When To Look At Your Cards, Right Away Or When Action Gets To You?

While playing in tournaments around town and with my boys i usually look at everyone else look at their cards and then look down at mine when the action gets to me. While playing in the event i played in i again used the same tactic. However the deeper i made it the more and more i felt that i was better off looking at my cards right away!! Sure i might miss something if someone acts right away but when i moved to the table with rafe, mihn nguyen, this other guy that had won the seniors event and this dude ed jordon who came in 3rd at foxwoods this year(entered final table with chip lead) I felt like i was at a disadvantage if i waited as they are much much better than i at picking up tells and reading players. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys that played this year and had some pro's at your table and which you think is the better time to look, right away or when action gets to you??

I always look when the action gets to me. I don't want to miss anything. If you're giving off tells when you look at your cards your opponents will probablly notice them anyways. You just have to practice making sure you're going to use the same posture with the KK or 74s.

While playing in tournaments around town and with my boys i usually look at everyone else look at their cards and then look down at mine when the action gets to me. While playing in the event i played in i again used the same tactic. However the deeper i made it the more and more i felt that i was better off looking at my cards right away!! Sure i might miss something if someone acts right away but when i moved to the table with rafe, mihn nguyen, this other guy that had won the seniors event and this dude ed jordon who came in 3rd at foxwoods this year(entered final table with chip lead) I felt like i was at a disadvantage if i waited as they are much much better than i at picking up tells and reading players. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys that played this year and had some pro's at your table and which you think is the better way to look, right away or when action gets to you??
You wont be able to tell anything preflop unless the opponent has an isane tell where he smiles when he sees pairs and frowns when he sees 2,7check your cards out before action get to you, less people checking you out.also, best tme to scope other players is the flop, i sometimes dont look at the flop but rather will watch what others reactions are

Look at your cards when the action is on you or else you are missing a big part of the game. Also for me it is easier to hide the identity of my hand when I wait for the action to get to me.

You wont be able to tell anything preflop unless the opponent has an isane tell
I have two people in my regular game that look at their cards early and give significant tells.
While playing in tournaments around town and with my boys i usually look at everyone else look at their cards and then look down at mine when the action gets to me. While playing in the event i played in i again used the same tactic. However the deeper i made it the more and more i felt that i was better off looking at my cards right away!! Sure i might miss something if someone acts right away but when i moved to the table with rafe, mihn nguyen, this other guy that had won the seniors event and this dude ed jordon who came in 3rd at foxwoods this year(entered final table with chip lead) I felt like i was at a disadvantage if i waited as they are much much better than i at picking up tells and reading players. Just wanted to get some feedback from you guys that played this year and had some pro's at your table and which you think is the better time to look, right away or when action gets to you??
i hate when people post questions that they already know the answer to

It would really depend on how well you can pick up tells, and how many tells you give off.If you are giving off heaps, then look straight away.If you are really good at picking them up, then wait.

However the deeper i made it the more and more i felt that i was better off looking at my cards right away!! Sure i might miss something if someone acts right away but when i moved to the table with rafe, mihn nguyen, this other guy that had won the seniors event and this dude ed jordon who came in 3rd at foxwoods this year(entered final table with chip lead) I felt like i was at a disadvantage if i waited as they are much much better than i at picking up tells and reading players.
If you do not look, and therefore do not know, what "tell" could they pick up ?If you look out of turn, and therefore KNOW you do or do not have a hand, THAT'S when they could get a tell.Makes it an easy answer, huh ?
I put my hand over my computer until the action gets to me so I dont give off any online tells
thats a good idea i never thought of that :club: