Jamie "luckbox" Gold Will Play On High Stakes Poker

I swear to Christ if the Pope won the thing you retards would find a reason to bash himThe pope does not play the main event.positively patheticHi daffy. It's duck season.Jamie Gold may not be charismaticYes, like most talent agents he is not charismatic. That's how they survive in the business. The only reason Gold had any chance at winning the main event was because people donked their chips to him based on what he was saying. Of course, that has nothing to do with charisma. but at the very least would you at least give him a little credit for making it through such a huge field of playersStop whining. Sorry, that was a little harsh. What I mean to say is would you at the very least, please, plllllease give lottery winners credit for picking the right numbers? Please?...he is not a donk...So limping utg with 22, then calling a raise from a guy who has already put in a quarter of his stack, then dark checking is a good play? His call with the baby flush against AC was a good play? Limping every time you get QQ-AA is a good play? Trying to outsmart Allen Cunningham with his table talk is a good play? If you do not realize that Gold made many plays that good players would never make then you are a donk. I dont think he deserves this type of ridicule and lack of respect for closing out the main event decisively .As opposed to "closing out" the main event non-decisively, Daffy? As in, "we weren't sure if a pair of queens beat a pair of tens so we had to look at the photo finish"? Yes, I can see that the main event was much more decisive this year than other years. Last year we had to wait days after the final table ended to be sure of who won, but this year we knew right away.If anything you should be on Wasicka's a-ss for making such a p-u-s-s-y laydownFuck. I f-o-r-g-o-t t-o m-e-n-t-i-o-n t-h-a-t.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Jamie Gold made plays GOOD players wouldn't make.So Jamie Gold got lucky.So Jamie Gold tried to outplay the whole table and did so on numerous occasions (including Wasicka's terrible TT call)...Yeah, he was terrible. Awful player. Worst player to win the main event.Jamie Gold has the BEST POSSIBLE APPROACH to the WSOP 2006 Main Event. He took advantage of the hundreds of weak-tight players and trapped the players who wanted to play back at him. He hit about a bazillion flops, but any time someone wins a tournament they run well.I don't like him, I think he was obnoxious... but he played amazingly. He deserves props for his strong play... not criticisms from players who think since they get 3rd out of 8 at their home game they must be better than Jamie Gold.- TR

:club:
mind boggling how so many micro limit forum tards are so eager to bash a guy who just won the biggest poker tournament in history.I swear to Christ if the Pope won the thing you retards would find a reason to bash himpositively patheticJamie Gold may not be charismatic, but at the very least would you at least give him a little credit for making it through such a huge field of players....he is not a donk...he just went on a mad run of cards just like all of us have at one point or another.
WSOP ME champs are supposed to be humble. Gold is not. Did you hear his radio interview after he won the ME?"I will challenge any pro to a 1 million dollar heads up match, and they have to use their own real money and I will use mine. They might be beat, but they wont outplay me. No one can outplay me"Seems like a real class act humble champ that doesn't need to be ridiculed, to me... :D

...he is not a donk...So limping utg with 22, then calling a raise from a guy who has already put in a quarter of his stack, then dark checking is a good play? His call with the baby flush against AC was a good play? Limping every time you get QQ-AA is a good play? Trying to outsmart Allen Cunningham with his table talk is a good play? If you do not realize that Gold made many plays that good players would never make then you are a donkIm not going to dispute your other points...BUT this one is well worth addressinghow can you POSSIBLY say that limping with 2/2 is a bad play with a stack as huge as his.....2/2 is a perfect hand to trap with with his stack...he hits his set whats the big 'error here' I dont understand your logic...are you suggesting he folds 2/2 with his massive stack ? 1/4 of the short stacks stack didnt even represent 1/20th of Golds stack...the dark check was the perfect move....he figures he doesnt have much of a chance to hit his set but if he does he gets paid.you sir have a lot to learn about deep stack tourney poker.

I can't remember the exact hand, but didn't Gold claim that he "trapped" a player when he insta-called an all-in with AQ and the other guy had AJ.I hate to say it, but anyone who thinks they are trapping with AQ is a donk.

Hey, we're all jealous of people that win money. But anybody jealous of Jamie Gold is a retard.How can you say he is a good player that dominates the table and thinks ahead when he's already lost most of his winnings to promises he made (1 mil to dealers, half to the guy who staked him, taxes).'Yep, I'm trapping with my two's; I'm going to call a raise and if I don't hit a set give some guy a lot of my chips.'Also ripp, believe it or not; perhaps how many tournaments (or money) you win isn't a sign of a smart person, or a good back-up to your case.'I say the sun revolves around the earth, and I must be right because I bet you never won a poker tourney NEWB!!!11111!!!ZOMGXXZORZ!11!!!!'Unless you saw the actual live FT, I wouldn't be talking about Jamie's moves. If you did, I don't see how you can make those points.

