Hands That You Butchered So Badly

So I was cruising through some of my hand histories, looking for leaks....and I'm pretty sure I found a big one. Everything looks like it's going smoothly, grinding out that PTBB/100 then....WHAMMOAppparently I "occassionally" get this disease that causes me try to take down every pot I enter no matter what the action tells me. Somehow the other dude is "trying to to put one over on me," and BY GOD I am the SHERIFF and I am here to do the SHERIFF's workThis one is pretty good:Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.503 playersStack sizes:Button: $37.85SB: $26.50Hero: $61.70Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with 5 :club: 4 :club: Button folds, SB calls, Hero raises to $1.5, SB calls.Flop: A :D K :D 3 :) ($3, 2 players)SB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, SB raises to $24, Hero folds.Uncalled bets: $12 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $27--------------This may be my crown jewel though:Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.509 playersStack sizes:MP3: $122.50Hero: $50.25Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with 9 :club: 9 :P4 folds, MP3 raises to $1.5, 3 folds, Hero raises to $4.75, MP3 calls.Yeah, so let's 3-bet 99 OOP...fine, widening my 3-bet range was part of my goal that session. Not terrible, though OOP all hand is no fun.Flop: Q :D 3 :P Q :) ($9.75, 2 players)Hero bets $9.75, Flop comes paired with a card that is well within villian's range and we lead for the ENTIRE pot on a dry board that I already don't like....hmmmm, the wheels are rattling.MP3 raises to $20Villain then raises my PSB...saying, "Hey Bud, I got a Q, let's party!" Insta-muck right?Hero calls.Whoops. Wheels are falling off. Surely I'm going to check the turn and see villian's action and fold to any further aggression, right? RIGHT?Turn: 8 :) ($49.75, 2 players)Hero is all-in $25.5Hero open PUSHES. ZOMG WTF? Instead of the wheels falling off I think I just drove the god damn car into oncoming traffic. MP3 calls.GG me [tuff_fish]HYACHACHACHA[/tuff_fish].River: 8 :club: ($100.75, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $100.75)Results:Final pot: $100.75MP3 showed Qh JhHero showed 9c 9h

I like about a 0.5 pot sized bet on the flop there to obv. both control the size of the pot and to probe villain a bit. Depending on his action after the probe we still have options rather than getting pot stuck somewhere on the turn or possibly the flop depending.

Here's a pretty good one, not sure who played it worse though, me or the villain.Villain was pretty aggro.1/2 6-max LHE - I raise in MP with K :) J :) , folds to villain in the BB who 3-bets, I call.Flop: 5 :club: 7 :club: 8 :D He bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I cap. Turn: 5 :P He checks, I bet, he calls.River: 3 :D He checks, I bet, he calls.Villain shows A :D J :) LOOOOOOOOLLL

Wow, great thread. I don't know where to start as I usually butcher at least one per session. Here's a couple of gems that stood out so much I made them favorites in PT:Hand #1:Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 :club: , A :D . Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB calls, 1 fold, Hero calls.Flop: (10 SB) 8 :D , A :club: , 6 :D(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: (5 BB) 5 :club:(3 players)SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.River: (5 BB) 8 :club:(3 players)SB bets, Hero raises, Button 3-bets, SB folds, Hero calls.Final Pot: 10 BBResults below: Hero has 9d Ad (two pair, aces and eights). Button has Jc Kc (flush, ace high). Outcome: Button wins 10 BB. So yeah, that was some major major suck. But I don't think any hand I've ever played will compare to the following. What's more, I think I probably win the thread with this one.Hand #2:Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 :) , Q :club:. UTG calls, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB raises, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.Flop: (10 SB) Q :club: , 8 :) , 8 :P(5 players)Hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, CO calls, Button calls, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls $2 (All-In), CO calls, Button calls.Turn: (12.50 BB) K :P(5 players, 1 all-in)Hero bets, BB calls, CO folds, Button calls.River: (15.50 BB) 2 :heart:(4 players, 1 all-in)Hero checks, BB bets, Button raises, Hero folds, BB calls.Final Pot: 19.50 BBResults below: BB has Ah Kd (two pair, kings and eights). UTG has Ac Jd (one pair, eights). Button has 2h 2s (full house, twos full of eights). Outcome: Button wins 19.50 BB. What's so terrible there you ask? Well, not much really. I was actually kind of proud of how I played it until I looked through PT after the session and realized that:Hero is SB with 8 :) , Q :heart:Yeah, I misremembered my hand while multi-tabling. In a 20BB pot. Wow. Thread over, I win :)GB

