How To Save Online Poker

Not from Michigan, nor can you from California"Sneaky, underhanded trickery"?Give me a break. Take a political Science course and come back when you have an understanding of the process.
You're right, I should have written, "if you are able to vote against Bill Frist, do so."Thanks for pointing that out.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•Neteller and Firepay are probably fine for now. Even if they aren't, your bank can't control where you send a money order to.•You haven't been able to make a cc deposit to many sites already.•Party and Pokerstars balking is because they're worried about their stock and the high profiles of their owners. There will be many, many sites that won't shut down to American players until they're made to.Don't freak out yet. Keep a wary eye, but keep making your money.
QFT, the voice of reason.btw I don't know if any of you heard, but this year because of the high number of voters expected to turnout, they have decide to have two election days.Tuesday will be voting day for RepublicansWednesday for be voting day for DemocratsHope this public service announcement helps so we all get to enjoy a successful election day!
Let me think......my right to arm and protect myself......my right not to be taxed to death......my right/personal responsibility to support myself......my right to fire/hire whomever I want as an employer...
You just destroyed your entire argument. This law is absolutely an infringement on our "personal responsibility". If the Republicans actually meant that then they would let us decide for ourselves if we want to participate in on-line gambling. They don't believe it, and therefore they won't let us make that decision for ourselves.Also, the "right not to be taxed to death"? Are you referring to that whopping $300 tax credit I got a couple years back? All the while as our national debt skyrockets? Yeah, there's a trade off. But we shouldn't worry, our gradchildren will figure out a way to pay off the debt, right? And the most hypocritical thing about it is the government trying to make credit card companies double our minimum payments so that people won't run up too much debt on their credit cards. It would be fvcking hilarious if it wasn't so disheartening!
Tuesday will be voting day for RepublicansWednesday for be voting day for Democrats
I think you got your days mixed up!It's Tuesday for Democrats, Wednsday for Republicans!LOL! Believe it or not, this trick has actually worked to some extent for the Republicans in the past!NOTE: VOTING DAY IS TUESDAY FOR EVERYONE!
<<SNIP>>If people have heartburn over voting Democrat, at least vote against Bill Frist. You can at least do that, can't you?
I think Frist is not running again. Something about a self imposed term limit. I think the next time you see him run he will be running for a different office.
people vote on whats important to them Mate...go f a kangaroo or take a picture of an aborigine or just go drink a Fosters and calm down.
what is important to him should be how the ENTIRE country is ran, not just a small part of it. go vote in a poker poll.as for the aborogine, not too many of them any more, f a roo, not too many of them either :club: and fosters, go fosters!

I voted Libertarian in the last presidential election. If anybody had actually taken the time to look at what Michael Badnarik had to say, a lot of other people would have done the same. Instead, they just do exactly what their party leaders told them to do, or what the media told them to do and voted Red or Blue. I don't give a rat's *** when people tell me that I flushed my vote down the toilet, or that I'm a nutjob for voting 3rd party. I voted for the candidate that I thought would do the best job. I have heard countless people saying that they voted AGAINST Bush, or AGAINST Kerry. I say that THEY are the ones that flushed their vote down the toilet because they didn't vote for the candidate that they thought would do the best job...they just voted against the one that they thought would do slightly worse.And before you go railing against my attack on the media above, let me ask you something. If a candidate for President of the United States was arrested during the campaign, do you think you would have heard about it? Well, Badnarik and the Green Party candidate, David Cobb, were arrested outside of the St. Louis Presidential Debate because they tried to serve a Order to Show Cause that those two candidates were excluded from the debate. This news didn't exactly make it into the nightly news or the newspapers the next morning because, who cares? They were just candidates to lead our country.

diamondhead Today, 9:10 AM Post #13 Poker Forum RegularGroup: MembersPosts: 220Joined: February 14th, 2005From: CyberWorldMember No.: 3,382 Can the Republicans do worse even if they tried?? Control all 3 branches and this is the best they can do for our country???Our country is going to....oh well read the news.--------------------It puts the lotion in the basket.
anyone else find this quote creepy?
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_...class=PokerNewshttp://www.pocketfives.com/2007ECCD-5D88-4...F4F54712E4.aspx"... “The future of Neteller and Firepay, both offshore companies, remains to be seen.” Jay Bailey, Membership Director of the NROG claimed,..
I cannot see why the future of these organizations is at risk. Perhaps a large part of their profits are but not all of them.They are service companies and they will continue to service Canadians and other non-US countiries. Sure the US business was huge for them but I doubt they will cut off their nose to spite their faces by denying themselves other profit just because they cannot have the US profit.
I voted Libertarian in the last presidential election. If anybody had actually taken the time to look at what Michael Badnarik had to say, a lot of other people would have done the same. Instead, they just do exactly what their party leaders told them to do, or what the media told them to do and voted Red or Blue. I don't give a rat's *** when people tell me that I flushed my vote down the toilet, or that I'm a nutjob for voting 3rd party. I voted for the candidate that I thought would do the best job. I have heard countless people saying that they voted AGAINST Bush, or AGAINST Kerry. I say that THEY are the ones that flushed their vote down the toilet because they didn't vote for the candidate that they thought would do the best job...they just voted against the one that they thought would do slightly worse.And before you go railing against my attack on the media above, let me ask you something. If a candidate for President of the United States was arrested during the campaign, do you think you would have heard about it? Well, Badnarik and the Green Party candidate, David Cobb, were arrested outside of the St. Louis Presidential Debate because they tried to serve a Order to Show Cause that those two candidates were excluded from the debate. This news didn't exactly make it into the nightly news or the newspapers the next morning because, who cares? They were just candidates to lead our country.
I did exactly the same thing. Bdnarik was clearly the best choice (IMO), and the Libertarian party overall.
I think you got your days mixed up!It's Tuesday for Democrats, Wednsday for Republicans!LOL! Believe it or not, this trick has actually worked to some extent for the Republicans in the past!NOTE: VOTING DAY IS TUESDAY FOR EVERYONE!
It only worked because Democrats are dumb enough to believe it..Just kidding, trying to have a little fun here. Of course the voting day for Democrats and Republicans is Tuesday.For the rest of you: you are throwing away your vote anyway so vote whenever you want. Nobody on either side takes this as a message.btw do you still vote against the Republican if you live in a state where your democratic congressman voted for this bill? 117ish voted for it.
...do you still vote against the Republican if you live in a state where your democratic congressman voted for this bill? 117ish voted for it.
Actually, I believe the vote was almost unanimous (only two voted against it). They were voting for a port security bill that HAD TO PASS. Republican Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist stapled the online gambling ban to it in the wee hours of the morning. Democrats that opposed the ban were not allowed to debate it.So, yes, vote against all Republicans.If you don't want to vote for a democrat that voted for the original House bill, then don't. Just vote for a 3rd party.
How bout organizing a million man march and walk straight down Pennsylvania Ave??If this is still America then we have the right to protest, unless they took that away with the Port Security Bill as well. :club:
If someone with the reach could organize a march (like the million man march) for anyone opposed to the governments restriction of our rights, I'd be there to march. I'm tired of living in a country where we pretend to have freedom. Yes, America is great, but it could be so much better if the government would get the hell out of our lives.
Actually, I believe the vote was almost unanimous (only two voted against it). They were voting for a port security bill that HAD TO PASS. Republican Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist stapled the online gambling ban to it in the wee hours of the morning. Democrats that opposed the ban were not allowed to debate it.
You do know that most things passed by congress are done so by tacking them onto another bill that 'has' to pass right? It's not like this is something that's hardly ever done.

