Here Is How I Rank The Ppl Teams

1. Team 6: "The Professionals"Co-Captain- Daniel NegreanuCo-Captain- Jennifer Harman6) Gabe Thaler11) Freddie Deeb22) David Chiu27) Nick Schulman38) Mike Matusow43) Evelyn Ng2.Team 3:Co-Captain- John JuandaCo-Captain- Erik Seidel3) Annie Duke14) Antonio Esfandiari19) Martin deKnijff30) John D'Agostino35) Mimi Tran46) Phil Gordon3.Team 4:Co-Captain- Barry GreensteinCo-Captain- Phil Ivey4) David Benyamine13) Vanessa Rousso20) Chad Brown29) Josh Arieh36) Tuan Le45) Mike Caro4.Team 5:Co-Captain- Chris FergusonCo-Captain- Ted Forrest5) Gus Hansen12) Phil Laak21) Joe Cassidy28) Jack Fox37) Clonie Gowen44) Paul Darden5.Team 8:Co-Captain- Doyle BrunsonCo-Captain- Todd Brunson8) Hoyt Corkins9) Isabelle Mercier24) Humberto Brenes25) Michael Gracz40) Chip Jett41) Tony Guoga6.Team 2:Co-Captain- Chip ReeseCo-Captain- Eli Elezra2) Patrick Antonious15) Kenna James18) Lee Watkinson31) Men Nguyen34) Esther Rossi47) David Williams7.Team 1:Co-Captain- T.J. CloutierCo-Captain- Dewey Tomko1) Chau Giang16) Danny Alaei17) Carlos Mortenson32) Linda Johnson33) Layne Flack48) Amir Vahedi8.Team 7:Co-Captain- Mike SextonCo-Captain- Cyndy Violette7) Scotty Nguyen10) Robert Williamson23) Michael Mizrachi26) Gavin Smith39) Jennifer Tilly42) Liz Lieu Being a well balanced team is much better than having three winning players and, say, five losing players. The better players on the team will be forced to make up for what the weaker players on the team lose. Similar to other sports. If you had three great forwards on a hockey team, but the rest of the team sucked, that team would lose to a team with ZERO superstars but a deeper team. Your only as good as your weakest link.

Sorry, had to do it...FYP! :club:
If you're going to be the grammar police, there should be an apostrophe.To keep this on topic, I really like the pick of Thaler. He a solid cash game player and should help the team a lot.Team 4 is good too, I agree with Nutz that they may be second best.

To rank the teams I believe you need to have a detailed description of the format and the scoring system.Anyone know where these details can be found?BTW I would agree with Daniels assessments of the top three teams despite not knowing the scoring system. (Hope its accumulative money).

7.Team 1:Co-Captain- T.J. CloutierCo-Captain- Dewey Tomko1) Chau Giang16) Danny Alaei17) Carlos Mortenson32) Linda Johnson33) Layne Flack48) Amir Vahedi Your only as good as your weakest link.
Wow, you place this team as number 7, second to last.I see alot of talent here; Alaei, Chau, Flack, Tomko.Do you really see Johnson, Mortenson, Vahedi and TJ as being that weak. Is it because they are so much more tournament players and their cash skills lack?Or is it because Tomko took you for a bunch on the golf course?Frankly we need to know.
Nick Schulman was a great pick. This kid owns, watched him a ton online shorthanded... hes sick. excelent choice
whats his name online?I initially chose team 4 to be the best with Daniel's team not far behind. I have to change my mind. If it was poker i think team 4 would be great but in a nl holdem cash game, Daniel and Jennifer will be terrific.
whats his name online?I initially chose team 4 to be the best with Daniel's team not far behind. I have to change my mind. If it was poker i think team 4 would be great but in a nl holdem cash game, Daniel and Jennifer will be terrific.
Poker and NL Hold Em are different how? NL HE is a variation of poker.
TheTakeover
Wow, you place this team as number 7, second to last.I see alot of talent here; Alaei, Chau, Flack, Tomko.Do you really see Johnson, Mortenson, Vahedi and TJ as being that weak. Is it because they are so much more tournament players and their cash skills lack?Or is it because Tomko took you for a bunch on the golf course?Frankly we need to know.
Alaei is the stud on this team and Chau will help him as well. Aside from that, many of those players could be a cash game nightmare. The type of player you want for this format is a player who excels in cash game poker. You have a group of good tournament players here that could potentially do very, very, poorly in this format. Some of the talent you see is... well, nevermind.

Team 7:Co-Captain- Mike SextonCo-Captain- Cyndy Violette7) Scotty Nguyen10) Robert Williamson23) Michael Mizrachi26) Gavin Smith39) Jennifer Tilly42) Liz Lieu Fair to say this team is stacked ?

Alaei is the stud on this team and Chau will help him as well. Aside from that, many of those players could be a cash game nightmare. The type of player you want for this format is a player who excels in cash game poker. You have a group of good tournament players here that could potentially do very, very, poorly in this format. Some of the talent you see is... well, nevermind.
I guess Daniel's backing of Layne Flack didn't go too well.Seriously though, this group might have the best overall NL Holdem tourney talent with Cloutier, Mortensen, Flack, Tomko and Vahedi, but other than Alaei, I'm not sure if there are any good NL cash game players. Chau obviously is a great cash game player as well, but I don't know how good he is at NL HE.
I guess Daniel's backing of Layne Flack didn't go too well.Seriously though, this group might have the best overall NL Holdem tourney talent with Cloutier, Mortensen, Flack, Tomko and Vahedi, but other than Alaei, I'm not sure if there are any good NL cash game players. Chau obviously is a great cash game player as well, but I don't know how good he is at NL HE.
I read that Tomko used to crush the cash game, bought a golf course with the winnings one year, now he gambles it up on the greens.Who's Your Caddy was the book.
Besides Daniel's team, does anyone know the names of the other teams?
2nd place3rd place...
Can somebody please recap why cash game players are favored in this thing?
Please?A link to the format would be appreciated... I assume it's tournement format with a slow structure? Or what?
Team 7:Co-Captain- Mike SextonCo-Captain- Cyndy Violette7) Scotty Nguyen10) Robert Williamson23) Michael Mizrachi26) Gavin Smith39) Jennifer Tilly42) Liz Lieu Fair to say this team is stacked ?
although jen tilly is obviously overrated due to the amount of publicity she gets ive heard liz lieu is actually a very solid cash game pro