This just in from my latest 180. Sorry couldnt get the converter to work.*********** # 121 **************PokerStars Game #6854339599: Tournament #34928630, $20+$2 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2006/11/01 - 15:43:01 (ET)Table '34928630 10' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: stringbetz (10677 in chips)Seat 3: Prebbz (9880 in chips)Seat 4: harryhope (6575 in chips)Seat 5: 10E$UN (8814 in chips)Seat 6: KneeCarrot (5499 in chips)Seat 7: KatZilla (11115 in chips)Seat 8: Zyberlmt (18675 in chips)Seat 9: catch95 (1681 in chips)stringbetz: posts the ante 25Prebbz: posts the ante 25harryhope: posts the ante 2510E$UN: posts the ante 25KneeCarrot: posts the ante 25KatZilla: posts the ante 25Zyberlmt: posts the ante 25catch95: posts the ante 25Prebbz: posts small blind 200harryhope: posts big blind 400*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to stringbetz [6h 5h]10E$UN: foldsKneeCarrot: raises 800 to 1200KatZilla: calls 1200Zyberlmt: foldscatch95: foldsstringbetz: calls 1200Prebbz: foldsharryhope: folds*** FLOP *** [3c 8s 2s]KneeCarrot: checksKatZilla: bets 800stringbetz: raises 2200 to 3000KneeCarrot: raises 1274 to 4274 and is all-inKatZilla: foldsstringbetz: calls 1274*** TURN *** [3c 8s 2s] [Ts]*** RIVER *** [3c 8s 2s Ts] [Kd]*** SHOW DOWN ***KneeCarrot: shows [8h 8c] (three of a kind, Eights)stringbetz: shows [6h 5h] (high card King)KneeCarrot collected 13748 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 13748 | Rake 0Board [3c 8s 2s Ts Kd]Seat 2: stringbetz (button) showed [6h 5h] and lost with high card KingSeat 3: Prebbz (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 4: harryhope (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: 10E$UN folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: KneeCarrot showed [8h 8c] and won (13748) with three of a kind, EightsSeat 7: KatZilla folded on the FlopSeat 8: Zyberlmt folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 9: catch95 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

After this hand I felt like I had just made the greatest play of my life, but the more I think about it, the more I think I was just stupid and got lucky.WSOP 2006 5k event #9 - at the time this was literally 10x the stakes I had ever played for before, and it didn't help that when I got to my first table I had actually seen 6 of the players on TV at least once. Fortunatley the other 3 players were mid-20s guys with full-tilt jerseys on, so by attacking them, avoiding the pros and just getting rediculously good flops within 4 or 5 hours I was the big stack on my table by a HUGE margin - almost 40k when everyone else had just over 10. So of course I wasn't very happy when I was moved to another table where directly to my left was someone with damn near double my chips (never asked for a count, but I guessed around 70k). I stupidly didn't let this bother me and continued to play exactly the same way I had on the last table and started bleeding off chips left and right, it seemed like every time I raised Mr. Big Stack would put in a huge reraise and I'd have to fold, one time I had pocket kings, made the exact same raise and he mucked like his cards were on fire so I got only the blinds, after almost an hour of this, the rather tight UTG player made a standard raise and was called by the player directly to his left, I was next and looked down at k4off and as I reached out to muck I almost headbutted the rubbernecking Mr. Bigstack and realized that in my newfound concentration on other players my dumb *** had been flashing my hole cards at him almost every hand.So I raised....Mr. Bigstack did exactly what anyone else would do and put in a HUGE reraise.The tight EP players both folded, now I knew that my king high was good, otherwise he wouldn't have reraised for fear of the first two players having a good hand (I'm not saying my thinking was correct, just that this is what I was thinking) so I pushed allin, my stack had shrunk considerably by now, but was still 2nd best and almost 40% of his. He had correct pot odds by now to call with any 2 cards higher than a 4, but he would a). be risking his chip lead in a very marginal situation. and B ). have to show his hand. He announced "I get you next time." and mucked in disgust.So I won my biggest pot of the night without a flop and was extremely proud of myself for being a complete idiot.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)MP1 ($54.80)MP2 ($588.70)MP3 ($123.75)CO ($69.85)Button ($157.15)SB ($96.75)BB ($100)Hero ($95.80)UTG+1 ($93.50)Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 :D , 7 :D . Hero calls $1, UTG+1 calls $1, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1, MP3 calls $1, 2 folds, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: ($6) 5 :club: , 8 :) , 7 :D(6 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $5, MP2 calls $5, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $5.Turn: ($21) J :)(3 players)Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $15, MP2 raises to $30, Hero calls $30, UTG+1 raises to $87.5, MP2 calls $57.50, Hero calls $57.50.River: ($283.50) Q :)(3 players)Hero bets $2.3 (All-In), MP2 calls $2.30.Final Pot: $288.10Results:Hero has 6c 7c (flush, queen high). UTG+1 has Ah As (one pair, aces). MP2 has Jh Ad (one pair, jacks). Outcome: Hero wins $288.10.Bleh, wouldn't mind some serious feedback on this. My 2nd turn call is find given the price, but I doubt I should have gotten there...

