/2 is drastic. It can make the difference between paying 5BB/100 at 1/2 in rake and 3BB/100 in rake at 3/6. The best way to solve the problem is to play on AP or WPX. That way being a 4.5BB/100 winner before rake means you're still a 4.5BB/100 winner in reality. Which is roughly where im at.

Those numbers are not accurate.If you look in PT, you get a pretty good idea of how much rake costs.It depends on the site you play at, but it tends to be between 2.5 and 2BB/100 in full ring for stakes between .5/1 and 3/6. The site is right about the drop starting at about 5/10. That is the point where the rake is capped often enough to become significant. For short handed, it is more meaningful.This is because the cap is lowered When the cap is 2 uniformly across stakes, the difference between playing at 3/6 and 1/2 is drastic. It can make the difference between paying 5BB/100 at 1/2 in rake and 3BB/100 in rake at 3/6. The best way to solve the problem is to play on AP or WPX. That way being a 4.5BB/100 winner before rake means you're still a 4.5BB/100 winner in reality. Which is roughly where im at.
after I clear my bonus on doyles room I am going to WSEX and give it a run. I would do Absolute but they will not give me rakeback.

Somebody help me out with the rakeback topic.I don't play much LHE, I play a lot or tourneys and sit n' gos lately.I've been playing on Stars, as they seem to have the most tourneys, biggest fields, guaranteed prize pools, tons of sng's, etc.Is it worth my while to play whatever cash games I do end up playing at another site, like WPEX, etc, or should I just stick to Stars as the amount of RB I get wouldn't be that high anyways?

I want to keep my goals attainable:1. Play enough hands to become a sliverstar.2. If I run into a bad streak, remember that I have been running incredibly well. Most importantly, DO NOT MOVE UP IN LIMITS IF I START RUNNING BAD.3. When I take shots at higher limits only buy in what I can afford to lose. If lose the buy in DO NOT RELOAD.4. Stop playing if I am running bad. Even if I don't feel like I'm on tilt, still take a few hours break. If the game is really fishy I can keep playing, but if I lose a set amount I must quit before I feel desperate.If I achieve those goals I think I will have a winning month.

Somebody help me out with the rakeback topic.I don't play much LHE, I play a lot or tourneys and sit n' gos lately.I've been playing on Stars, as they seem to have the most tourneys, biggest fields, guaranteed prize pools, tons of sng's, etc.Is it worth my while to play whatever cash games I do end up playing at another site, like WPEX, etc, or should I just stick to Stars as the amount of RB I get wouldn't be that high anyways?
If you mostly play tourneys and SnGs and you like Stars, you're probably fine to just stay there. If you start putting in a lot of cash game volume, you probably want to get rakeback.

If you're a tourney player already, it's pretty easy to convert your FPPs to T$ in the 2700 and 5400 FPP satellites into the Sunday Million. Ideally, it would help to be a Supernova, but as long as you're at least a Platinum Star, I don't think you're losing too much vs. having rakeback. If you do play them, just remember to play even tighter than you think you need to, because people donk their way out of those like crazy.

When you say it's like getting rakeback, it's not really like wpx or ap.It's the equivalent of maybe 10-20%rb at the lower stakes when you are platnum i think.Which is about 1/5th of what you get at AP or WPX.
I'm beginning to think I need to get in on this absolute thing. I know the play is supposed to be better on there than some other sites, I'm guessing the rakeback makes up for it?
I'm beginning to think I need to get in on this absolute thing. I know the play is supposed to be better on there than some other sites, I'm guessing the rakeback makes up for it?
I believe so. sign up through me cinci :Deveryone keeps saying w/AP u get 100% rakeback if u add in bonuses n other prizes u get for putting in pts
Yeah... except dont use his sig. Use mine.It's good luck. I swear!
LOL @ everybody wanting my business. I've actually been thinking about it for a couple of weeks. If I do sign up for AP, I'll do it at the beginning of January. I'll PM you Abba when that gets closer.

well i am finally startin to get back into poker..been pretty busy with other stuff. So i put a massive $20 on bodog and have been grindin out limit games...up to $51 today...In about a month ill be able to add to the br once the paychecks start comin in but for now thats all im givin myself...has been to bad...been grindin out the low limits on bodog and they really do suck

These limit games on Bodog are going to be my salvation. I've been playing 8/16 and 10/20 and I must be up 150 BB the last two days. It's like the golden days of Party, only with really shitty software that makes it hard to play more than 2 tables, and with games that are only going strong half the day. Most relevant of all to the thread, I hit my "high end" goal for the month, as the BR's now back over $5,000.