Classy Tony G. (no Sw)

While I find his antics while playing poker to be very annoying and offensive, this shows that he is a good guy:"Tony Guoga, better known on the tournament circuit as Tony G, won the Betfair Asian Poker Tour main event, winning $451,700 and giving the Australian a place in history as the first victor of the first major poker tournament held in Asia.Guoga will give half the winnings to charity.""Local player Joshua Ang finished in second place, winning $233,200. He also received the Merlion trophy, which is a symbol of Singapore. The trophy was given to Guoga, but he gave it right to Ang so that it would stay in the Singapore."http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/article/7787

I once attacked his antics on an Aussie Poker forum (which his company owns) and he actually took the time to post defending himself. Away from the table I have no doubt he is a completely different person, I still believe his table antics sometimes go too far though. However, it works for him and its only pushing the boundaries, not breaking them, so good luck to him.

I once attacked his antics on an Aussie Poker forum (which his company owns) and he actually took the time to post defending himself. Away from the table I have no doubt he is a completely different person, I still believe his table antics sometimes go too far though. However, it works for him and its only pushing the boundaries, not breaking them, so good luck to him.
How does he defend himself? In the few occasions I've seen him play (on TV), I've found him to be completely out of line. While I can somewhat understand some of this antics during a poker hand, most of the time he is just being a complete ahole. He may be a good guy at heart, but I'd have to say he's just a 15 year old internet punk stuck in a 40 year olds body.
Is that the hand against men the master?If so i have watched that alot too hehe.He is a good guy by the looks of it, he just plays differently which is his tactic.
It's against Ralph Perry.Tony needles him into going AIPF with KJo and then absolutely smashes him for like 5 minutes afterwards.
How does he defend himself? In the few occasions I've seen him play (on TV), I've found him to be completely out of line. While I can somewhat understand some of this antics during a poker hand, most of the time he is just being a complete ahole. He may be a good guy at heart, but I'd have to say he's just a 15 year old internet punk stuck in a 40 year olds body.
There's a difference between Tony G and most internet punks you speak of. Tony G actually knows how to play poker and use his table talk to his advantage. His table talk can get to the best of players, and practically force them to make bad decisions for all their chips.
I actually thought he crossed the line in the WPT Paris event, but maybe he was drunk that day or something (doesn't excuse it, but makes it more understandable at least). Other than that though, I'd agree with you, even though he's annoying he doesn't do anything too horrible from what I've seen.

I'm sure he a nice guy and all that but at the table he is a total d-bag...There was no need to keep going on Perry for like 5 minutes after he got him to call. The guy call off his money and thats fine but there was no need him to keep going on and on. Learn to show some ****ing respect after a hand/bustout is over.I must admit I did LOL when he said "...on your bike"While Daniels running another protege contest, I think Eric Molina had won Tony G's.