not sure,,, as I se it it's about $30 for $82 asuming no further action,given your weaks draws and not closing action,..I'm thinking it's very light. Your straight is in vulnerable shape, imo.flush looks safer draw.But with flop and turn leader yet to act again, I don't like the expected effective odds. And stack not big enough to get paid enough when you hit..with no nut draws

Yeah, the first call on the turn was terrible, IMO.The 2nd one, I was getting like 4.5-1 if I did the math right on the spot, so I couldn't fold there.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt  42  games	 0.005 secs	 8,400  games/secBoard: 5d 8c 7h Jc Dead:  			equity (%)	  win (%)	tie (%) Hand  1:	47.6190 %	  47.62% 	00.00%	  { 7c6c }Hand  2:	47.6190 %	  47.62% 	00.00%	  { AhAs }Hand  3:	04.7619 %	  04.76% 	00.00%	  { AdJh }

Obviously I can't put them on these exact hands, but meh.

Somehow the other dude is "trying to to put one over on me," and BY GOD I am the SHERIFF and I am here to do the SHERIFF's work
once i got over this, i started getting better results ... sometimes people are putting a lot of chips in the pot because they have a good hand

this is a good one...I think Troyo knows which hand i'm postingHe was railing me and i was railing him in the 40k guaranteed on FCP (20+2+R)Sorry i am bad at converting and i'm doing it from memoryHero CO: QQraised in EP and 3 callers I smooth call (first mistake)flop: Kxx rainbowcheck, check, check, bet, Hero Raise (oops) , smooth call, fold fold fold Turn: blank bet, Hero call (WTF am i doing)river blank: bet, Hero Finally folds (god i'm an idiot)I ended up donking off probably 1/3 of my pretty good stack. and i bubbled the tournyIra

this is a good one...I think Troyo knows which hand i'm postingHe was railing me and i was railing him in the 40k guaranteed on FCP (20+2+R)Sorry i am bad at converting and i'm doing it from memoryHero CO: QQraised in EP and 3 callers I smooth call (first mistake)flop: Kxx rainbowcheck, check, check, bet, Hero Raise (oops) , smooth call, fold fold fold Turn: blank bet, Hero call (WTF am i doing)river blank: bet, Hero Finally folds (god i'm an idiot)I ended up donking off probably 1/3 of my pretty good stack. and i bubbled the tournyIra
I remember that hand (KINDA). I think you bet half pot on flop, bet half pot on turn, and bet halfpot on river then folded to a minraise? Ah I have a bad memory...you sure donked it up though! lol
I remember that hand (KINDA). I think you bet half pot on flop, bet half pot on turn, and bet halfpot on river then folded to a minraise? Ah I have a bad memory...you sure donked it up though! lol
thanks ray...you know i always need reminders about how much ISAP. but don't let it be said i won't fire the third bullet.