tilt the season closer

I thought it was solid. I liked seeing David Williams in it. I think there are two threads already going on this topic in the TV section

It was nice to see David Williams get all in against the Matador with the best of it. The heads up match was a joke... I wanted to see them duke it out with marginal hands and pull some legendary bluffs, but it was just a frickin flopped set vs. flopped top two pair. I mean, come on...

Ever think it was similar to the coverage you see on TV? Where you only see the most TV-ready hands? Like I said in another thread, this show is built for the casual poker watcher who is going to go "Ooo Aah" at that hand. It was a great ending to the season (and possibly the series all-together, although they imply that Clark and Miami are going to Europe with Eddie), considering its target audience.

a few things about the final episode. over all it was very good, but a couple questions. what happened to the corrupt cop? is he safe in utah or w/e? they dont color up the 10,000 dollar chips with 15,000,000 in play? i personally dont like 850 chips in front of me.

Ever think it was similar to the coverage you see on TV?  Where you only see the most TV-ready hands?  Like I said in another thread, this show is built for the casual poker watcher who is going to go "Ooo Aah" at that hand.  It was a great ending to the season (and possibly the series all-together, although they imply that Clark and Miami are going to Europe with Eddie), considering its target audience.
Yeah, I know WHY they made the heads up action that way, I'm just saying I wish they didn't make it that way. And, dude, even real poker on TV doesn't make all the hands they show THAT TV-ready.I actually enjoy this show for the drama, and not at all for the poker. The poker pretty much sucks. But as far as a dramatic series goes, it's got me hooked.
a few things about the final episode.  over all it was very good, but a couple questions.  what happened to the corrupt cop?  is he safe in utah or w/e?  they dont color up the 10,000 dollar chips with 15,000,000 in play?  i personally dont like 850 chips in front of me.
Last year's championship had 10K and 25K chips in play.I hear this year Harrah's is going to use 100K chips.
a few things about the final episode.  over all it was very good, but a couple questions.  what happened to the corrupt cop?  is he safe in utah or w/e?  they dont color up the 10,000 dollar chips with 15,000,000 in play?  i personally dont like 850 chips in front of me.
The corrupt cop got arrested. After he left the office of the owner of the Colorado, the owner called the police and tipped them off as to where the cop was and was going. Yeah, I know WHY they made the heads up action that way, I'm just saying I wish they didn't make it that way. And, dude, even real poker on TV doesn't make all the hands they show THAT TV-ready. I know, but they gotta make the target audience happy.
Last year's championship had 10K and 25K chips in play.I hear this year Harrah's is going to use 100K chips.
They can do what I do at my home tourneys for 1K chips, use the $1 chips :-)I liked the show and thought the finale was good too. I love how they bet on him to win, ha ha now he doesn't know if he won it or if he lost it on purpose :-)

the final table episode on the final episode went exactly how i thought it would bedid you expect to see Don look down in the small blind at 5 :) 7 :D shake his head, and say nope, cant do it and ,muck his cards??i did like the twist of matador's hot daughter betting all of the money on Eddie in the heads up match though (even if it was very unrealistic, i bet on sports all the time, there is no way vegas lets those bets go through but i will let you Tilt fans have one saving grace and not comment on that). that was awesome

Looking forward to next season.
agreed..hopefully they change some things around and next season (if there is one) will be better..last episode was good, one of my fav episodes all season..
Nickel's face was cut up a bit at the end.  When the Matador's lawyer was talking to reporters at the end I don't recall seeing the Matador's face looking like he took a beating.  Anyways just wanted everyone's opinion on that.
You could see he had a black eye under his sunglasses.

I don't know why this bothered me, but...Did anyone else noticed how poorly the actors shuffled their chips and threw in their bets. Even the way they checked was rushed and uncomfortable looking. You would think they could have practiced that kind of thing before trying to act like pros.I mentioned this to my girlfriend and she told me i need a life. i think she might be right.

I only watch the show cause I'm an admitted poker junkie. I think it's fairly putrid, but as an addict, I have no choice but to watch it!The final episode was as bad as all the others. The acting of the blonde ("Miami") was amazingly bad. Her actions at the table and in the "interview" after she lost just screamed "ACTING"!I was also confused by the hero's thinking on the final hand. Deciding on whether to call Matador's all-in bet, he thinks to himself "Did you slow-play pocket Aces or Kings?" Um... how is raising 1 million pre-flop slow-playing? And putting him on AK? Uh, okay. I like how he even knew that the Matador had AK of diamonds.And really, when you flop a set, there's not much question that you have to call that all-in bet, especially without a strong straight or flush possibility out there. You can't be afraid of set over set.Bah, this is wasting much too much time on this show. But I'll probably catch next season's episodes anyways. I have no shame! :D

I'm wondering why they chose not to announce the prize money and miami and mini-dmx won because they both finished high and miami was at the final table. So the three of them must have a nice chunk of change that maybe they'll go after the Matador again next season.