Wsop Tonight! F C P 'r On T.v. !

Obviously, we needed more Mark Swartz coverage. He was hands down the best looking guy at the table. I loved Norman Chad's comment about Mark being the only 'naked' player at the table. I did see myself (and the rest of our crew) clearly at least 3 times though. Maybe your HD is triflin'? I didn't like the end when the kid in the horizontal striped shirt hugged Cantu. This is mostly because that kid was the most annoying guy in the crowd the entire time. After seeing this episode, it's a little more clear to me why they are friends. Cantu definitely didn't insta-call there with the 10's and I thought that was the biggest travesty of the editing. They show him flip the tens instantly and make that ridiculous comment. The truth is, he thought long and hard about folding the hand. I thought Mark Ly came out looking good too, which I was very happy about. He was a really nice guy and the crew of guys that were with him were great too. They really added to my enjoyment of watching someone play a poker tournament over the course of a couple days.
Is this on youtube yet? I missed the showing on TV...? Any links??
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw this come on and didn't recognize anyone at the table except Carlos so I didn't watch for more the ten minutes. I wish I would have seen this thread to watch one of our own. Anyway, congrats on making the FT Mark.

Mark, You'd man!I don't think I'd have had the stones to push there. You had the read, experience and guts to do it. I think Cantu was ready to go to battle no matter what but that's hind site.You were aggressive, put him to the test. A play like this is great when it works but looks funny when it doesn't. I am sure you can handle it as I you've got to be a strong player to even get that far.Good luck in the future and you might think about some highlights in your hair LOL!!!

So what hand did Mark push with against Cantu's 10/10? Is this on youtube yet so I can watch? Links? Thanks in advance.
Mark KJo raise.Cantu 1010 reraiseMark PushCantu CallDoesn't improve gg mark. The details are in the chip stacks. Cantu was the big Stack Mark was near the top (3 or 4 if I remember right). It was a big bet for Cantu to call.
Hey...congrats on your appearance and the cash. I am always happy to see fcper's do well.Two things:I hate your shove. (I was not there, and I didn't have a feel for how that ft was going. So your shove might have been correct based on your reads. I defer to you. GG)How was it playing with Mortensen? Talk a little about the other players at that FT.
My shove is easy to hate there for sure. I waver a lot on it. Brandon and I had a lot of history. I was really pounding him the previous day, so that, plus his stubborn tendancies, plus his knowledge that I raise with any two cards in that spot makes his reraising range very large. All of the drama of the hand was edited out, but I took a while before shoving. I could tell he was nervous as hell. He did NOT want to be called there. He hated to race, as you could see as the hand unfolded. He was never comfortable. I put him on a middle pair, and decided to take him off of it by shoving. Again, you don't see this on TV, but he almost folded like 3 times before finally deciding he couldn't call because he had so much money in the pot. (which I disagree with there, but thats just me).In the end though, I was really controlling the table and didn't need to make that play to win. I played about 30%+ of my hands at that table, and in the 5 hours I was there, I showed my cards 2 times. Both times I lost monster pots where I was 50/50. The table was very weak, so I could have folded and just picked a better spot.I really didn't see Carlos do his Carlos thing much. There is probably more detail about him in the 'day 2' section of the posts I made here about the event. (There is a link I posted somewhere at the beginning of this thread). But he had a huge chip lead and was ultra aggressive, then donked it off, and just played tight solid poker. With 10 players to go, he folded till he had aces, shoved, and doubled through QQ to make the final table. Then at the final table, he played only 3 hands total. All 3 of which he was in a race situation, and all 3 of which he lost. Everyone else at the other table was weak/tight except for Brandon and Mark Ly. I'm really surprised at Mark Ly's laydown of AQ in that one hand, as I and everyone else instacalls there, especially on Brandon. Mark Ly had made some sick moves against me like shoving in on the turn with middle pair and a flush draw when I was in the process of reraising him with air. So don't judge him just by that hand he donkey'd up against Brandon. Everyone else at the final table was super nice, but weak/tight as can be.Mark
Mark, You'd man!I don't think I'd have had the stones to push there. You had the read, experience and guts to do it. I think Cantu was ready to go to battle no matter what but that's hind site.
He really wasn't. He HATED to risk all his chips. He liked to be the aggressor, but always backed down when I put him to the test. I know it doesn't show in their editing of the hand, but he was much closer to folding than calling for 2 or 3 minutes that he thought about it. Finally he just justified the call on pot odds and went for it.Thanks though Ron, I appreciate the good wishes. Was hard reliving it all again last night. I soooo wanted that bracelet.
Mark KJo raise.Cantu 1010 reraiseMark PushCantu CallDoesn't improve gg mark. The details are in the chip stacks. Cantu was the big Stack Mark was near the top (3 or 4 if I remember right). It was a big bet for Cantu to call.
I think I was second at that point actually, at worst 3rd. He had 900K, I had about 750K. I raised to 70, he reraised to 250, I shove, pot is 1M, he has to call off 500K more of his remaining 650K.Mark
He really wasn't. He HATED to risk all his chips. He liked to be the aggressor, but always backed down when I put him to the test. I know it doesn't show in their editing of the hand, but he was much closer to folding than calling for 2 or 3 minutes that he thought about it. Finally he just justified the call on pot odds and went for it.I think I was second at that point actually, at worst 3rd. He had 900K, I had about 750K. I raised to 70, he reraised to 250, I shove, pot is 1M, he has to call off 500K more of his remaining 650K.Mark
Now that I think about it I think you were second. Like I said yesterday, ESPN does the editing to create drama that wasn't there and remove some of the drama that was there for their own drama. You were there, you had the read and I'll say it again....You are very talented to make it that far. Keep up the good work!

