A Question For Non-believers

If evoulution is the reason we are here today, then explain to me why all of a sudden it stopped. A monkey has not had a human in years.
I can't tell if this post is funnier if the poster is serious or if he's not. I especially like how the second sentence combined with the first implies that this sort of thing was commonplace but was working outside the framework of evolution.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMD believes that
  • dinosaurs didn't exist
  • most scientists think the earth is less than a million years old
  • the oceans would float off into air if there was no moon
  • Noah's flood actually happened ~2600 BC
  • The Bible was dictated by God - except those bits where there are inconsitencies
  • Calling an all-in with A2o is a good idea

Please don't ask him to supply proof. It only gets in the way of the 'truth'I think/hope that he is talking in the spiritual sense ie To walk with God == beleiving etc.If he is being literal that hundreds of thousands of Christians spent time near Jesus in the physical sense, then he is lying againFYPOHWGY

I don't believe in dinosaurs, for many reasons but 2 glaring ones are age of the earth and the fossil record- whereas the fossil record is just to smalll to really prove evolution, all of the sudden it has all kinds of evidence to support this idea. Oddly enough, that same record- shows worlwide flooding at some point. As far as the ocean thing- I stand corrected. How many times can I say I stand corrected to your dumb ***? Heads up, anything can happens. Hundreds did walk with jesus, thousands as well- as far as the number today in the spiritual sense I couldn't say. Only God could. As far as the A-2 thing- it wouldn't be the first time that someone called an all in heads up with a weak hand. You have played heads up correct? You do realize that things are a bit different then say, a full table? Or even 3 or 4 people? You know what I love more than anything? The fact that no matter what you say, how you try to cut me down, I still have the ability to believe what I want and worship who I want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it- ever. So, a rock bottom for your candy ***.
I don't believe in dinosaurs, for many reasons but 2 glaring ones are age of the earth and the fossil record- whereas the fossil record is just to smalll to really prove evolution, all of the sudden it has all kinds of evidence to support this idea. Oddly enough, that same record- shows worlwide flooding at some point.
you're either stupid or a sock puppet for the ICRcrowTraymer

What about the movie "Land Before Time"? WAS THAT ALL A CROCK!?! I don't think so. "Jurassic Park"??? Yeah. That T-Rex cartoon that Turd Ferguson likes??? That's right. Living proof dinosaurs existed.Frankly speaking, I have to admit some doubt for the following reason, as logic might put it:If Lois doesn't believe in dinosaurs, yet I cannot believe that such ignorance exists, who is perceiving reality? I am truly confounded. It's like anti-matter and matter colliding, leaving a vacuum bereft of common sense and reason.SW?PS: Don't belittle sock puppets. It makes them angry and they make your feet smell if you wear them.

Who here has ever seen a dinosaur?Actually, Land Before Time supports the young earth hypothesis. According to dogmatic "scientific" timeline, english wasn't around at the time of the dinosaurs.

