Have any of you read it and if so how is it when compared to other books? Thanks for your help.
It's amazing. Great book. Helps you put things in perspective. The best parts are sometimes the most overlooked, like his elements of a hand, make sure you get everything he says, and remember it's a tournament book. It's amazing.

If you play tournament NL HE poker, then it is a must have for your library. Easy to read, does an excellent job in explaining his play concepts and the quizzes at the end of each chapter are very well thought out.

• 2 weeks later...

the 1st. volume is super, & vol. 2 should be a "must Read" also...as far as for advanced players? any new point of view is good, i think...

An advanced player can get a lot out of this book. Dan's style is different from a lot of other books out there and the way he explains his thought process on them is very good.I think a must have for any person wanting to play Tourney NLHE.

This book is outstanding. I have really gleaned a lot from it on first read, and really feel that I will pick up even more upon subsequent readings/review.It's written very conversational as well. I'm having my wife read it as I finish it up. Very, very good book.

for an advanced player, this book might be even more useful.
That's the way I feel.I feel like I'm picking up a lot of nuggets from this book. They hit me from nowhere, and I think...uhm, duh...but I hadnt' looked at it that way before.Highest reccomends.
  • 2 weeks later...

Read it 3 times now (I suck at reading comprehension) and I love it. It increased my ROI on sngs from around 10% to near 30%. It's geared more towards amateur players, but I'm sure even skilled players can pick up a few things.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only half way through it, and if I only had one word to describe it, it would be WOW :!: I've read many b0oks so far, and I think this one is the best of the bunch when you look at NL Holdem (a lot of the other books have various poker games, while this book is geared towards one specific game only). He has opened my eyes to so much more than what I was doing (and I thought I was looking at far more than most players at the limits I play at. The hand analysis' are awesome, especially when he gives them from different players perspectives (like the first one from the 2003 WSOP final table). I got this book as a package deal with SS2, and think this is the better book by far (sorry Daniel). I will definately be looking for Volume 2 as soon as I have finished Volume 1 :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, it's all over the inet how revolutionizing Harrington on Hold'em is. Serious players are swearing by this book. I was so pumped to get it because so far every book I own is the same material wrapped in different filler material.Would someone please point out why this book is so mind blowing and maybe a page number that says something that hasn't been already said before?On a side note:What do you think about his hand he discussed, when Sammy had 99 and Dan had AK. He basically justified how passive he played preflop because a 9 hit and he would have lost a lot of his stack.Sammy Farha has less then optimal raising standards. If Dan Harrington re-raises Sammy will know he's probably in trouble and more than likely dominated. The ONLY way Dan would lose the hand would be if a nine hit the flop. any broadway card and I'm betting Sam would toss it in the muck. Dan said that he wanted to keep his volatility down...but given sammy's raising standards, personally I would be almost certain it was something like a mid PP and given the fact that Dan Harrington is the tightest person in the history of theh world, I'm almost positive if a 9 wouldn't have fell, Dan would have won the hand.If Dan would have raised, sammy called. Lets say a flop like Q 7 2 hit. Do you think:Sammy would test bet fold to a raise?Check and fold?Re-raise knowing Dan is using his tight image and Sammy's LAG image to make a move?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This book is excellent! A must for any tounament player. Great strategy and well written. He explains NL tourney play in an easy understandable style and illustrates concepts with real game situations. Get this book you will not be sorry!chazt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone read volume 2? I got my copy yesterday and from a quick browse it look great. I believe volume 1 was the greatest book i read about no limit strategies.
Just starting vol. 2, great book so far.

Don't buy it. Only I can read it. Just keep calling with 1 outers. I guess I have to be honest. These books are so good people used it against Harrington and it is partially why he thinks he was knocked out of the event this year.