new hand names, your names!!!!

We got bored and made animal names for pocket pairsAA-UnicornsKK-SharksQQ-BeaversJJ-Rhinos1010-Otters99-Panthers88-Owls77-Llamas66-Kangaroos55-Bobcats44-Frogs33-Penguins22-DolphinsSure its dumb, but...

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 8- Legal (18)A 6-Driver's License (16)K J-Ken Jennings, John KennedyJ J- Jenna Jamison J 8- Ejaculate 10 4- Roger- (Roger that)6 9- Kama Sutra 4 9- Gold Rush8 8- Snow men, Dog Balls 7 7- Slot Machine 5 7- Ketchup 6 5- Retirement 4 5- Dirty Harry 3 4- Baby Shaq2 3- Jordan 3 4- Sweetness

Q-10: Gus Hansen hand. Knocking out Freddie Deeb with his AK, and knocking out the Magician's 77.J-K: Just Kidding.If JJ is Jenna Jameson, the KK would be Kira Kerner and KT would be Kobe Tai. LOL :D

Pocket 10's. My friends and i call them pocket binary. It works in so many ways...1s and 0s are used in binary, and 1010 is the #10 in binary code.I thought it was coolWhen you turn them over tell people you have the "pocket binary." It scares them into thinking you are some kind of math wizard.
If memory serves 1010 in binary would 101 and translate into 4. Binary goes something like 1,2,3,6,10, 17, 27, etc...I don't see how you would get ten out of 1010 when 00001 would be ten.I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
I know this has already been corrected, and I don't want this to sound like a flame -- but I am REALLY curious where you got the idea that this was how binary works, and why you doubted that you were wrong? As a binary/math/engineering/programming geek, I can assure you that you most definitely ARE wrong, but usually when somebody makes a mistake like this I can see some kind of mathematical reasoning behind the mistake -- in this case, it looks like a bunch of random numbers!If this was a joke, then it's a hilarious one (although too subtle for me, apparently). If it's not a joke, then sir, you have piqued my curiosity.

In our home games, these are a few of our hand names (ones that havent been mentioned already, at least.)95 the workday83 the schoolday (at least here it is)84 George Orwell88 SnowmenJ8 Jack Frost45 Atomic Bomb (thats when it was dropped)JJ Spindoctors (they had a song called "2 Princes", and I have no idea what a Jack actually is, but I think its something like a prince.)There are a few more, but they are all derived from inside jokes, so I wont waste anyone's time by posting them.PHOENIX!!!

Thirty One, Where did you find that horrible picture of Uma Thurman??? That is awful. That hockey player from Canada is going to be censored.
Not sure if you're serious or not... but Owen Wilson does have a nice arse... :? I need to go to New York and hang with Kramer... he got Uma's number. Anybody know the name of the theatre he was at when he got it?Call me Uma.mp
Thirty One, Where did you find that horrible picture of Uma Thurman??? That is awful. That hockey player from Canada is going to be censored.
Not sure if you're serious or not... but Owen Wilson does have a nice arse... :? I need to go to New York and hang with Kramer... he got Uma's number. Anybody know the name of the theatre he was at when he got it?Call me Uma.mp
lol. Of course I wasn't serious. I just wanted to see how long it would take for forum members to admit that "JFarrell the Jerk" made them laugh. I don't think I've ever fought with you on here Johnny, so not surprisingly, you are the first one to even notice or pretend to notice the post.It's funny how nobody is man enough to admit that I'm funny just because they don't like me/my poker strategy. I will continue to be funny though, as that is what I love to do best.

:shock: I play 6 or 7 nights a week in a tournament poker league that plays at multiple restaurants and sports bars in the Tidewater VA area. One Friday night where everyone seemed to be more drunk than normal one of the girls and I were talking about names we like to come up with for certain hands. A new one that she and I came up with:6-9 - BIG LICKNow everyone is using that name for that hand. I will be sitting at a table playing with someone I have never even seen before and after a hand is over they will say: "I had BIG LICK."I then have to tell then that I helped come up with that name. Amazing how it has caught on.

we use pocket pairs as jersey numbers too....but not hockey.22 - emmitt smith (its a winner early, but tapers off...)33 - scottie pippen (usually the 2nd best hand preflop, the way pippen was 2nd to jordan)44 - Hammerin' Hank (home run king Hank Aaron, no explanation)55 - sammy hagar 10-2 - we call this doyle as well7-2o - date rapeJK - Jake and the Fatmanthe rest we use are pretty standard, motwon, rockets, cowboys, sigfried & roy, etc.

