Daniel Needs To Be In Check.

Hmmmm,There is not one soul on this planet who owes anybody anything or was put on this earth to do anything they dont want to do. If DN wants to shoot golf and tell the world about it, fine. If he wants to play poker and tell us about it, fine. If he wants to shoot craps and tell us about it, fine. I will watch the blogs for what I want to see and ignore anything I dont particularly care about. If you don't like the site or Daniel's golf score, plenty of other places to post.We are truly only here for a short time, so if you have the ability to live life the way you want to, then go for it.

Hmmmm,There is not one soul on this planet who owes anybody anything or was put on this earth to do anything they dont want to do. If DN wants to shoot golf and tell the world about it, fine. If he wants to play poker and tell us about it, fine. If he wants to shoot craps and tell us about it, fine. I will watch the blogs for what I want to see and ignore anything I dont particularly care about. If you don't like the site or Daniel's golf score, plenty of other places to post.We are truly only here for a short time, so if you have the ability to live life the way you want to, then go for it.
Are you Socrates or something?I agree with what you have to say, but I'm just saying this so Daniel doesn't lose sight of why everyone is here.

Frankly Rchang your post is very short sided. You claim that you are here for knowledge about poker. Well, Daniel has provided more poker content than just about any other pro.....PLUS he's also given you a glimps into what the rest of his life is like. He constantly shows you a poker career requires a balance in life just like any other career.Did you pay for this information? Do YOU decide how to market the brand that is Daniel Negreanu? No sir. Daniel is providing much more than a few hand histories. He's got a stat section, quizes, Fantasy leagues and yes a few golf scores and annecdotes to go with it. It's a well rounded site, story and forum.So, on that note if you'd like to respond to what he's not doing that he should be doing, show some class and ask nicely. He might listen to a sincere question, but an immature rant isn't nearly in his league.

I do follow the blog to read about Poker, dont care much about golf, but if you have been reading the blogs for a while you will see that DN said that this was his personal blog and if you wanted pure Poker, you should read the articles he writes for various Pokermagazines, so you just have to make due with what he gives you.

Frankly Rchang your post is very short sided. You claim that you are here for knowledge about poker. Well, Daniel has provided more poker content than just about any other pro.....PLUS he's also given you a glimps into what the rest of his life is like. Did you pay for this information? Do YOU decide how to market the brand that is Daniel Negreanu? No sir. Daniel is providing much more than a few hand histories. He's got a stat section, quizes, Fantasy leagues and yes a few golf scores and annecdotes to go with it. It's a well rounded site, story and forum.So, on that note if you'd like to respond to what he's not doing that he should be doing, show some class and ask nicely. He might listen to a sincere question, but an immature rant isn't nearly in his league.
Fine, point taken. Post changed."He constantly shows you a poker career requires a balance in life just like any other career."That one got me.

I completely understand the reasons why DN plays golf. If you are not a golfer you will not understand. Poker has taught me to be a better golfer, and golf has taught me to be a better poker player. Golf is a mental game just like poker.DN is able to take his mind off poker when he plays golf, but keeps all the same mental attributes sharp that he needs to play poker. Physical activity keeps the head and body sharp. If you get accustom to playing a lot of golf, your ability to play long hours of poker are sure to increase. Daniel knows this and that is why he has played so much golf leading up to the WSOP and the WSOPME in particular.All this ties into his preparation for all the events he plays.NBC Heads Up Championships: He played countless hours of Head up poker online.Watching Rocky movies before the main event.What Daniel does is different then a lot of players, but it seems to be working for him.

I dont like golf either but like dane said i think he wants it to be about his personal life not just his poker carreer which i think he does talk about most. i think it would be kinda boring if he ONLY talked about poker hands but thats me.wow im amazed at how calm everyone is.

I'm so glad someone had the guts to make a serious intelligent postThis is like a moment of clarity for this forumCan someone possibly make his a ceramic vase?
hahah lol
Less Golf, More Poker.Its a WSOP Poker Blog. Thank you!
Ummm, yah, I think it's his website so he probably feels he can do whatever he wants. Don't watch if you don't like it.

I disagree cause I also love golf and work in the golf business and love to hear daniel tlak about golf.. and get to see the swing lol...its his blog so he can really talk about whatever he wants ...So keep the golf comming

I think the one thing you see in DN's video blogs is that he has a life other than Poker and that it has a lot to do with his sucess. He lives! Perhaps that is why he is always appears so relaxed around the table and knows how to work a table. I think that is a poker lessen in itself. Look around from time to time and take it easy...hit a golf ball..take in a good flick....Poker will always be there.Folks this gentleman is playing for 12 million dollars and he still takes the time to shake hands, do video blogs, and be a ease about the whole thing. The guy pisses ice cubes. Lighten up. Go get a smoothie with you kids.

Are you Socrates or something?I agree with what you have to say, but I'm just saying this so Daniel doesn't lose sight of why everyone is here.
Why everyone is here? Since when do you speak for everyone? You certainly don't speak for me.I prefer to read/hear Daniels comments about poker in the context of his other activities and thoughts. If the blog contained only discussions about poker games and hand analyses, I would soon wander off.Also, as I said in another thread on the same topic, I enjoy Daniels discussion of golf, poker, social events, and other games. It reminds me of hanging out with my family (whom I don't get to see very often). I take Daniel's blog as I find it I don't try to dictate what it "should" be or tell him what to do. Life's more interesting (and genuine) that way.

Hey what's up...I am a newbie here and just started checking out Daniel's video blogs. As an avid poker player and a fan of Daniel, I have to say that I like the format of his video blogs. It shows a personal side to him as well as giving us the nuts and bolts of why we're here to begin with, poker. I like that he balances stuff out and takes the time to fill us in on the many aspects that encompasse his world. It's not just a view of his world, but that of a pro poker player. What's more, I think it also provides something more important above everything, a connection, an avenue to show that he is a REAL person, not just some poker playing machine. I appreciate that. I appreciate the fact that he takes the time to do these video blogs and what's more, that they are genuine, as genuine as he is. This is one of the main reasons why I like Daniel. Not only is he an amazing poker player, but he is real. He chooses to share with us his likes and passions, poker and golf. If this were my blog it would probably be about poker and music, spewing off details about new bands, concerts I have been to or any aspect of DJing. This is his corner of the web, so let him do what and speak about what he wishes.The bottom line is I think it just shows him as a person, not some fake as blow hard bag of hot air, not some unapproachable machine, not some larger than life being, a regular joe and a cool one at that! That being said, I am glad to be here, hope I can contribute something to this forum and lastly, give 'em hell Daniel! Good luck!That's my two cents...Ratpacker13

if the OP seriously watched the vlogs (he felt confident enough to criticize them) he SHOULD have heard the part about DN tlaking about the other idiot who posted the exact same thing....good job!

I am a newbie to the forum. I like poker a lot and follow it quite abit. I am a little confused. Maybe someone here can help me out. I thought that DN is a small, kinda goofy looking, white guy. I must be wrong. If you can help me with this please let me know.Thank you,DCGreenie

I'm so glad someone had the guts to make a serious intelligent postThis is like a moment of clarity for this forumCan someone possibly make his a ceramic vase?
You missed the last two days of his trolling, I take it?
You missed the last two days of his trolling, I take it?
Wait.I'm now guessing that yours was a sarcastic post.Yeah, I'm quick like that.

I am a huge fan of the video blogs. The only negative is that I can no longer read the blog while I am at work so I have to wait til I get home in the evenings to watch it. No big deal though, the video blog is excellent and does an even better job than the written blog of giving us an insight into the "life of a professional poker player."