did smash ever make a grand?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a grand exit.It was Wayne Gretzkyish.
Who is Wayne Gretzkyish?Last time I heard it was him trying to quit smoking, or may be quitting poker as well.
Who said I quit poker? Who said I've got a grand exit?Remember, I am the Poker Samurai. The grand master of poker! You stupid people here just can't stand the great accomplishments of mine, go away losers!
Who is Wayne Gretzkyish?Last time I heard it was him trying to quit smoking, or may be quitting poker as well.
Who said I quit poker? Who said I've got a grand exit?Remember, I am the Poker Samurai. The grand master of poker! You stupid people here just can't stand the great accomplishments of mine, go away losers!
how are you not banned?
how are you not banned?
we had two of them join the same day
how are you not banned?
He is not banned because he possesses a sense of humor which is of the sarcastic kind that hopefully others will catch up on.

Look at the post count....This is an imposter Smash.You know he may have been a bit harsh on some people but smash opened up his poker playing for new people to learn from. He didn't say it was perfect but it was/is his style and he was bold enough to let people in on it. It's just a shame that people attacked him. It got to be a great pissing contest and when the smoke cleared no one knows who delivered the first punch. Was Smash totally innocent. No. Not saying that. But he was also a hunted individual by some and that was wrong as well.I admired Smash for his posts. If you can't learn something from someone elses poker style, then you have a closed mind. And the experiment was more about Bankroll managment than anything. Oh well, such is the internet. Some people take great pride in tearing others down (from behind a PC Monitor). Let's all just try and cut each other a little more slack and help each other become better poker players.

I'm sorry, but that is a very poor 'sense of humor' in the comedic sense. We would all probably catch on if we were all turned into 4 year olds instantly... except then we wouldn't be able to read his posts, so they would still not be funny, and I would rather watch cartoons anyways.Humor. This is not humor. This is idiocy.(I think we all knew it was an imposter -- it's still not funny.)

ahem, not to get the ball rolling but. It was not his style it was Sklansky's and although Smash was intelligent and gave some sound advice it is not as if there aren't many more intelligent people on this board who also know quite a bit about poker. Before he is mourned a martyr and eventually sainted as the fresh memories fade it is important to look around and notice that there really has been 1. less agression and pointless name calling 2. more biting sarcasm that is actually funny and not really hurting anyone (Smash would have probably tried to kill the Krablar post before everyone realized that not only was it hilarious--I too am now a prophet of Krablar, but also had some valuable nuggets of poker advice Caro style). and 3. we still have a vibrant strategy section with good advice. I'm not attributing anything solely to Smash, perhaps we are being nicer to each other on purpose to compensate or prove a point and soon things will be flame-tastic again. Probably anything thats happening now doesn't have anything to do with him at all. I truly don't have anything against the guy because I don't really know anything about him, but at the end of the day whether you like him or not and before you come to his aid remember that he always cared about himself and the ways he could make himself appear to be the smartest, most competent, best poker player in the universe ever--before he cared about helping new poker players become better. I have been waiting for a smash moratorium type post to pop up because I've spent quite a bit of time between actually doing my job (too much time) thinking about the way he left and what peoples eventual reaction would be. Feel free to flame me a disagree although I've read all the Smash defenses before... so theres not much point. (also I realize that most everyone cares about appearing intelligent or funny or whatever they see themselves as before they care about helping new poker players, I certainly do, but it can be done with some class or with a healthy dose of self deprication and it just comes off better.a penny plus one makes two cents. anywaysKrablar forever!oh and"Feast on these Nuts"

Why would you want to pretend you are an internet poster? Question: If smash just left his s/n would still be registered so how is this person registered as him Or if he was banned why would they let his screename be open for someone to register as??

oh i thought we were done with this crap.by the by i didn't want to start a new thread about this so i'm gonna post it hereI searched for the name "SapphireTiger" on google and apparently there's some 10 year old kid with the same name but posts on the Pokemon forums...*sigh*dumb name-stealing kid.

