I'd like to see the recent Main Event champions against the top players in the game play for big money (bar Raymer, cause he can play). See if they are skilled or just plain flukes
and hachem. the guy is no fluke.oh and boston is rad, you just dont know it."MORE THAN A FEELING!!!!!! WHEN I HEAR THAT OLD SONG THEY USED TO PLAY!!!!!!"freakin awsome song.
it doesn't air here in Canada
WRONGHigh Stakes Poker is on Monday night's at 9pm on GameShowNetwork (GSN) and almost every cable/satellite provider carries that digital channel.Or watch it online.
anyone know if HSP is coming to DVD or if it already is ?it doesn't air here in Canada
I just DL it from ThePokerBay, it might be unethical to be stealing from cable, but to watch millionaires throw that much money around makes it seem alright.
Jessica Alba.
Yes, I agree. She could join the coktail waitresses :club:

I'd say the same players just as long as Matusow, Hellmuth, and DN are on the show. I love the trash talking especially when bad beats are taken by MM and PH like it's their job.

also to see something other that NL holdem.i wouldnt mind seeing some games that i play with success like limit holdem, omaha 8/b, razz. something a bit more exciting than NL holdem. not that NL holdem isnt exciting, its just very dry after a while.

What? That the stakes are too small? Reece plays 4k/8k and bigger.
First of all, wow.Second, there is no regular bigger game, anywhere. If you know of one, by all means share it with us. Third, the regular game at the bellagio is 4k-8k for limit games. A "large" short handed limit pot of say 12 BB is prety similar in size to larger pots played for on HSP, with one exception. HSP no-limit is not capped. The bellagio 4k-8k game also mixes in no-limit variations of hold em, triple draw, etc. with a 100k cap. Several times on HSP people had more than 100k in a pot, making the game similar in size, if not arguably bigger in some regards, than the bellagio game - Chip's main game.My guess is more along the lines of chip and phil both being relatively private people when compared the to pros who played the first few seasons - most of whom are fairly active self-promoters and have a much easier time being in the spotlight. Chip's preferred game is also stud and the variants thereof. Whatever personal reasons they have for not playing in this game, I can guarantee it's not that the stakes are too low.
I can guarantee it's not that the stakes are too low.
Most of the HSP pots weren't that big. I guarantee he would make a lot more playing a high stakes limit game than a NL game. NL also isn't one of Reece's strong points, so I am sure that is another reason why he doesn't play. When you're playing 4k/8k and have a decent 20BB win that would be 160,000. How many guys won 160,000 on HSP?

I believe 3 players over the course of season 2 won in excess of 150k. However, since the show isn't necessarily chronologically accurate, and not all of the hands are shown, noone can be sure. Do you really think a +20 BB night is a nightly occurance for anyone though, especially playing against the *best in the world*? Also, most limit pots aren't huge, especially short handed. Do a quick scan of short handed limit games at mid-high stakes online. The average pot is between 3-7 BB (24-56k in the "big game" IF they're playing 4-8... note from daniel's blogs that the big game is often played at 3-6k depending on who is playing). This is a very similar range to what you saw on high stakes poker.

yes they do, i just cant remember the exact amounti think its $1200/hr
1250 an hour i think
lol. the hoff really is doesnt have a clue
"Shaun Shenikan is an idiot, and he's going to lose all his money" -Todd Brunsonthat was hillarious
shieky: i hate when im playing badtodd: you must be miserable all the time then.lol gold moment.
LOL todd brunson really hates sheikyi wonder why, he seems to be ok with the rest of the people in the game
Sheiky genearlly is a **** head and I guess Todd is the only guy there that shoves the crap right back in his face.