Jamie Gold Tips One Million To Dealers !

isnt there already a percentage taken out of the prize pools for dealers. I believe last year it was like 3%, so every entry has 300 going to the dealers. if not i would tip 4 to6 % but if there already is money taken out of the prize pool 100k on 12 mill sounds about right.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and this is why your a dealer.Btw your forst post indicated you knew for sure. I hate people to clai things when they are not sure if it is true. And I dont believe a few of yo9ur friends told you either and if they did I dont believe they work there.
What do you mean by " and this is why your a dealer " ? That is a moronic statement there pal. And rumor has it that he did tip a million. I dealt the series last year and know many people who dealt it this year. A few were playing in our room yesterday and said he in fact left a million for dealers and the floor.

The dealers deserve more for all the cards they gave him. He should tip 6 mill.

Didn't they stop Hachem from doing that last year because they had to finally admit that the "brick" was just a wad of singles with a hundred on each end?
sounds like the staff watched too much My Cousin Vinny.

The best tip I ever got was a note that said, "Don't play leapfrog with unicorns."It has saved my future offspring, let me tell ya.

The best tip I ever got was a note that said, "Don't play leapfrog with unicorns."It has saved my future offspring, let me tell ya.
LOL... nice one Ben!I'm going to try to remember that one... the next crappy waitress I get will have that little ditty written on the tab! :club:
Few of my friends deal and a floor manager where I work talked to a few floor from the Rio and he left one million for the dealers. Sick !
Good..........................what goes around comes around.......and people that dont tip...........well the dealers certainly wont be rooting for them to win.......and in case you didnt know....................it does help to have dealers like you.
Wow. You're really generous. I think that's way too much to be honest. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think dealers make a better wage than servers. I used to serve and we get paid 2.83 an hour plus tips. I think dealers make more than that.
Yes, that is true. Dealers make $2.42 more than servers. Considering that you need to know a lot more, schooling, gaming licenses, uniforms, etc. Oh and all the tips are taxed, unlike servers who claim maybe 15% of their tips. There was a rumor going around that he would tip 1 mil if he won, whether he did or not, i doubt it, but it doesnt matter. The guy doesnt care about the money, he was actually thinking of throwing the tournament away.
You tip 15%?Cheap *******. Standard Tip nowadays is at leaset 20%
I should clarify that in reality when it comes to waitstaff, I usually tip 20-25% depending on service. There are some of my favorite places we go where we tip 30% or more just to make sure we don't wait for a table or have to wait for anything next time we show up. Hell, there are some places where we can sit a table of 10 or more and they remember pretty much everything about us, what we drink, what we usually order for appetizers etc... - what goes around comes around.
Didn't Jamie Gold say he was giving it all to his sick father? If that's the case I hope he tipped out of his pocket because his dad should get the whole $12 million or Gold is a liar! lol
yeah, screw the IRS!

Obviously you all are idiots and have never had to work a job were you get paid minimum wage and your main source of income is in tips. LUCKY YOU!!! The dealers this year got paid $5.15/hr which after taxes came out to around $4.87/hr plus anything that you greedy bastards decided to tip the dealers.... which wasn't much concidering I just got my final check that was $2,384 for 83 hours of work, plus my toke rate. You have to keep in mind that we kept the games going, and if it weren't for us there would be no ****ing W.S.O.P. I just can't believe that NOT ONE person at the final table tipped ANYTHING. So either we're getting ****ed HARD by the players.... which I would like to think wasn't happening (since pretty much everyone has had to work for minimum wage at one point or another, and remembers what it was like) or by Harrahs Entertainment. I knew a million dollars was alot to ask for but come on... a little somethin' somethin' at least... :club: I would LOVE to hear some feedback on this....