oh i thought we were done with this crap.by the by i didn't want to start a new thread about this so i'm gonna post it hereI searched for the name "SapphireTiger" on google and apparently there's some 10 year old kid with the same name but posts on the Pokemon forums...*sigh*dumb name-stealing kid.
i googled, meh I am my own for now, or at least until I get a fan
Why would you want to pretend you are an internet poster?  Question:  If smash just left his s/n would still be registered so how is this person registered as him   Or   if he was banned why would they let his screename be open for someone to register as??
you need glasses if you cant distinguish 'oo' from '00'. (hint: one is a letter, one is a number)
ahem, not to get the ball rolling but. It was not his style it was Sklansky's and although Smash was intelligent and gave some sound advice it is not as if there aren't many more intelligent people on this board who also know quite a bit about poker. Before he is mourned a martyr and eventually sainted as the fresh memories fade it is important to look around and notice that there really has been 1. less agression and pointless name calling 2. more biting  sarcasm that is actually funny and not really hurting anyone (Smash would have probably tried to kill the Krablar post before everyone realized that not only was it hilarious--I too am now a prophet of Krablar, but also had some valuable nuggets of poker advice Caro style). and 3. we still have a vibrant strategy section with good advice.  I'm not attributing anything solely to Smash, perhaps we are being nicer to each other on purpose to compensate or prove a point and soon things will be flame-tastic again. Probably anything thats happening now doesn't have anything to do with him at all. I truly don't have anything against the guy because I don't really know anything about him, but at the end of the day whether you like him or not and before you come to his aid remember that he always cared about himself and the ways he could make himself appear to be the smartest, most competent, best poker player in the universe ever--before he cared about helping new poker players become better. I have been waiting for a smash moratorium type post to pop up because I've spent quite a bit of time between actually doing my job (too much time) thinking about the way he left and what peoples eventual reaction would be. Feel free to flame me a disagree although I've read all the Smash defenses before... so theres not much point. (also I realize that most everyone cares about appearing intelligent or funny or whatever they see themselves as before they care about helping new poker players, I certainly do, but it can be done with some class or with a healthy dose of self deprication and it just comes off better.a penny plus one makes two cents. anywaysKrablar forever!oh and"Feast on these Nuts"
Ok then. You want to help newbies? Pony up! Put your words into action. You Say it's a kinder gentler FCP (I haven't seen it) so go for it.What's Ghoti's way of doing it?

Like Ghoti said post hands in the strat section. Please post hands where you have actual questions about your play more often than not. It isn't bad to post hands that show some serious strategy in them, but more often than not the strat section is for hands you feel icky about. Use it people as we will always welcome more people asking for help. Honestly you'll get more from that then smash putting over his point of view on his own hands. He gave solid advice when he posted in the strat section, but he isn't a demigod. Neither are any of us, and that includes Daniel. Everyone on this site are jsut a bunch of people who like to play poker. Get over him people, its really no big deal, just as it was no big deal when he'd rag on people but people would get their panties in a twist. I say let sleeping dogs lie

Ok then.  You want to help newbies?   Pony up!  Put your words into action.  You Say it's a kinder gentler FCP (I haven't seen it) so go for it.What's Ghoti's way of doing it?
we don't need to post entire sessions to impart our knowledge dude. Post some of your trouble hands and you'll get plenty of responses. Take some iniative for yourself

Ok, I am fairly new to this site, but I did see a lot of Smahes posts, some of it quite funny as I like sarcasm, but some of it quite degrading and self-righteous.Anyways, can someone tell me in a nutshell when and why he left? Was he kicked off or did he make a "grand" exit. (notice the pun :wink: )And yeah, I didn't like the imposter stuff, not very funny or original if you have to pretend you are someone else.Thanks,JackThe (out of the loop) Cat :D As an aside, I have 3 of 4 in the final four and I am in contention for 1st or 2nd prize money in a litle NCAA pool I went into.. yay!