Jamie Gold Vindicated! Poker Super Star Deserves Support And Respect

So true.From the vine flows truth--an old Jewish saying. The anti-Gold bs on the boards points to a deeper feeling of animosity towards him. I don't know it but I sense that Gold's behavior fits some of the racist-leaning white men's prejudices against Jews--Gold is being precieved like the old Jewish bankers and moneychangers--dishonest, sneaky, greedy...
Post more Jack. You're really enlightening.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post more Jack. You're really enlightening.
Nah, let someone else make the point. I already have. There is a racist feeling against Jamie Gold and the people who hate him most are the deep down, hard core racists (anti-Jew). Gold was vindicated--he was Gandolfini's agent. And he won the WSOP when DN or you or I didn't. His style is to play 80% of his hands and this new strategy in big tournaments is the only way you'll have a shot at the final table from now on. Now I know why all the best pros failed to cash. They base their strategy on concepts created by Sklanksy and others when the tournaments were lucky to have 300 players.100,000 bad players = play 100% of your hands--its like playing the lottery.8000 players bad = 80% rule (play 80% of your hands)3000 players bad = 30% rule (play thirty percent of your hands.)100 greatest players alive = play 1% of your handsThat's the new Gold en rule in tournaments with large numbers of loose, agressive/passive players
Nah, let someone else make the point. I already have. There is a racist feeling against Jamie Gold and the people who hate him most are the deep down, hard core racists (anti-Jew). Gold was vindicated--he was Gandolfini's agent. And he won the WSOP when DN or you or I didn't. His style is to play 80% of his hands and this new strategy in big tournaments is the only way you'll have a shot at the final table from now on. Now I know why all the best pros failed to cash. They base their strategy on concepts created by Sklanksy and others when the tournaments were lucky to have 300 players.100,000 bad players = play 100% of your hands--its like playing the lottery.8000 players bad = 80% rule (play 80% of your hands)3000 players bad = 30% rule (play thirty percent of your hands.)100 greatest players alive = play 1% of your handsThat's the new Gold en rule in tournaments with large numbers of loose, agressive/passive players
AC can play a bit no??
Man, poker is in shambles--anti-gaming legislation, WPT lawsuit, DN hating on the 7, 8000 players at the WSOP, Gold trashed, Williams trashed, Hellmuth and others acting stupid on tv, poker ratings way down. Donks ruining boards with donk posts like the trolls here. Step up the game.
this guy still allowed to post?Wow.Gold isn't dislike because he's Jewish. He's disliked because of his alleged agent status and ties. Aren't all Hollywood agents sleazebags anyway?
Yeah, I like Gold's strategy.#1. Telling people what he has which is illegial#2. Colluding with the people at his table which is illegialSeems like a winning system to me.His new bookSuper System of Cheating.
well said.
So true.From the vine flows truth --an old Jewish saying. The anti-Gold bs on the boards points to a deeper feeling of animosity towards him. I don't know it but I sense that Gold's behavior fits some of the racist-leaning white men's prejudices against Jews--Gold is being precieved like the old Jewish bankers and moneychangers--dishonest, sneaky, greedy...
The Romans must have stolen it from the Jews, then, because I remember this in Latin: In vino, veritas. Just another cultural appropriation, eh, Jack-o? So, tell me, how long have you been Jamie Gold's agent/press secretary?
So true.From the vine flows truth--an old Jewish saying. The anti-Gold bs on the boards points to a deeper feeling of animosity towards him. I don't know it but I sense that Gold's behavior fits some of the racist-leaning white men's prejudices against Jews--Gold is being precieved like the old Jewish bankers and moneychangers--dishonest, sneaky, greedy...
...because he is (and it's not a Jewish thing at all, it's a lowlife cheating scumbag thing).
Holy crap I hate you. I knew from all of the other posts you made that I would hate you. Freakin 88 posts and calling for bans.

I like Jack, keeps the threads on focus. kind of80% of hands seems crazy. But after seeing last show on ME with DN being so prominent, I was totally blown away by the garbage the people were calling raises with. Made me ashamed to be a Phil Helmuth wanna be.And if Gold is creating a California Corp, then he deserves all the stupid titles we can give him. To add an extra 17% tax burden to your win is a sure way to lose your Jewish card. I would have given that dude $2million in cash that night, and had him sign a this is good letter. Then paid the tax on the whole thing and start the endorsement walk of fame.

