It Took 75,000 Hands

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($68.00)SB ($51.80)BB ($43.05)MP1 ($47.95)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Kclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. 2 folds, MP1 raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 3 folds, BB raises to $10.5, MP1 calls $8.50, Hero folds.Flop: ($23.75) 7heart.gif, 6heart.gif, 5club.gif(2 players)BB bets $32.55 (All-In), MP1 calls $32.55.Turn: ($88.85) 9club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($88.85) 4club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $88.85Results in white below: BB has Ac Ah (one pair, aces). MP1 has Qd Qs (one pair, queens). Outcome: BB wins $88.85.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PokerRoom No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($68.00)SB ($51.80)BB ($43.05)MP1 ($47.95)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Kclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif. 2 folds, MP1 raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, 3 folds, BB raises to $10.5, MP1 calls $8.50, Hero folds.Flop: ($23.75) 7heart.gif, 6heart.gif, 5club.gif(2 players)BB bets $32.55 (All-In), MP1 calls $32.55.Turn: ($88.85) 9club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)River: ($88.85) 4club.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $88.85Results in white below: BB has Ac Ah (one pair, aces). MP1 has Qd Qs (one pair, queens). Outcome: BB wins $88.85.
I can sense someone coming and telling you to never ever ever fold KK preflop. It's coming....
I can sense someone coming and telling you to never ever ever fold KK preflop. It's coming....
I have no doubt. In fact, before tonight, I would have BEEN that guy. lol
never ever ever fold KK preflop.

Not a flame. I'm curious from a strategy standpoint. Why didn't you re-raise with the Kings to begin with?

Not a flame. I'm curious from a strategy standpoint. Why didn't you re-raise with the Kings to begin with?
In another post exactly the same they said this "I folded Kings Preflop...I was actually trying to trap MP....didn't work...lolMake sense in this spot, or still "don't fold kings in a cash game"?"
MP1 was pretty loose and very aggressive. I wanted to trap him as I'veseen him raise some pretty weak hands just to try and get positionand then use that position pretty aggressively.....I had him set up forjust this type of hand.BB on the other hand was the complete opposite. True definition of a rock.When he raised as much as he did, and then got called, I thought it was time.I just figured I was in bad shape.
MP1 was pretty loose and very aggressive. I wanted to trap him as I'veseen him raise some pretty weak hands just to try and get positionand then use that position pretty aggressively.....I had him set up forjust this type of hand.BB on the other hand was the complete opposite. True definition of a rock.When he raised as much as he did, and then got called, I thought it was time.I just figured I was in bad shape.
Here's my argument, you can take it or leave it. If BB really is a rock and puts in the 3rd raise it's even easier to get away from the Kings. If MP is loose/aggressive would he not call a raise to $6 or $7 anyway?

I'm not sure why the converter shows it as $1 BB NL, but it's actually$0.50 NL. When a guy you have marked down as a super-rock raises to>20BB, that's a sign, in my books.I agree though, I should have raised to $6 or $7 after the MP1 raise to $2.

yeah, I disagree too. I think if you reraise the initail raiser, and THEN the rock re-reraises, you then have a judgement call. But at this point I can see the intial raiser having anything, and you'd deffientally have to put the rock on something big here, but I can see JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK (and maybe even AQ or mid pair very rarely), however your only not a huge favorite here one out of five times. Get your money in here. It is +EV most of the time, enless a good story is worth more to ya (which in the long run, I'm not saying it's not).

Nice fold (we'll lucky I guess =P), I can't even fold Jacks preflop unless there is a raise and a reraise infront of my, and one of those players is very rocky.Seems like overtime you would lose money with that though. King's running into aces has a very low chance of happening =P.

He just said it took him 75,000 hands to finally lay it down preflop. It's not like he does this all the time just to say he can lay down KK before the flop. He went with his gut, which is usually right. I'm sure he's not doing it all the time.Nice laydown, even though I dislike your play up to the laydown.

Bet the farm on KK-Phil HellmuthIf Phil says this then listen to him , he has 10 wsop bracelets!
Guess he doesn't always take his own advice. On the recent PPT he checked KK early to also be beaten by AA.
Bet the farm on KK-Phil HellmuthIf Phil says this then listen to him , he has 10 wsop bracelets!
Too bad this is a cash game and you don't get WSOP bracelets from cash games....Not to mention Hellmuth is a terrible cash game player

If you have a guy with a less than 10% VPIP, 3.6% preflop raise percentage and he puts in a second raise it is AA or KK 9 times out of 10.nice laydown. but he better have been a real rock :club:

nice play, idk if i would have done it, i guess i would have had to been there, im not gonna disagree sine u made the right play so nj

I don't see how laying KK down preflop is a good play to save .86 buy-ins. This thread is the definition of results oriented.If he shows KK, you feel sheepish, and you don't start this thread.
all I am saying is that there are people out there that will only reraise with AA or KK, so what is the point of pushing it allin preflop with KK. you either get your money back or lose your stack. There isn't any value.
If you have a guy with a less than 10% VPIP, 3.6% preflop raise percentage and he puts in a second raise it is AA or KK 9 times out of 10.nice laydown. but he better have been a real rock :club:
Wouldn't OP have been embarrassed to see the rock turn over KK?EDIT: dang ... I get to page 2 and see that DDiDM beat me to it.