just wondering at what point does one give up on poker.?how do you guys think.i been a pretty consitent looser for like 2 years, ill go on mean runs, but they always turn around and the down is bigger than the rise almost every time.Just wondering.Later

If it stops being fun, you should quit. If you lose a little money but derive a lot of enjoyment out of poker, hey, its a game. Only a small percentage will profit in the long run. If you continue to lose, try to read some books or keep stats to improve your game.

lower your stakes or save up a playing bankroll .make sure its what u can afford to play sounds like your playing above your head and getting stuck i know the feeling when u lose more than u can afford at one time u get that sick feeling like maybe u shld just quit thats when u know your playing to high of a limit so i fixed that problem i make sure i have what i need and pplay what i know i can lose but i dont think im gonna lose just what i can lose lol and never stop studying the game and trust your gut unless u ate something bad :club:

yea i was doin teh br management good, but i never seem to be able to beat the game at all.even deep in tournies i often get outside the money and bust. when i play at lower limits i loose then i play higher limits and sometimes can play with them but not always, and often end up jumpin up hiiigh after aloss.i had been doin good br management and had a for me long bankroll climb of 2 weeks lol.then got to like 1500 cashed about 500 and then lost like 50 on .25 .50 nl, then lost down to 200 on varius games. then ran the 200 to like 800 playing good poker in 5 10 limit short handed.then busted it out all sorts of ways, like 100 nl, 50 sngs.just seems that whenever i win it has to be from luck, and i cant really afford to just loose at it, dont erally have just **** money ya konw.and am i the only consistently loosing player on this site. (i konw)

instead of playing 5 10 play 1 2 pl or even .50 100 its all about managing your losses and maximize your winnings u dont sound like u have br managment losing and then going into higher limits is called chasing your tail thus leads to steaming which leads to badbeats and busting out instead of playing a higher limit play the same limit and get good at it then when u keep winning jump up a level at a time and winning aint going from 200 to 500 then jumping up im saying cashout your initial deposit and make that to at least 50 times the limit u wanna play maybe even higher

Find some friends who like to play and set up a regular micro stakes home game. Poker doesn't have to be played for anything more than pride and fun.
this is perfect for the love of the game if u feel the need to play for money that u cant afford maybe try to get some help before u get in too deep
just wondering at what point does one give up on poker.?how do you guys think.i been a pretty consitent looser for like 2 years, ill go on mean runs, but they always turn around and the down is bigger than the rise almost every time.Just wondering.Later
no offense, but I dont see how someone could be a losing player for 2 years...Have you put any effort into learning the game? read books, posted in strategy forums, talked to winning players etc...?Also, what limits are u playing?
yea i was doin teh br management good, but i never seem to be able to beat the game at all.even deep in tournies i often get outside the money and bust. when i play at lower limits i loose then i play higher limits and sometimes can play with them but not always, and often end up jumpin up hiiigh after aloss.i had been doin good br management and had a for me long bankroll climb of 2 weeks lol.then got to like 1500 cashed about 500 and then lost like 50 on .25 .50 nl, then lost down to 200 on varius games. then ran the 200 to like 800 playing good poker in 5 10 limit short handed.then busted it out all sorts of ways, like 100 nl, 50 sngs.just seems that whenever i win it has to be from luck, and i cant really afford to just loose at it, dont erally have just **** money ya konw.and am i the only consistently loosing player on this site. (i konw)
This isn't meant to be rude...but that looks like terrible bankroll management. I know micro limits or even "mini limits" can get boring but playing 5-10 limit short-handed with $200 is a sure way to go broke. That's not even enough for one buy-in!! If you feel like you can beat that level of play($5-10), save up like 3-5k and sit in on that game.

yea ive read super system, harringtons and some random other book i dont rememberyea i talk to alot o fplayers, i even took classes from Todd Arnold!most of my friends actually ask me what do do when they are in tourniesi just somehow suck nutz at playing, ive coached my friends to 5k pluss tourney winsbut i cnat pull any outi do 10-100 MTTS and sngs, and 50nl and 3-6 limit, 2-4 limit, and up to 200 nllnooo im not saying when i sat into the 5 10 that that was good br management, jsut htat i was doing bood br management for a 2 weeks before i crackedplayed from 25nl with 500 bucks up to 1250 and started doin 50 nl, with a 25 buyin rule gointhen i cracked

I say keep playing. It'll turn around for you eventually.
I am just wondering if there is any connection between bad spelling/grammar and bad poker play.
I was wondering the same thing. When people come on here complaining of bad beats or persistent losses, it's usually with a poor command of English. The people who give excellent advice in the strat forum usually do so in actual English. Maybe it's a brain organization thing. That'd be an interesting study for some motivated grad student.I'm is glad I gots such a gud command of langage.
no offense, but I dont see how someone could be a losing player for 2 years...Have you put any effort into learning the game? read books, posted in strategy forums, talked to winning players etc...?Also, what limits are u playing?
It has to be possible, not everyone can win.
I was wondering the same thing. When people come on here complaining of bad beats or persistent losses, it's usually with a poor command of English. The people who give excellent advice in the strat forum usually do so in actual English. Maybe it's a brain organization thing. That'd be an interesting study for some motivated grad student.I'm is glad I gots such a gud command of langage.
lol :club::D

I think you have to really look at how your playing. Are you playing good for short periods and then get impatient? Do yuo tilt after taking a bad beat? From the looks of your posts it seems like whenever you get on a winning streak you tend to play over your bankroll. I tend to this online more than live so I know how your feeling. Don't give up. If you love the game start at the low limits and build up a bankroll or play in some home tourny's Good luck

Listen boyz...reading isn't the key to success. LEARNING is.I know a guy that has read every single book ever made but it doesn't do him any good because he'll see a bet on a board of A-Q-7 and call with 33 hoping for a set. He'll chase every gutshot. He'll call with KQo preflop with a 3-bet in front of him.Some people just love to play...there's absolutely nothing wrong about that. Your losses are the cost of entertainment.I have another friend that even knows the way you're supposed to play but he doesn't care about the money that much. He gets so much more satisfaction sucking out on others.

It sounds to me like you are trying to play too many different types of games.Limit cash game, vs NL cash game vs MTT vs STT require very different stragtegies. It is hard to switch so much and play good in each type.I would suggest pick one type of poker and just try to concentrate on that, although sounds like you might be bored doing this. Anyway that is my serious advice for you. Good Luck, hope to see you at the tables :club:

lower your stakes or save up a playing bankroll .make sure its what u can afford to play sounds like your playing above your head and getting stuck i know the feeling when u lose more than u can afford at one time u get that sick feeling like maybe u shld just quit thats when u know your playing to high of a limit so i fixed that problem i make sure i have what i need and pplay what i know i can lose but i dont think im gonna lose just what i can lose lol and never stop studying the game and trust your gut unless u ate something bad :club:
Are the punctuation keys on your keyboard missing?