I like Jack, keeps the threads on focus. kind of
I would have given that dude $2million in cash that night, and had him sign a this is good letter. Then paid the tax on the whole thing and start the endorsement walk of fame.I agree with you. But Leyser claims Gold owes him 50% or 6million. Leyser was quick to sue. Oh well, Gold has 6million less 1.2 million to Chan (Chan wasn't worried about getting paid--didn't sue).The good news for Gold is he has credibility now that Gandolfini's agent backed him up. As for Leyser more is going to come out about him to show him up for the hustler he really is. As for the most important thing, Gold's win shows that in a large tournament play 80% of your hands and just take your chances you can win by the river. I am going to play Gold's strategy at Festa Al Lago in Oct.Going to play 80% of my hands, and use my judgement what 20% of the hands I won't play. Either I'll build a huge chip lead early and then dominate with it, or I'll bust out in the first few hands.
Jamie Gold is vindicated! Gold played a new style of hold-em that nobody could beat--nobody. Played 80% of his hands to win the ME. I look forward to Gold's book on winning tournaments--Gold is going to be the best and brightest light in poker. Jamie Gold kicks ***!http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_...class=PokerNewsNumerous rumors about Jamie Gold have circulated since he began his meteoric run to win the World Series of Poker Main Event and a $12 million first-place cash. Gold’s past as a celebrity agent was questioned on many online sites and by the gaggle of media attending the WSOP. Despite continued scrutiny and criticism from media outlets, Gold repeatedly refused to dignify the negative publicity surrounding him. Gold is, however, receiving support from several people in the Hollywood including a former client’s current agent. James Gandolfini, known for his role as Tony Soprano on HBO’s hit series The Sopranos, has been one of the bigger names mentioned on Gold’s former client roster, but many people questioned the validity of Gold’s claims about management until recently.In a copy of a letter recently obtained by Card Player, Gandolfini’s current agent, Mark Armstrong, a former Gold colleague at HWA and then Gold Bouchard management, defended his former associate. “Jamie did indeed represent as an agent or manager James Gandolfini (who I currently represent), Lucy Lui, Felicity Huffman, and Jimmy Fallon, who he helped bring to Los Angeles from Albany to get his start. Any inference otherwise is incorrect,” Armstrong wrote.Gold’s history as an agent has also been documented in several Variety.com postings, including one from July 23, 1997, that verified Gold’s signing of former New Kid On the Block turned actor, Donnie Walhberg.
Here's something on topic for you...That's the dumbest thing I've ever read, and that's saying something considering how much time I've spent in General lately.He won one tournament. Big deal. With the fields in the ME like they are, it's like playing the lottery these days. When he proves he can do this for the long haul, then that will be different. Even if he does, though, it won't change the fact that you are a self-important jackass who can't distinguish a helpful suggestion from a flame and seriously needs to lighten the fuck up.
He won one tournament. Big deal. With the fields in the ME like they are, it's like playing the lottery these days. When he proves he can do this for the long haul, then that will be different.
He's actually had some success in tournaments before the ME, in smaller fields than the ME, so I think he's being underestimated.http://www.pokerpages.com/players/profiles.../jamie-gold.htm
You ban yourself, you add nothing to the discussion, and are an obvious troll. Go away, if you don't like this thread, move on! Your post is annoying. BAN FCP won't ban me. I'm sure of that. Those of you who think I'll be banned, are pathetic to care, or to think so.Also, everyone reading has noticed that nobody disagrees with the content of my posts. The trolls just are bored but you'll note they have nothing to say.Gold is Jewish. I think that's why he's been rejected by poker.
If you can't accept and look past this banter, then this forum isn't for you.Two Plus Two would be more your speed.
If you can't accept and look past this banter, then this forum isn't for you.
I don't know about the forum in general, but I do know that I can accept your banter, nuts--I note that you had nothing to say at all about the subject of this thread, i.e., Jamie Gold. Instead you wasted mine and other's time with a pointless statement--most of the time I see your posts they are just a put down type post of someone else.Back to Gold: His style of play is unique, and I wouldn't be suprised if he goes a long way in poker with his maniac style. I plan on playing the "Gold Standard" style at Bellagio in Oct.I have extracted all of Jamie Gold's ideas on poker from interviews and have condensed his strategy into a list of dos and don't. I'll post what I am calling "The Gold Standard" -- How To Win Big Tournaments" next week. Look for it.