WTF!? People are saying bad push? Mark made a great push. He put him on a middle pair 77-10/10 and Cantu should've folded the 10/10. And when Cantu donk called, he still had to win the race. I don't like Cantu's call in that spot. 4 to 1 dog is not fun. NH sir.

They aren't going to show event #1 on tv are they? I sure hope not, the last thing I need immortalized is coming in for day 2 and pushing all in w/ k9off on the first hand and busting out. ( Much less remembering that I made an extra $2k because they didn't go hand-for hand and the other table's dealer got out 3 hands before ours was finished)

rizen = weak/tight?!!?!?!?!?!??!oh the drama- Jordan
No worries Jordan. I've played against Rizen enough to know he isn't weak. He was in the other episode on last night, not mine.The Matador was at my table but he busted first. After that it was weak/tightland. I am not kidding that I went from 8th to 2nd in under 2 orbits, never showing a hand.M
Hey Mark, congrats on the FT. Why no FCP gear?
Thanks Billy. Before the WSOP I only hung out in Strat and never read general, so I didn't know about the FCP gear thing until about 8 hours before the FT started. Even so though, I was happy to wear the nice shirt I brought just for the Chance I made it to the end. I turned down a few offers of $10K to wear gear. I liked being naked, as Norman Chad called me.Mark

I played in this event and ended busting in true bad beat style when i got my money all in with AJ on a Jack high flop. I got called by 88 and the turn brought another 8. Oh well! I did watch the final table live and if u listen closely that is me WOOOOOOing in the backround of every pot. BTY pushing with KJ there was a horrid play man. Total bone head move when ur playing for a bracelet. In the end the best man won.DOS

I played in this event and ended busting in true bad beat style when i got my money all in with AJ on a Jack high flop. I got called by 88 and the turn brought another 8. Oh well! I did watch the final table live and if u listen closely that is me WOOOOOOing in the backround of every pot. BTY pushing with KJ there was a horrid play man. Total bone head move when ur playing for a bracelet.
Meh, I don't disagree. I'm ok with the play and can justify it for a number of reasons, mostly because I WAS playing to win the bracelet, not just trying to move up the ladder. But its also pretty easy to justify a fold there as well, and MANY people feel my play was horrible. You tell me, if you were pretty sure he had a pair less than your KJ there, what would YOU do? I'm kind of an aggrodonk. I force people to fold or play for their life if I think there's a good chance they will fold. I can promise you, that he almost folded. If you were there, you know. He took forever to call, and hated making that call.
In the end the best man won.DOS
Now that I can't agree with. The best man busted out first. (that being Carlos)Cantu was definitely in the top 4 at the table, and you could easily say he was the second best there, although I have too big of an ego to go that far. He did get really lucky on a couple of bluffs that weren't called, where he really should have been crippled. But he was aggressive and solid, and I don't begrudge him at all. He came off kind of like a jerkoff on TV, but going into the final table I thought he was my biggest competition other than Carlos.Mark

Incredible play.Daniel, Steve 7, Harry D...they (as well as many others) have all at one time or another stated that you go big or go home in a tourney.Your read was SICK and, going with what you were pretty sure he had and obviously what you had....a push is perfect. I loved it. Not that it matters but I would have doen the same thing. Daniel has also said that what makes most of the best World class players World class, is fearlessness.You have that my friend.Congrats once again.and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONKEY! :club:

On TV Tuesday, Birthday Thursday...now all you need to do is pwn a few online poker games and you can call it a complete week!Happy Birthday!