I Had A Really Bad Trip

Ok, so I tried DMT(similar to LSD) for the first time on Friday. It was my first taste of an illegal drug apart from one toke from a spliff ages ago.I drank it, and it tasted like puke, but worse. Really really horrible. Then nothing happened for about an hour and a half, and I actually gave up on it and had some takeaway. Straight after finishing the food I started feeling lightheaded, and things began to look different.At first I couldn't put my finger on it, it was so subtle, but it became obvious that everything was vivid, and the colours were amazing. This was really amazing. I was also feeling high. Everything was cool and great and funny. It was sweet. The funniest thing actually, was watching the tv. The newsreader's lips were moving in fast-forward, while everything else was at normal speed, including her words. I got sick, and while I was puking it was as if I was a guest in my own head, watching myself throwing up. It was exactly like Being John Malkovich. Really weird :club: I went back in to the tv room and sat down, and the good times lasted for another short while, before very quickly things went bad. Just like that I was consumed by despair. It was really horrible. I've never felt so bad in my life. I sat on the couch for a while, and then went to bed to try and sleep. But the despair was absolutely unbearable, and I got up and asked my friend to get a doctor or take me to the hospital so they could give me something to send me to sleep. He said that would be no good, because reasonably enough they wouldn't give me any priority, and I'd be sitting in a waiting room for hours.I was on the verge of asking my friend to knock me unconscious, because I knew when I woke up I would feel better. There was no way I could bear it for much longer.My friend suggested we go for a walk outside, and thankfully it worked. The fresh air and the exercise really helped, and while I felt bad for the rest of the night, and I still am feeling some effects, the really bad period had passed.I'm sad to say it, but I'm on the side of those who want to keep psychedelics illegal now, because I dread to think what I would have done if I lived in America for example, and had access to a gun.

Did anybody else think this was gonna be a "I blew all my money on hookers and blow and playing blackjack".....on second thought that would be an AWE-some trip.

Did anybody else think this was gonna be a "I blew all my money on hookers and blow and playing blackjack".....on second thought that would be an AWE-some trip.
I wish.

You had a bad trip because you didn't prepare correctly. Never take any psychadelic (sp?) drugs unless you'll be doing something to entertain yourself...other than just sitting around and watching tv. You set yourself up for failure.

If you are going to venture into the world of mind-altering substances, the least you can do is educate yourself about it before trying.........I suggest going to www.erowid.com. You can find out all the info you need about any substance of that nature...

Yeah...one trip to Erowid and you would've realized that DMT is bad, bad ****. Also on Erowid go to the caffiene page and try to find the story about the guy who did 21 No-Doz and woke up in his closet naked covered in yellow vomit. But seriously...that site is fascinating...even if you don't do drugs.

But seriously...that site is fascinating...even if you don't do drugs.
Agreed. Some crazy stories on that site....
I'm sad to say it, but I'm on the side of those who want to keep psychedelics illegal now, because I dread to think what I would have done if I lived in America for example, and had access to a gun.
It's a good thing you were too f'ed up to realize you did have access to knives, scissors, rat poison, nail clippers, your fists, blunt objects, and other such dangerous devices.
I'm sad to say it, but I'm on the side of those who want to keep psychedelics illegal now, because I dread to think what I would have done if I lived in America for example, and had access to a gun.
Before I reply to that, I want to also stress visiting Erowid.com. That place is a fucking haven for advice and proper caution, etc. I have a question: is this DMT the stuff that you posted the recipe for? If it is, then you know what my reaction is. However, if you actually bought it from someone, then it's different.But you say that because you had a bad trip, you want to keep psychadelics illegal?Give me a fucking break.I don't even want to talk about it. I don't know why I'm posting. But I had an awful trip while I was on shrooms with two friends that I will never forget. I know the feeling you're talking about - despair . . . waiting for the drug to let go of you. It was the biggest horror I've ever faced in my entire life, a new kind of horror that I might not confront again until I'm in the hold of another mind-altering drug as powerful as that.But just because you reacted badly to it don't condemn it. Dat's wrong on so many levels.
It's a good thing you were too f'ed up to realize you did have access to knives, scissors, rat poison, nail clippers, your fists, blunt objects, and other such dangerous devices.
Once again, loogie prevails with the most simple of weapons, common-sense. Too bad most people don't have access to THAT weapon.