Who cares he's world champion and has a truck load of money neither of which u have. Does the fact you may have won the odd $20 mtt qualify you to critisize the world champion.........I think not!He's done nothing to you so leave him alone

I would say Jamie Gold’s table talk is like a condom – Annoying but effective.That being said, I still think that the guy’s a donk. He made tons of mistakes and was fortunate to suck out as many times as he did. And yes I too was screaming “CALL, CALL!” at the TV when Wasicka had that OESFD three handed. I can’t comprehend folding that hand three handed. Very few hands have you behind and that seemed like the biggest mistake of the entire FT. The call with the 10’s wasn’t nearly as bad as laying down that OESFD.

I can't remember the exact hand, but didn't Gold claim that he "trapped" a player when he insta-called an all-in with AQ and the other guy had AJ.I hate to say it, but anyone who thinks they are trapping with AQ is a donk.
incorrectthe hand where he exclaimed he 'trapped' him was when he has holding QQ vs JJ
I don't like him, I think he was obnoxious... but he played amazingly. He deserves props for his strong play... not criticisms from players who think since they get 3rd out of 8 at their home game they must be better than Jamie Gold.
Nothing could be truthful than this!!All of you FCP's er's who live for the $2.20 sit n go's are the losers! You're main event consists of a $10 MTT tourny! Jamie has the money and FU to all of bash him!
incorrectthe hand where he exclaimed he 'trapped' him was when he has holding QQ vs JJ
No, he did this twice. I remember the QQ vs JJ one as well, but it wasn't as bad as the AQ one.
And yes I too was screaming “CALL, CALL!” at the TV when Wasicka had that OESFD three handed. I can’t comprehend folding that hand three handed. Very few hands have you behind and that seemed like the biggest mistake of the entire FT. The call with the 10’s wasn’t nearly as bad as laying down that OESFD.
The hand has been discussed ad nauseam in a number of threads. To insist that it's the biggest mistake of the FT suggests that you're unaware of the thought that went into the fold and that you're forgetting a number of hands like Lee's bust-out with JJ.
The hand has been discussed ad nauseam in a number of threads. To insist that it's the biggest mistake of the FT suggests that you're unaware of the thought that went into the fold and that you're forgetting a number of hands like Lee's bust-out with JJ.
that K3 hand was the worst ever...or was it Q3? Something like that. That was the worst...

All you losers that are bashing Gold are pathetic.Unless you are a main event winner or cashed in the ME or even quailfied to play at the ME, you have no qualification to criticize the ME wiiner.Everyone that wins has to get lucky, you can't fault the guy for running good, but to call him a donk? how dare you. What have all you losers done that make you such good poker player to call GOLD a donk?

All you losers that are bashing Gold are pathetic.Unless you are a main event winner or cashed in the ME or even quailfied to play at the ME, you have no qualification to criticize the ME wiiner.Everyone that wins has to get lucky, you can't fault the guy for running good, but to call him a donk? how dare you. What have all you losers done that make you such good poker player to call GOLD a donk?
I agree-you can say that he got luck or that he doesn't have any skill...but he did beat 8772 people-he can play
You, sir, are an idiot.I'd explain why in pedantic detail, but you won't read it so I'm not going to waste my time.

I see that the jeaslousy has still not subsided about Gold's impressive win at the ME. It's too bad that you people can't just face the fact that he's better than you. Don't say he's not - if he wasn't you'd been on t.v. too....and you weren't.

2/2 is a perfect hand to trap with with his stackWith Jamie Gold's stack, yes. Against a shortstack, no....he hits his set whats the big 'error here' I dont understand your logic..The big error is calling that raise just to hit a set.1/4 of the short stacks stack didnt even represent 1/20th of Golds stack..Doesn't matter. He can't win more than his opponent has in front of him. He needs 8-1 for the call and he is only getting 4-1 implied odds.the dark check was the perfect moveNo. It garuanteed that he could only win the hand by flopping a set.you sir have a lot to learn about deep stack tourney poker.So do you, Daffy.

I see that the jeaslousy has still not subsided about Gold's impressive win at the ME. It's too bad that you people can't just face the fact that he's better than you. Don't say he's not - if he wasn't you'd been on t.v. too....and you weren't.
So if you win a tournament you're better than everyone else? Robert Verkonyi is better than everyone here? I think not...
He may be better than me, but that doesn't make him any less of a donk. ;)I'm not jealous, in fact I was rooting for him after AC got knocked out, but after the lawsuit and how he has come across in interviews I want him to lose.