I'm debating whether or not it's a good idea to even watch the show each week, or wait till it's all done and watch it on Tivo. It's frustrating watching one episode at a time.
Look at it like this:What's more torturous, wathcing one episode per week or watching no episodes until May or so?Sign me up for every Monday this season, please.
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm debating whether or not it's a good idea to even watch the show each week, or wait till it's all done and watch it on Tivo. It's frustrating watching one episode at a time.
I can't help but watch it every monday. Then I re-watch it on Friday to try and pick up subtleties. I'm officially and unrepentantly addicted to this show.

I was actually contemplating waiting till season one ends and watch the whole season, or maybe wait three weeks and then watch the three episodes. But this show is my drug I need my fix!! I'm probably gonna download the whole season and re-run them.-I can't wait till there are more encounters between the "Heroes".

It is on the Ali Larter character as well of course. I think it is some sort of imprint left on them after the creepy black guy has "hollowed" them out.I now have no idea where they are going with Claire's dad. The radiation guy was quite interesting. I want to see more of Syler and Suresh.....there is so much more there. This show is completely addicting....when did TV get so damn good!
Different marks...Nikki has the 1/2 helix on her and only when she turns into her evil alter ego. The radiation guy and the cop have what looks like a small equal sign on them.
You know the Senor Wences thing? You make a fist and use the thumb as part of the mouth? Well, I'm having the cheerleader tattoo'd there. You figure out the rest...
I saw her in an old episode of Malcom in the Middle that was on last night....she has really, um, grown up. :dirtyoldmanface:
It is frustrating, I totally agree...but it's just too good to miss really. I said this in a previous post that I wish I had Hiro's powers (he can bend space time...meaning he can time travel and teleport). I'd travel five years in the future and buy all the DVD box sets and just have a marathon.
I saw her in an old episode of Malcom in the Middle that was on last night....she has really, um, grown up. :dirtyoldmanface:
She was also in Remember the Titans (the white coaches kid). I remember when I saw that movie, I thought she would be a very good actress because she did such a good job in the movie.
She was also in Remember the Titans (the white coaches kid). I remember when I saw that movie, I thought she would be a very good actress because she did such a good job in the movie.
Oh shit, that's right... that IS her!!Who'da thunk it! I think she was a better actress back then, but she's doing fine. I kinda prefer some of the other storylines to hers. Maybe cause she never does anything new except bitch about how she's a freak.
Oh shit, that's right... that IS her!!Who'da thunk it! I think she was a better actress back then, but she's doing fine. I kinda prefer some of the other storylines to hers. Maybe cause she never does anything new except bitch about how she's a freak.
if i was 16 and woke up on a slab during my own autopsy i'd probably be bitching about how i was a freak too. but yeah, she needs to start doing something cool. like sticking her hand in the garbage disposal again.

So I've watched the first 3 episodes, and I think it's ok. I really like the Japanese guy, the other characters, not really so much. They're all a little too dramatic, caught up in their own emotions in dealing with their powers and everything. The Japanese dude rocks though. Just finished the episode where the cheerleader is on the autopsy table, that was a pretty awesome ending.....but, uh, why would she be undergoing an autopsy? She had like a huge spike in her head, why in hell would they open up her chest? Cause of death is sorta obvious.

So I've watched the first 3 episodes, and I think it's ok. I really like the Japanese guy, the other characters, not really so much. They're all a little too dramatic, caught up in their own emotions in dealing with their powers and everything. The Japanese dude rocks though. Just finished the episode where the cheerleader is on the autopsy table, that was a pretty awesome ending.....but, uh, why would she be undergoing an autopsy? She had like a huge spike in her head, why in hell would they open up her chest? Cause of death is sorta obvious.
cause of death may or may not be determined that way. When they perform an autopsy, it's SOP to open up a victim's chest to determine if there were outside factors in her death and help determine exact time of death. I.e. stomach contents, seeing if there was any poisoning involved, and they weigh each organ to get an exact idea of what's going on with that person.

I know, or at least have a theory of who Syler is. I really think it's Peter Petrelli. Actually, a future version of him. It's very possible that he absorbed Hiro's power, and is using it travel in the past and kill people (for reasons unknown). It could also explain the wide variety of powers that Syler seems to possess.

Ricker your avatar is from Heroes, right? Does that get explained in a later episode (I'm only through 4), or is it just something that keeps showing up?
yeah, it's the RNA molecule that is referenced a lot in the show. Nikki's alter ego has it tattooed on her and it is pretty much the key to finding all the heroes. I just like it cause it's nerdy and I'm stupid
I know, or at least have a theory of who Syler is. I really think it's Peter Petrelli. Actually, a future version of him. It's very possible that he absorbed Hiro's power, and is using it travel in the past and kill people (for reasons unknown). It could also explain the wide variety of powers that Syler seems to possess.
I have to shoot that one down. Sylar was in LA killing people while Peter was in the hospital. Plus why would future Hiro come back and talk to Peter on the train to launch him into a bad guy career. They have already been to sylars apt, mohinders dad had dealt with him before. It makes no logistical sense for it to be Peter.
Ricker your avatar is from Heroes, right? Does that get explained in a later episode (I'm only through 4), or is it just something that keeps showing up?
I posted some links earlier in the thread that explain it, and point out where it has shown up in each episode.
I posted some links earlier in the thread that explain it, and point out where it has shown up in each episode.
I didn't wanna read through the thread yet because I'm not caught up and don't wanna see spoilers, but I'll check them out when I do catch up.
I have to shoot that one down. Sylar was in LA killing people while Peter was in the hospital. Plus why would future Hiro come back and talk to Peter on the train to launch him into a bad guy career. They have already been to sylars apt, mohinders dad had dealt with him before. It makes no logistical sense for it to be Peter.
I agree 100% with this. Peter is very much a good guy. Sylar is just another random person with superpowers bent on collecting other Hero's DNA so he can absorb their powers.

