***official Chicago Bears Thread***

He threw more balls to Earl Bennet than Hester, Olsen and Forte combined. That might be a problem. As a Packers fan, I think their biggest problem was not using Forte enough/properly. They weren't patient enough with the run and only one pass thrown his way? Really?
I agree with this completely. Forte had like 80% of the plays last year. I have no idea what happened there.Also God Dammit Urlacher!!
  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now my cynicism has washed away and I've left myself vulnerable because I'm officially excited about the bears again. God damnit o thought I was off that narcotic

Wow! Overtime thriller, baby! Osweiller for President!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.   Mods, please move.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for awesomeness. I said in the pre-season that even if we want to think that the bears are truly a super bowl contender , I would be a very happy camper if they were 2-2 after the 1st four games of the season, and would be estatic if they were 3-1. I mean GB in lambeau in prime time, super bowl champs at home, and then travel to always rough seattle to start a season. Just insane. They did the dirty work going 2-1, now they gotta handle it against Detroit and it's 3-1 going into the bye week, which is a huge A+. Wouldn't mind seeing a laugher of a win this week though. Three very taxing games so far for this team. Will be in attendance!!

Bump for awesomeness. I said in the pre-season that even if we want to think that the bears are truly a super bowl contender , I would be a very happy camper if they were 2-2 after the 1st four games of the season, and would be estatic if they were 3-1. I mean GB in lambeau in prime time, super bowl champs at home, and then travel to always rough seattle to start a season. Just insane. They did the dirty work going 2-1, now they gotta handle it against Detroit and it's 3-1 going into the bye week, which is a huge A+. Wouldn't mind seeing a laugher of a win this week though. Three very taxing games so far for this team. Will be in attendance!!
Even with 4 picks in that first game, they had the lead at the end too.3-1 going into the Bye. :DVery much needed bye week, half the team is freakin injured.
Even with 4 picks in that first game, they had the lead at the end too.3-1 going into the Bye. :DVery much needed bye week, half the team is freakin injured.
yup, timing is everything.Now to cheer for the packers for possibly the first time in my life.Go pack go? LOL53+ points total would give me a free 50 bucks too!!!
yup, timing is everything.Now to cheer for the packers for possibly the first time in my life.Go pack go? LOL53+ points total would give me a free 50 bucks too!!!
The only thing that could possibly ever get me to root for the pack is Favre playing on the Vikings. That's like the ONLY way.
  • 3 weeks later...

Lovie is the worst.Can't change the D up a little?"We get off the bus running""Rex is our quarterback"Bears don't make the playoffs next year. He's gone.

He will be coaching the Cowboys next year, sorry.
I would prefer Schottenheimer.
Mike Holmgren - 1 time dealer.
FYP. Just another stake in the heart of Packers fans. It would be so fun.
I too would prefer Schottenheimer to coach Dallas.
You can have him

However, Schottenheimer's success in the regular season combined with his disappointing record in post-season play has led some pundits to label him as a coach who "can't win in the playoffs." The January 8, 2005 loss to the Jets brought his career playoff record to 5-12 (.294). In his 12 post-season appearances, Shottenheimer's teams have failed to win a playoff game eight times and a Shottenheimer coached team has not won a playoff game since the 1993 season.This may be the reason most don't want him to coach their team.

However, Schottenheimer's success in the regular season combined with his disappointing record in post-season play has led some pundits to label him as a coach who "can't win in the playoffs." The January 8, 2005 loss to the Jets brought his career playoff record to 5-12 (.294). In his 12 post-season appearances, Shottenheimer's teams have failed to win a playoff game eight times and a Shottenheimer coached team has not won a playoff game since the 1993 season.This may be the reason most don't want him to coach their team.
...and, in my extremely humble opinion, that makes 'most' of the people complete idiots. The only person that should have been fired from the Chargers is A.J. Smith.
...and, in my extremely humble opinion, that makes 'most' of the people complete idiots. The only person that should have been fired from the Chargers is A.J. Smith.
I think MS being a "Choking" coach is one of the biggest jokes of all time. People place so much importance on tiny sample size, and don't ever take into account variance. In the playoffs, you are only playing good teams, often teams that are better than you, and if not, you are rarely better than a 60-40 favorite over another playoff team. Judging Marty's success as a coach, because he's been unlucky ( or just lost to better teams) is absurd. I think the fact that he has transformed multiple teams into playoff teams, over and over again at many different locations, is a much greater indication of his talent.
I think MS being a "Choking" coach is one of the biggest jokes of all time. People place so much importance on tiny sample size, and don't ever take into account variance. In the playoffs, you are only playing good teams, often teams that are better than you, and if not, you are rarely better than a 60-40 favorite over another playoff team. Judging Marty's success as a coach, because he's been unlucky ( or just lost to better teams) is absurd. I think the fact that he has transformed multiple teams into playoff teams, over and over again at many different locations, is a much greater indication of his talent.
It's painful to listen to the 'public' on many issues. I would probably be hospitalized due to happiness if Jerry Jones hired MS.There are certain head coaches that, as long as they are associated with a team, that team will digress. It's like clockwork and I can't, for the life of me, figured out why owners don't understand this. If you hire Norv Turner or Wade Philips your team will naturally become more awful. Other coaches are exactly the opposite.

Listen, any dreams of the bears hiring a name coach are just dreams. They've never, ever done it in their entire history. They will just do what they usually do, hire some no name assistant from the steelers or colts or something, someone they don't have to pay big money. Book it.