99 is Gretzky88 is Lindros77 is Coffee66 is Lemieux55 is Jovo44 is BertuziDo you think I like hockey? Eh!
I call a 44 the "Bobby Orr's"And a 33 is "the Zs" (for Zarley Zalapski)88 is snowman to me, cause I hate Lindros.We call 22 the "morrison rockets" cause a player here with that last name said "i had the rockets" and turned over 22. We were all like "WHAAAAT?" so we named them after him.We also call 5 T the "Jimmy Mac" after a guy that said it was his favorite hand.
Pocket 10's. My friends and i call them pocket binary. It works in so many ways...1s and 0s are used in binary, and 1010 is the #10 in binary code.I thought it was coolWhen you turn them over tell people you have the "pocket binary." It scares them into thinking you are some kind of math wizard.
If memory serves 1010 in binary would 101 and translate into 4. Binary goes something like 1,2,3,6,10, 17, 27, etc...I don't see how you would get ten out of 1010 when 00001 would be ten.I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
I know this has already been corrected, and I don't want this to sound like a flame -- but I am REALLY curious where you got the idea that this was how binary works, and why you doubted that you were wrong? As a binary/math/engineering/programming geek, I can assure you that you most definitely ARE wrong, but usually when somebody makes a mistake like this I can see some kind of mathematical reasoning behind the mistake -- in this case, it looks like a bunch of random numbers!If this was a joke, then it's a hilarious one (although too subtle for me, apparently). If it's not a joke, then sir, you have piqued my curiosity.
I actually messed up my numbers. Its been a long time since I've heard anything about binary.What I meant was the numbers were 1,2,4,7,12,20 and so on.If I'm wrong then I'm pretty sure there is another system that uses this, but I was taught that how this works is it goesn on like that to make any number.Examples:1=12=013= 114=0015=10110= 1101I did a little googling and could only find text to binary converters but when I typed in 10 it gave me something completey different then what either of us has said would be ten.I'm trying to get ahold of a couple math geeks I know but can't just to see what they have to say and if they know what system this is if its not binary.If you say 1010 is ten, please explain.
:shock: I play 6 or 7 nights a week in a tournament poker league that plays at multiple restaurants and sports bars in the Tidewater VA area. One Friday night where everyone seemed to be more drunk than normal one of the girls and I were talking about names we like to come up with for certain hands. A new one that she and I came up with:6-9 - BIG LICKNow everyone is using that name for that hand. I will be sitting at a table playing with someone I have never even seen before and after a hand is over they will say: "I had BIG LICK."I then have to tell then that I helped come up with that name. Amazing how it has caught on.
DUDE, DO YOU REALLY THINK NOONE ELSE CAME UPW ITH THIS???anyone with half a brain could think of this one, and has been around for some time.
I actually messed up my numbers. Its been a long time since I've heard anything about binary.What I meant was the numbers were 1,2,4,7,12,20 and so on.If I'm wrong then I'm pretty sure there is another system that uses this, but I was taught that how this works is it goesn on like that to make any number.Examples:1=12=013= 114=0015=10110= 1101I did a little googling and could only find text to binary converters but when I typed in 10 it gave me something completey different then what either of us has said would be ten.I'm trying to get ahold of a couple math geeks I know but can't just to see what they have to say and if they know what system this is if its not binary.If you say 1010 is ten, please explain.
OK, here goes a basic lesson in binary. :-)In binary, each digit can only have one value. (Decimal, which is what you would call standard numbers, has ten digits, 0-9; binary has only 0 and 1). A binary number is constructed exactly like a decimal number; in decimal, you have ones, tens, hundreds, etc, but in binary, it's ones, twos, fours, eights, sixteens, and so forth. With ten different digits, each new "place" has to be ten times as large as the last; in binary, with only two digits, the same rules applies, hence the 1,2,4,8,16,32... system. To convert a binary number into decimal, you need to read the places in order and multiply them by the appropriate number and add them up. Taking our example of 1010: (1x8)+(0x4)+(1x2)+(0x1) = 10. The same rules applies in decimal, of course -- you may have seen something like 932 = (9x100)+(3x10)+(2x1). Same principle. I hope this clears things up a bit -- if you're REALLY interested, I can tell you some other fun things you can do with binary (like counting up to 1023 using only the fingers on both hands -- never show somebody 132, though!)Yes, I realize that I've now proven myself to be a math geek, especially with the 132 joke. It was going to come out sooner or later anyway.Cheers.

Jack Sikma is not dead.The 7-foot, three-point shooting wonder who spent his best years in a Milwaukee Bucks uniform is alive and well.I met him last year. He's an assistant coach for the Seattle Supersonics.Have a Supersonic Easter.

J4 = " Fry Michael" bc after the trial it will be the Jackson 4KQ = " Internet Nuts" Q 10 = "new internet nuts" these are hands people will not fold onlineAhAd = "Cincinati Reds"J9 = "I'd like to be in there" Howard Lederer said this after he had to fold it in TOC10 7 = "the negraneu"JJ = "hooks"QQ = "Lady Friends"KK = "The boys are back in town"33 = "Pocket set"just a few

This is what I got from a very smart, very geeky guy I know. He's a programer so I'm pretty confident in what he says, and here it is.my geek: 1010 would be.. well.. ok, 1, 10, 11, 100, 101, 110, 111, 0001, 0010, 0100, 1000, 1001, 1010My geek: 12My geek: and 10 would be 1000so thats what I got, still not sure what I'm thinkin actually is since it isn't binary.

this is my first reply on this siteAnd my original name for a hand which my mates use is the Fat Joe hand named after the american rapper. Queen-Jack after his recent song Lean back. Can't think of any more original ones.

9-3 : Montana banana (still have never heard why it's called that)I believe the Montana banana is a 9-2...and its because Proposition 92 is the law that legalized poker in Montana. At least, thats what the locals at the Crystal Club Card room in Billings, Montana told me back in 95'.