NBC info for Monday's episode. From the previews it sounds like they will be wrapping up the "save the cheerleader, save the world" part of the season in the next two episodes before the flashback episode.

Back in India to mourn the passing of his father, Suresh encounters mysterious dreams of the past that force him to question what path to take next. Continuing their journey to New York, Hiro and Ando stop at a diner and meet someone interesting. In crisis, Niki comes to a personal understanding. Determined to see one of Isaac's paintings that Simone recently sold, Peter asks Nathan for help in finding a key to the future. Intent on getting back to her normal life, Claire focuses on Homecoming preparations, unaware of what's to come. Meanwhile, Mr. Bennet and a surprising associate focus their attentions on another "hero."
So Mr. Bennet is likely working with Isaac at this point, I wonder if we are going to find out more about him and his intentions through their interactions. I also wonder who Hiro and Ando run into, possibly Niki I suppose as she might catch up to them while trying to track down DL and Micah. And I'm still not sure how everyone is going to end up in Texas. I can see Peter, Nathan, Issac, Claire and Mr Bennet being there, but I don't see Matt, DL, Niki or Micah heading in that direction. Linderman must play some role in getting everyone there (if indeed they all go), but at this point Matt doesn't have a connection to anyone except Mr. Bennet and radioactive man.Interview with the Petrelli Brothers

Almost every episode has had a moment where I have gotten a shover down my spine... tonights there were at least 4 of those moments.Sylar in the diner with Hiro and Ando, them meeting another special who promptly has her brains removed. Who is the kid that was impacting Mohinders dreams?? Ted escapes, which is a bad sign in the long run. I still don't see how Matt gets involved with saving the cheerleader unless he somehow manages to figure out where Mr. Bennet's assistant is. Not sure what Eden's powers are, but it must be some form of seduction/mind control. What would it be like sitting there knowing that your daughter is going to die the next night?? Why doesnt he just keep her home from homecomming? I'm going to go rewatch it... wow, just wow.

Gotta agree with Jadaki, tonights episode was awesome, but I think next week is going to be pivotal in terms of the direction all this is heading. Ted escaping is definately a bad sign, he's such a wildcard due to the anguish over his wife making him mentally unstable. Accompany that with his lack of control on his "talent" and I could definately see him being the cause of the foretold nuclear explosion in NYC. It would be tough for Claire's dad to keep her from homecoming without tipping his hand, I mean he doesn't want to just come out and say "I know you have talents" especially after setting up the visit from her "birth parents." It was interesting tonight learning a bit more about him and his work. Not necessarily the bad guys or good guys, more of a pragmatist in terms of ends justifying means. I think Hiro is gonna get back and end up calling Peter, but how he, and everyone else are going to figure it out where the cheerleader is eludes me.Eden definately seems to have powers of persuasion but seems very loathe to use them, which would help explain why she didn't use them to keep Mohinder around.

Wow...just wow, What an episode. My question though is this, does mohinder have a power too? Or was he just influenced by the kid who was showing him the way? This show is just crazy good.

first time responding here but this show is so damn good it amazes me. the thing that I am lost is who is hiro looking at in the picture with the girl from the dinner. it looks like he is staring to his right with a really goofy look almost worried look. Did any of you guys catch that? what are your guys thoughts on that?

Wow...just wow, What an episode. My question though is this, does mohinder have a power too? Or was he just influenced by the kid who was showing him the way? This show is just crazy good.
I'm not sure if he does or not. It was implied that his sister did, so maybe he does also. It seems that kid can influence dreams, but where was he really at? That part of the episode was confusing, I need to go back and look at the file he pulled out of his dad's locked drawer.Next week definetly wraps up the save the cheerleader, save the world story arc. Be interesting to see who actually makes it to the school to save Claire. In the preview there was a change from what has been foreshadowed. It showed Peter assisting Claire up the steps where the painting just showed Claire previously.The thing that is surprising me is they just keep adding more people with powers, I wonder when it's going to end in the terms of number of people with these abilities. I'm a little concerened that unless they do start killing people off it's going to become hard to follow the huge cast in a 1 hour show.

Theory, not spoilers.Regarding Sylar. I I always thought the cheerleaders dad was the bad guy, possibly Sylar. But now I don't believe that is the case after watching the last few episodes. What I am curious about now is Nikki (I think that is here name, stripper, blonde, mirror girl). She seems to be the only one with powers that has a bad side. Could she be Sylar?