Ok, to answer a few points:Regarding all the good advice about researching, I did read quite a lot on the net about DMT. I read some stuff on erowid, but I researched mostly on dmtworld and drugs-forum.co.uk. I didn't get the impression that it was an extremely dangerous drug. All the warnings were about dietary restrictions, and i followed them completely. Speedz, I also never read anything about keeping myself entertained. In literally every trip report I read the protagonist just sat somewhere or lay on a bed and let the drug take effect.Loogie, I was actually completely lucid. I was just really, incredibly, depressed. Demonde, it's exactly that thing. I made it up myself. I wasn't careful enough, and I used too much root bark in the recipe (half as much again as I should have).However, my stance is if I can have a bad trip (for whatever reason) others can have a bad trip too. And some people are going to do themselves serious harm. Actually, I would bet my life that some people have done themselves serious harm.I also am quite a depressive person in general, and I ignored warnings against using DMT/LSD while in a bad state of mind. But if they made it legal, what would they do? Put a label on the packaging saying "If you're not a happy and confident person don't take this or it will send you into a state of horrible despair"? Or would they make you take a psychological test before they let you buy it? :club:

i wanna do peyote sometime, like the natives.
DCP_0201-1.jpgOh, and come on . . . you made it yourself.Are you even sure that what you created can be realistically be classified as DMT?

That's rough man. If you ever are interested in taking psychedelics again, try mushrooms. They're natural, and if you just take a small amount you will have a fairly mellow response. Then if you love it, you can take more next time. Also I would stress that you need to be in a very comfortable situation, with people that you are very comfortable with, and NEVER alone. I suggest doing it during the day, and being somewhere outside and uncrowded.

That's rough man. If you ever are interested in taking psychedelics again, try mushrooms. They're natural, and if you just take a small amount you will have a fairly mellow response. Then if you love it, you can take more next time. Also I would stress that you need to be in a very comfortable situation, with people that you are very comfortable with, and NEVER alone. I suggest doing it during the day, and being somewhere outside and uncrowded.
I sorta think doing them at night fucked with me. I've never done them during the day, and wonder if that'd make everything better.
i.e. Jamaica
in my experience with these sorts of drugs, this is the most important thing. sunshine in the summer is a tripper's best friend.also, try to start your trip off with a nice, happy album. my personal favorite for this purpose is magical mystery tour, but jimi hendrix and mike oldfield can take you to some weird, weird places if you're up for it.

I had a really bad trip off a joint laced with something a while back. I'm still not sure what, but I ended up passing out twice while standing (and smoking my head off the ground both times) before my friends got me up to my room. When I passed out, it seemed like hours, filled with psychadelic anime-style dreams, only to awake seconds later. My buddy who knows his shit told me he thought it was crystal meth, and made me stay awake for a few hours. Worst 3 hours of my life. After puking everything in my stomach in the first hour, I continued dry heaving for another solid hour. Definitely the worst night of my life so far. I woke up the next morning feeling like I got hit by a rather large truck, and continued to feel like hell for the next few days. Since then, I've learned how to inspect my weed, and I'm sticking to pot, shrooms, and booze. Now that I think back, I think there might have been some salvia in the J, the fucked up dreams being my biggest clue (even though salvia is only supposed to last for a short time). Anyone here know what might have caused those symptoms? I've always wondered exactly what was in that joint.

..finally an OT thread I know and can contribute too..

Also I would stress that you need to be in a very comfortable situation, with people that you are very comfortable with, and NEVER alone. I suggest doing it during the day, and being somewhere outside and uncrowded.
This is so huge.If you don't trust the people/environment/setting/situation you will have a bad trip. Be around friends and/or people you trust. Make sure it's a day you'll have no obligations. Make sure it'll be far enough away from the general public you won't do anything incriminating/illegal/hospitilization worthy--i.e. Going to the Iowa State Fair with 100,000 other folks on a Saturday afternoon--trust me, bad idea.Honestly? Go camping. It's the best time, ever. And BTW, don't fuck around with DMT--I've heard very little good and a whole lot bad.
stick with clean acid and shrooms if you're into psychadelics, IMHO, although the former once led to me ****ing a demon.
I talked to my best friend's cat for an hour and a half once, on shrooms. We watched the grass try and swallow my leg, and then were convinced we should wander into the woods and go hunting.I also named him, King Rex. His name was Kato.
I talked to my best friend's cat for an hour and a half once, on shrooms. We watched the grass try and swallow my leg, and then were convinced we should wander into the woods and go hunting.I also named him, King Rex. His name was Kato.
:club: animals in general are awesome. they'll stare at you for hours sometimes, and they, like, totally get it, man.i also remember the iowa grass going all crazy on me a couple of times: waving in the wind, turning into ghosts, and dancing around me; and also turning into play doh as i rolled around in it.man, i miss mushrooms.