What did you people expect? Online gambling in it's current form is only good for the people who own the sites and the people who are inside of the elite groups of insiders.Should or when the DOJ does go through the records/software of the gaming companies my guess "there will be hundreds of arrest warrants issued, there will be hundreds of people who get murdered". Online gaming only has it's self to blame for being greedy, corrupt and unable to police itself. Its really to bad I enjoyed playing online from time to time...

If someone with the reach could organize a march (like the million man march) for anyone opposed to the governments restriction of our rights, I'd be there to march. I'm tired of living in a country where we pretend to have freedom. Yes, America is great, but it could be so much better if the government would get the hell out of our lives.
Vote Libertarian! We need to spread the word!

Frankly folks you represent a very slim portion of the US population who actually cares about playing poker and other games on-line for real cash. In fact in my opinion I don't think that over proliferation and under-regulation of gambling is a good thing. Personally the accessibility and under-regulation of on-line gambling is fun, but not always good. I am more excited about the recent Civil protection, no retreat, and other self protection laws recently enacted here in Michigan by Republicans.

on-line gambling is fun, but not always good.
I can't think of a single fun activity in the world to which this same statement does not apply.

I sent an e-mail, called and faxed the following letter to comments@whitehouse.gov :I am a 41 year old American citizen, an 11 year U.S. Navy veteran and a recreational on-line poker player. I work over 40 hours every week in a computer shop for my check . Who in the hell do you think you are to decide where and how I can spend my money. Passage of this bill is imbecilic and monarchist. What happened to the freedoms this country was based upon? What is next, I cannot play cards in my house? I have to watch movies the Government allows? What happened to freedom of CHOICE??? The government decides "Coke is it" and I cannot buy Pepsi? This is unacceptable!! H R 4411 is designed to decide where, when and for what I can use my credit card. This is WRONG!!!! I will find out who voted to pass this ridiculous idea and do everything in my power to ensure they are voted out on their next term. Thomas Dyer904-814-7705tom@cdcaug.comMake a scene and be seen!!! HR 4411 Voting talliesHR 4411 Text version of the bill

I'm no expert on bills and such, but since the gambling issue was tacked onto another bill, couldn't Bush use his line-item-veto power to strike it down? Not that he would (as he's the biggest offender of stealing our civil liberties) but could he?

I'm no expert on bills and such, but since the gambling issue was tacked onto another bill, couldn't Bush use his line-item-veto power to strike it down? Not that he would (as he's the biggest offender of stealing our civil liberties) but could he?
There is no Presidential Line Item Veto...According to Wikipedia: "On June 22, 2006, the United States House of Representatives passed a bill (H.R. 4890) that would call for a six-year line-item veto to cut down on the "pork barrel spending" associated with Congressional lawmaking. The bill stopped short of granting a full line-item veto like the one passed in the 1990s, and instead allows the President to send a bill back to Congress within 45 days for another vote to affirm rider bills. The bill passed 247-172 in the Republican-controlled House. The bill has yet to be considered in the Senate"...and how EXACTLY has President Bush been "Stealing our civil liberties"?Folks. Get a grip. Gambling is and has been strictly regulated and controlled in this country - this is nothing new. On-line gambling is an "end around" on the rights of the States and US Government to limit or control that activity. You act as if you have a God given right to gamble whenever and wherever you please. News flash: You Don't. Bush and the current Republican administraton didn't invent this. Certain activities are subject to government control. Get used to it. You can't execute a cash transaction for over $9,000 with out filing FEDERAL paperwork. You can't just buy a vehicle and put it on any road. You can't drive without a license and insurance......and now you can't execute electronic cash transactions for gambling on-line through a US Bank.

You can't execute a cash transaction for over $9,000 with out filing FEDERAL paperwork. You can't just buy a vehicle and put it on any road. You can't drive without a license and insurance...Actually, I can do all of those things at will. I would be subject to penalties if discovered, but, I certainly could do them.