hey guys... i know i dont post here much but i've been an old member of FCP and a pretty good poker player... So far i've managed to bankroll about 8000$ net profit by just playing poker after work... and i dont play high stakes.... usually like .5/$1 cash games or lower... It all started by me first adding a couple of people to my msn and talking more about poker. I feel that this gives me A TREMENDOUS amount of insight to the different styles of playing... and I do not regret it at all!Now i can sit at a table and sort of figure out what type of player a person is all within 3-5 hands. I dont usually play SnG's... I feel there is more money in cash games and SnG's arent worth the time as they can take a lot longer whereas cash games u can win a 150$ pot in a matter of seconds. So this year me and my friend are trying something similar but different... we plan on extending our 'crew' to a few more players and hopefully gain a lot more insight... If you play on ***Pokerstars!!! drop me a line on msn:tappy_999@hotmail.com or just leave your email on this thread and i'll gladly add you! bye!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys... i know i dont post here much but i've been an old member of FCP and a pretty good poker player... So far i've managed to bankroll about 8000$ net profit by just playing poker after work... and i dont play high stakes.... usually like .5/$1 cash games or lower... It all started by me first adding a couple of people to my msn and talking more about poker. I feel that this gives me A TREMENDOUS amount of insight to the different styles of playing... and I do not regret it at all!Now i can sit at a table and sort of figure out what type of player a person is all within 3-5 hands. I dont usually play SnG's... I feel there is more money in cash games and SnG's arent worth the time as they can take a lot longer whereas cash games u can win a 150$ pot in a matter of seconds. So this year me and my friend are trying something similar but different... we plan on extending our 'crew' to a few more players and hopefully gain a lot more insight... If you play on ***Pokerstars!!! drop me a line on msn:tappy_999@hotmail.com or just leave your email on this thread and i'll gladly add you! bye!
So are you Bankrolling people or what is the point of this post?If your BRing someone I'm in otherwise I dont see the point of joining your "crew"
What is this internet you speak of?
It's a series of tubes....you can't just dump stuff on it.I don't think that'll get old for a long time... :club:

well maybe i didnt make myself clear.... If you want to get better at poker... books are a good way to go... but the best way is to talk with other poker players... players that play everyday... I find it very beneficial to talk with other poker players and that's why i need people to discuss poker with... like the good old days... that's what all good pokerplayers used to do!

if only there was a message board for that
Or, beter yet a place u could talk to on this "internet" about poker related things, with different sub categories about other forms of poker.jesus!!, wont you let us live! dear god
you can play poker over the internet?
you said poke her.

Ive never seen so many smart asses in one place... No wonder its negreanus page... One of the biggest 2 faces in the world..That mother ****** punched me in the arm when I was going for an autograph and said "Smell my fart, you're nothin." **** you negreanu..

Did you just get out of prison or something? I mean how does someone that's been a member since 12/04 have only 39 posts and not know what the strategy forums etc are? I'm just kinda puzzled....

I probably should have mentioned this before but I used to belong to a games club in downtown toronto and there would be poker,chess, backgammon bridge etc... and the same ppl would always show up.. it got tiring bcuz nobody was getting better and we werent learning anything..... so one night we just shared all of our secrets to each other (what we like to do on turn, after flop blah blah blah) and we'd disperse and test out these new theories/strategies @ diff games and it paid off... so then i hooked up with another buddy of mine who played poker and he had more interesting strats. Now believe me when i tell you this.. reading books helps a lot but the best way to learn is by talking to people about poker and what personal moves they make... take it for what u will i think the best way to learn is by experience... and what better way to get experience than from other people's strats and ur own?