Just Got $1600 Stolen From My Neteller.

I put a block on my bank account and wish I could find the **** who did this.Anywho has anyone had this happen and what was the outcome? I wonder if they have the password to all my poker accounts as well or if I have some kind of keylogger on my computer.What do you do in this situation, Im a low limit player so $1600 is a **** load of money to me. Neteller is currently looking into this issue.I havnt downloaded anything from people I dont know either so I have no clue how they got my log in information, any advice would be helpful!

I put a block on my bank account and wish I could find the **** who did this.Anywho has anyone had this happen and what was the outcome? I wonder if they have the password to all my poker accounts as well or if I have some kind of keylogger on my computer.What do you do in this situation, Im a low limit player so $1600 is a **** load of money to me. Neteller is currently looking into this issue.I havnt downloaded anything from people I dont know either so I have no clue how they got my log in information, any advice would be helpful!
I started a topic about this once, use search function for my posts. It won't be hard to find, I don't post that often. Short story... I got my money back and it's happened to quite a few people on this forum. NETELLER is pretty good about it. PM me if you have any questions.smrphf
check the pinned topic...edit: forget that... its gone... try search...
i think pretty much all the threads about this got deleted by that hacker a month ago.dude, just keep doing what you're doing. freeze your bank account, and get with neteller, they should be able to investigate this thoroughly and get some kind of restitution. here's hoping.

I had InstaCash disabled on my Neteller account. I recommend that anyone just using it to make transfers back and forth in no hurry do this. It means that as long as you don't leave money in it then you can see the money movement and cancel it.

welcome to the club. i had this happen for $3k a few weeks ago. call this number: 888.258.5859 x4457this is the extension for a woman named brittany. she helped me take care of everything and i had the money back in a matter of days. let me know if you have any other questions.

welcome to the club. i had this happen for $3k a few weeks ago. call this number: 888.258.5859 x4457this is the extension for a woman named brittany. she helped me take care of everything and i had the money back in a matter of days. let me know if you have any other questions.
I just talked to Neteller and they said the investications team is looking into it.This is such a pain in the ***, now I am worried they have all my log in information to EVERYTHING and who knows they might.Is Brittany there now?
check your deleted emails...especially if you have a hotmail or yahoo account...
Yea I have gmail and there were none in there. I am so baffled on how this happened.
I wonder why the amounts these hackers take people for varies?
No clue but I guess its IGM and Firepay from here on out. I've now heard so many horror stories about money getting taken from Neteller accounts..I wonder if its their employees or something because I have done a virus scan and everything possible and nothing else was messed with.
how often do people get ripped on netteller or fuctions like this, I just opened a account last week now i dont thing ill be funding it if people are getting screwed all the time.
If you set your instacash limit at $0 there shouldn't be any problems...I assume the OP lost his money from an instacash like everyone else had...
If you set your instacash limit at $0 there shouldn't be any problems...I assume the OP lost his money from an instacash like everyone else had...
Yeah, good though, I disabled instacash. Think about this though, when I log in, it still has the option to "enable instacash." So it really seems like I did nothing really, seeing that they can enable it in 2 seconds. :club:

happened to me a few months back for 3k...neteller refunded me my money after their investigation and gave me a new secure id...change all your passwords, even with non poker sites...and make sure the passwords are all different...and also, dis able insta-cash and dont keep any money in nettelr, just keep it in a big poker site.

I'm a member of the club, too. Been thinking about opening a firepay account, but I'm terrified of giving my account info to anything online now. I wish we could just send a personal check to FCP.

I've never had problems with FirePay! :club: Although I dont know why people leave money in thier Neteller Accounts?
Yeah, I've deposited to neteller four times and have withdrawn instantly every time, why leave it hanging.
I've never had problems with FirePay! :club: Although I dont know why people leave money in thier Neteller Accounts?
I didnt leave money in my neteller account, it was insta-cashed into it.

i have a question: This "Keylogger" program that i keep hearing pple refer too, is this a program that someone can install if they use the same computer, or is it a virus or spyware program that you can have downloaded on your comptuer without your knowledge?

a keylogger is a spyware type thing where it logs whatever you type so it sees what you are trying when you are inputting your password, etc. neteller's suggestion to me was keep a file on your computer that you can use to cut and paste passwords with so you are not typing them. however, someone on this board said that a keylogger will see what is on your clipboard as well so this will not help.

Just got a email from Pacific Poker's operation team. If you look near the bottom they called my Brian after calling me Eric, Im assuming thats the player who deposited money into their account with my neteller.888.com - Operations Dept. <operations@cassava.net> to me Dear Eric,This is Gisella from the Operations Department at Cassava (Gibraltar)Ltd. Cassava (Gibraltar) Ltd operates "Pacific Poker".Thank you for your message.Eric, using the information that you have provided we have managed tolocate and disable a Pacific Poker account into which the unauthoriseddeposit was made.Unfortunately as it was Neteller's security which failed to protect yourpersonal information, we can not be held responsible for the loss offunds as they have already been used to pay for the service which weprovide.However, should you wish to pursue this matter further, we will requireyou to file a report of theft with your local police department andforward a copy of the police report to the Operations Department on thefollowing fax number: 1.866.890.6743.Accompanying this police report should be a faxed information disclosurerequest from the officer in charge of your case. This is to be on headedpaper and signed and dated accordingly.Once we have received these documents, we will be in a position toproceed further.Thank you for your understanding on this matter Brian, I hope to hearfrom you soon.Kind regards,GisellaOperations DepartmentCassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd.operations@cassava.net