Standard Fold Of The Nuts Here Right?

ok, tribeca 15k gtd, $27 rebuy, down to the final 3.stacks are 470k for me, 400k for villian, 220k for the other guy. ive been chipping away at them both since it got down to 3 way. blinds 6k/12kvillian limps on the button, SB limps, i check with A6ddflop comes Jc Qh Ks and is checked around. turn is Tc. SB checks, i bet 20k, villian pushes, SB folds, I fold?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, tribeca 15k gtd, $27 rebuy, down to the final 3.stacks are 470k for me, 400k for villian, 220k for the other guy. ive been chipping away at them both since it got down to 3 way. blinds 6k/12kvillian limps on the button, SB limps, i check with A6ddflop comes Jc Qh Ks and is checked around. turn is Tc. SB checks, i bet 20k, villian pushes, SB folds, I fold?
The only hand to be worried about is A :club: X :D. I say it's a terrible, terrible fold.
depends what you think the next card will be.ffishh
I just dont understand the logic in folding. You are leading or tied. Not a chance of being behind at all. So why fold?
he is worried the guy is free rolling him.

thats a def call only hand you could be scared of this the clubs and 95% he has the same hand, i think thats one of the rare times i would be calling to chop the pot, its just to obvious

i think you are all too quick to dismiss the OP. In a cash game I'm calling here. and in a tourney, I probably call too. But the best case scenario is that we are calling for a chop. We are only invested a BB, and do we really want to let our opponent freeroll against us for our entire chipstack? UNless we have a very solid read that the better is trying to steal this pot (which wouild make no sense, since he's almost always getting called by an ace) then I really don't mind the fold here. With such little invested, a decent stack, and I assume a steep payout structure in the top 5, I just have a problem auto calling for a chop and possible letting our opponent freeroll against us. That being said, I don't think I ever would fold the nuts. flame away.erac

No player this dumb makes the final 3 of a rebuy tourney, I call shennanigans.
but its standard for a player dumb enough to be bluffing on this board to make the final 3?

I could almost build a case for a fold here using very liberal assumptions. let's say=There is a 10% chance this is a bluff, a 10% chance he has the same hand (i.e. an ace) and a 80% chance he is freerolling (A :club: x :D )If you call and the hand plays out here is the expected value of those various plays.Bluff hero wins $806,000 (not counting small chance of tie)Same hand Hero wins $403,000Freerolling villian hits 28% soHero wins $314,340Times the % assignedBluff $80,600same hand $40,300free rolling $232,126Hero calls $368,000 with an expected value of winning $353,028. Fairly close if you think it is 80% ou are against an opponent frerolling. But I would not think you are able to make that assumption. Given a smaller chance of a freeroll it is an easy call. The overbet is what makes it so close.

I could almost build a case for a fold here using very liberal assumptions. let's say=There is a 10% chance this is a bluff, a 10% chance he has the same hand (i.e. an ace) and a 80% chance he is freerolling (A :club: x :D )If you call and the hand plays out here is the expected value of those various plays.Bluff hero wins $806,000 (not counting small chance of tie)Same hand Hero wins $403,000Freerolling villian hits 28% soHero wins $314,340Times the % assignedBluff $80,600same hand $40,300free rolling $232,126Hero calls $368,000 with an expected value of winning $353,028. Fairly close if you think it is 80% ou are against an opponent frerolling. But I would not think you are able to make that assumption. Given a smaller chance of a freeroll it is an easy call. The overbet is what makes it so close.
this is an EXTREMELY liberal assumption