You know what I love more than anything? The fact that no matter what you say, how you try to cut me down, I still have the ability to believe what I want and worship who I want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it- ever. So, a rock bottom for your candy ***.
Why on earth would I ever want to change your beliefs? I mean, seriously, you are the single best advertisment for athiesm that I know of. That and your posts are pure comedy genius.
  • The existence of dinosaurs had not even been proven. I have a hard time with dinosaurs based on god givng man dominion over all animals- hard for man to control a dinosaur, wouldn't you think?
  • Dinosaurs, are, as far as provability goes, imagination. Nowhere in written history had anyone observed a dinosaur
  • I am saying that at it's roots it is made up. A dude, who happened to be a scientists found some bones, sometimes in the same spot sometimes not. Sometimes in some sort of order- sometimes not. They were rather large bones, sometimes, but lots of times they were just partial, and had to be manipulated to get the desired effect and size of the animal that it was attached to. Except no one has seen these animals, ever, and the only visible proof is cave drawings,and even they are largely made up and are the stuff of movies. There are vague drawings of large animals, maybe- have you seen them, or pictures of them?
  • I studied Dinosaurs extensively years ago ... it is widely known that most of these " Dinosaurs " started out with less then 20% of actual bone- the rest is made up ... and kids just take it at face value, and then argue about it years later on some internet forum when in reality they have no clue.
  • Fossils? Not one complete specimen, not even close. Proof? Proof is on you on this one. I don't need to provide proof that imaginary animals existed 1,000 of years ago.
  • Really, after only looking at the Sue link your busted- 200 bones? There are 206 bones in the human body, 300 at birth- now lets figure out how many would be in a creature roughly, say, 30 times your size, and then you have an idea of how much they REALLY had to go by.
  • The earth at one time was completely submerged- everyone who has studied it will tell you this.
  • There was a great flood- every scientist knows THAT.
  • which is essentially what we are, we are made up of the same things that are in dirt!!! The best part?? That was written by a man thousands of years ago who in no way at that time could have possibly know that we came from dirt
  • The world is not even close to millions of years old - not even a million. MOST scientists actually agree with that statement these days.
  • Gravitational pull- I always thought of it as an invisisble force that among other things keep us on the ground- when I say pole it's more just giving it physical properties than anything else. '' I also was under the impression that if it wasn't for the moons gravitational pull the ocean would spill over, or more accurately would just float into the air
  • Yorke works with scientists who believe in a young earth, or rather believe that the evidence supporting young earth is stronger, and he agrees with that evidence. Is he an idiot?
  • In order to be o.k. with the bible as is you have got to have enough faith to be sure that if God took the time to have a word of God written he would protect it's integrity.
  • Either these writers are very good guessers or someone higher than they was dictating there words.
  • Who said the Bible was dictated by God?

- LoismustdieUnfortunately though, as Bill Hicks pointed out, you are also a good argument against evolution as well...

• Have you ever noticed how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved

- Bill Hicksprotege-15.jpg

"Why Do We Find Dinosaur Fossils?In Genesis 6, we read that all flesh (man and animals) had ‘corrupted his way upon the Earth’ (Genesis 6:12). Perhaps people and animals were killing each other; maybe dinosaurs had started killing other animals and humans. In any case, the Bible describes the world as ‘wicked.’Because of this wickedness, God warned a godly man named Noah that He was going to destroy the world with a Flood (Genesis 6:13). God therefore commanded him to build a great ship (the Ark) so that all the kinds of land animals (which must have included dinosaurs) and Noah’s family could survive on board while the Flood destroyed the entire Earth (Genesis 6:14-20).Some people think that dinosaurs were too big, or there were too many of them, to go on this Ark. However, there were not very many different kinds of dinosaurs. There are certainly hundreds of dinosaur names, but many of these were given to just a bit of bone or skeletons of the same dinosaur found in other countries. It is also reasonable to assume that different sizes, varieties, and sexes of the same kind of dinosaur have ended up with different names. For example, look at the many different varieties and sizes of dogs, but they are all the same kind-the dog kind! In reality, there may have been fewer than 50 kinds of dinosaurs.God sent two of every (seven of some) land animal into the Ark (Genesis 7:2-3; 7:8-9)—there were no exceptions. Therefore, dinosaurs must have been on the Ark. Even though there was ample room in the huge ship for large animals, perhaps God sent young adults into the Ark that still had plenty of room for them to grow.Well, what happened to all the land animals that did not go on the Ark? Very simply, they drowned. Many would have been covered with tons of mud as the rampaging water covered the land (Genesis 7:11-12,19). Because of this quick burial, many of the animals would have been preserved as fossils. If this happened, you would expect to find evidence of billions of dead things buried in rock layers (formed from this mud) all over the Earth. This is exactly what you do find.By the way, the Flood of Noah’s day probably occurred just over 4,500 years ago. Creationists believe that this event formed many of the fossil layers around the Earth. (Additional fossil layers were formed by other floods as the Earth settled down after the great Flood.) Thus, the dinosaur fossils which were formed as a result of this Flood were probably formed about 4,500 years ago, not millions of years ago.""Are Dinosaurs Mentioned in Ancient Literature?Interestingly, the word ‘dragon’ is used a number of times in the Old Testament. In most instances, the word dinosaur could substitute for dragon and it would fit very nicely. Creation scientists believe that dinosaurs were called dragons before the word dinosaur was invented in the 1800s. We would not expect to find the word dinosaur in Bibles like the Authorized Version (1611), as it was translated well before the word dinosaur was ever used.Also, there are many very old history books in various libraries around the world that have detailed records of dragons and their encounters with people. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly for creationists), many of these descriptions of dragons fit with how modern scientists would describe dinosaurs, even Tyrannosaurus. Unfortunately, this evidence is not considered valid by evolutionists. Why? Only because their belief is that man and dinosaurs did not live at the same time!However, the more we research the historical literature, the more we realize there is overwhelming evidence that dragons were real beasts, much like our modern reconstructions of dinosaurs, and that their existence has been recorded by many different people, even just hundreds of years ago. "

