• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

7 episodes in. Can't get, "Hey is that a gal I see, No it's just a fallacy" out of my head.   GOB's delivery on "Here's a mouse, now it's gone," is still slaying me 24 hours after watching it.

15 (new) episode season to be released on Netflix on May 26th

It wasnt fox executives who killed this show they gave it alot of chances to work but they run a business. Its the TV viewing public who would rather watch dumbasses eat pig rectums for cash prizes or see how much weight some fat asses can lose instead of maybe the most brilliant sit com ever. AD>Curb>Seinfeld
David Cross has something to say about that.
I really, really wish everyone could see the picture of Yorke and his date I have in my head right now. First of all, they both have on lab coats.
And goggles. Don't forget the goggles.Last night, after MeatFest '07: In the Flesh, I got pretty drunk with an AD watching buddy and threw on the first episode I had on my DVR. Thankfully, it was the episode with my favorite exchange of all time.Gob: Nothing works in this house. Michael: Tell me about it. Lindsay: Is that a shot at me? Gob: Probably.Lindsay: Because, for your information, I have a job.Michael: Really? What kind of job?Lindsay: Beads!Gob: Bees?!Lindsay: Beads.Gob: BEADS!?!?Michael: Gob's not on board.
It wasnt fox executives who killed this show they gave it alot of chances to work but they run a business. Its the TV viewing public who would rather watch dumbasses eat pig rectums for cash prizes or see how much weight some fat asses can lose instead of maybe the most brilliant sit com ever. AD>Curb>Seinfeld
I thought they put the show on hiatus because Jason Bateman had a serious illness and then because so much time was taken off they just decided to cancel it?
Lucille: When's the last time you went on a date?Michael: I just haven't met anybody who's not completely self-absorbed and impossible to have a conversation with.Lucille: If that's a veiled criticism about me, I won't hear it and I won't respond to it.
Last night I watched the pilot episode (which is fantastic) and this quote reminded me of the one above:Lucille Bluth: Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire.

Not only was the writing for the show superb, just look at all the comedic talent. I mean, David Cross, Will Arnett, Tony Hale, and Michael Cera. Also Jason Bateman was funny while playing the straight man and not desperately trying to be funny. Not to take anything away from the rest of the cast, but for me they were the most hilarious. Everytime Gob shows up on his segway it just kills me.arrested-development-segway.jpg

I bought all 3 seasons of Arrested Development for $29.99 total on Amazon the other day during one of those 1 day gold sales or whatever. The phrase "best xxxxx dollars I ever spent" gets thrown around a lot these days....I can unequivocally state that it is indeed warranted in this purchase however.

The really terrible thing is, that actually IS very close to the picture I had in my head, and I didn't even know that LLY's image in my head is based in large part on Professor Frink.I am a failure.
Mine's based more on Beaker. LLY strikes me as the poorly constructed type.
True Story: Until a few years ago, I could do a ****ing BADASS beaker. Don't know what happened, but one day I woke up and I couldn't do Beaker or Colossus from the X-Men arcade game. So sad...
The really terrible thing is, that actually IS very close to the picture I had in my head, and I didn't even know that LLY's image in my head is based in large part on Professor Frink.I am a failure.
I think visually I come across a lot less dorky that I really am. However, my mannerisms and what I say when I speak give it away pretty quickly (as does my general awkwardness).
I'm not really sure what this means. I'll take it as a compliment, though.

Also, to keep us on topic:Lindsay: Maybe if I win his daughter the crown, he'll give me a crown if you know what I mean.Michael: I'm guessing sex, but that's meeting you more than half way.

Gob: What is this feeling? Michael: You know, the feeling that you're feeling is just what many of us call... a "feeling". Gob: It's not like envy, or even hungry. Michael: Could it be love? Gob: I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite - it's like my heart is getting hard.

I just randomly watched the epsidoe where they try to frame Ira Gilligan (the accountant) for a stripper's murder at GOB's bachelor party. Some of the Ira lines are great.George: "Gilligan assures me the company money will be safe in I.R.A.s."Ira: "It's Ira, sir."George: "Oh, excuse me. Gilligan assures me the company money will be safe in Iras."

I'm now obsessed with Lucille.Lucille: I'll have the Ike and Tina tuna. Waitress: Plate or platter? Lucille: I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.Lucille: You tricked me. Michael: I deceived you, Mom. Trick makes it sound like we have a playful relationship. Lucille: Touché.

I'm now obsessed with Lucille.Lucille: I'll have the Ike and Tina tuna. Waitress: Plate or platter? Lucille: I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.Lucille: You tricked me. Michael: I deceived you, Mom. Trick makes it sound like we have a playful relationship. Lucille: Touché.
Her character is close to perfect. She's so consistent. The "I don't know and I don't care" bit is one of my favorite running gags.Lucille: Michael Moore confronted me on national television. Michael: First of all, that was not Michael Moore. That was a Michael Moore look-alike. And second it wasn't national television. It was for a bit, on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Lucille: I don't know what that is nor do I care to find out. And the way she treats her children is... just awesome.Michael: [At Police Station, on phone to Lucille] They're keeping me over night while I wait for my arraignment. I'd appreciate it if you could tell my son that I'm on a business trip. Lucille: Why can't the girl at work do it? Michael: Tobias? I sent him on a date with Kitty to keep her off our backs. Lucille: Well, you better hope Lindsay doesn't find out. She'll be devastated. Lindsay Funke: [Enters room] Find out what? Lucille: Your husband's dating Kitty, the whore. Lindsay Funke: He is? That's horrible. [Exits] Lucille: [to Michael] Do I know my daughter?Lindsay Funke: Did you enjoy your meal, Mom? You drank it fast enough. Lucille: Not as much as you enjoyed yours. You want the belt to buckle, not your chair. [server sets a dessert of Bananas Foster on fire] Lucille: You might want to let that fire go out before you stick your face in it. Lindsay Funke: That's funny, 'cause I was gonna say "You might wanna lean away from that fire since you're soaked in alcohol." Lucille: Mine was better. Lucille: I don't want to leave Buster alone with all the J-U-I-C-E. Buster: I can spell, Mother; you spelled juice. Lucille: What a genius. Let's see you find it. Lucille: If you're suggesting I play favorites, you're wrong. I love all of my children equally. Lucille: [earlier that day] I don't care for Gob. Lucille: She's trying to prove that she's closer to my children than I am, but the joke's on her, because she doesn't know how little I care for GOB. Michael: I think that makes the joke on GOB.