painting27.jpg " The picture is 24 X 30 acrylic painting on Job 40:15-24 described in the Bible as Behemoth, today in science as Tenontosaurus. God says, "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox... This picture shows that dinosaurs did not die off a long time before man came on the scene. It also shows Adam in the garden dwelling together in peace with the animals before sin came into the world. There is also a Proboscis Monkey, a dog, three birds and two butterflies to show that all were created by God in the six days of creation. "Oh, well that explains it then. Taken from http://www.gtpanell.com/Is that monkey wearing a hat?
painting27.jpg " The picture is 24 X 30 acrylic painting on Job 40:15-24 described in the Bible as Behemoth, today in science as Tenontosaurus. God says, "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; He eats grass like an ox... This picture shows that dinosaurs did not die off a long time before man came on the scene. It also shows Adam in the garden dwelling together in peace with the animals before sin came into the world. There is also a Proboscis Monkey, a dog, three birds and two butterflies to show that all were created by God in the six days of creation. "Oh, well that explains it then. Taken from http://www.gtpanell.com/Is that monkey wearing a hat?
i'm pretty sure God didn't create hats until the 8th day.

It would have really sucked to have been a dog back then. Dogs, which are carnivores, weren't allowed to eat meat, but they also weren't allowed to die. I bet they were part of the forbidden fruit conspiracy. A snake couldn't have done it alone.

I have found three important pieces of evidence that Dinosaurs existed and are actually still roaming among us. I challenge any of you nay-sayers to refute my findings. If you notice the specimen have adapted well over time and may even blend in with the common day species, but the evidence is undeniable. Doyle Brunson-osaurusdoyle_brunson.jpgDan Harring-ton-odondan-harrington.jpgAmarillo Slim-osaurusamarillo-slim.gif:club::D:D:D:):):):club:

You know what I love more than anything? The fact that no matter what you say, how you try to cut me down, I still have the ability to believe what I want and worship who I want and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it- ever. So, a rock bottom for your candy ***.
Right on, brother! Damn them and their "evidence" and "logical reasoning"!You keep on believing what you want to believe.
read the thread, idiot. they existed 6000 years ago, at the same time as people, dogs and monkeys with hats.
and they say the world is crazy TODAY.
When you are born, you have no understanding of religion, no concept of God, etc. You are introduced first to whatever religion is practiced in the home.
Actually that may not be true.If you read some Carl Jung, he believes there is a "collective unconscious" that is present in every human at birth. Which includes religious imagery.
I have found three important pieces of evidence that Dinosaurs existed and are actually still roaming among us. I challenge any of you nay-sayers to refute my findings. If you notice the specimen have adapted well over time and may even blend in with the common day species, but the evidence is undeniable. Doyle Brunson-osaurusdoyle_brunson.jpgDan Harring-ton-odondan-harrington.jpgAmarillo Slim-osaurusamarillo-slim.gif:club::D:D:D:):):):club:
Pay attention people! Dinosaurs above! Living, breathing, cold blooded, meat-a-saurus and veggie-saurus's!!
No, because their fossils appear in different aged strata
Not all . . . do a search. Some dinosaur fossils have been found above human fossils. How do we explain that? I don't have a clue . . . just interesting to think about.