High Stakes Poker V2.0

Looking forward to your reports Daniel. The first series is what has got me into poker. The amounts of money being put onto the table when the player has nothing is just astounding. Will miss your $1 million all ins, but looking forward to watching you, Sammy Farha, ?Jen, and hopefully Phil H to add a bit of bleeping entertainment.

I'm interested to know who is playing this time. Season 1 had a very interesting dynamic with Sammy gambling, Sheiky being himself, Jerry watching the action, and Phil....I just can't believe he's not buying in for a million. What happens if somebody quadruples up?!?! Nah, I like his buy in amount. Sure he can throw his weight around with a million in front of him but I'm sure he'll make sure he has enough in front of him to keep others covered.

This is one of the best poker shows on TV. I wish that a production company could fiqure out how to do the graphics for a mixed game format. The editing would be tough. I guess they think the appeal would be there.Can't wait.

I would also like to see Ivey and Hansen play.
I totally agree with this. Everytime I've seen Ivey play he's been really passive, not very impressive. On the other hand Hansen has always impressed me but he's been so quiet recently, he needs to prove his consistency.

Any chance season 2 will air somewhere other than GSN this time?I know I'm not alone saying I still haven't seen one episode of the last season, other than the links posted here a few days ago.Major bummer :(GL Daniel.(And speaking of sushi, the Little Buddah at the Palms serves up very good Asian grub! check it out)

I know I'm not alone saying I still haven't seen one episode of the last season, other than the links posted here a few days ago.
It doesn't air in the UK at all as far as I know, I rely on torrents for my High Stakes. All we get here is annoying celebrity poker specials, and a few WPTs.
Any chance season 2 will air somewhere other than GSN this time?
It has been renewed by GSN, so my guess is you're out of luck. I hate relying on torrents myself, but atleast that way you can have a copy for a while to watch over and over again.
I totally agree with this. Everytime I've seen Ivey play he's been really passive, not very impressive. On the other hand Hansen has always impressed me but he's been so quiet recently, he needs to prove his consistency.
Ivey... passive? you forgot the sw
It has been renewed by GSN, so my guess is you're out of luck. I hate relying on torrents myself, but atleast that way you can have a copy for a while to watch over and over again.
Torrent's are better anyway, on tv there's commercials literally every 5 minutes.
Pardon moi, but for us cyber challenged folk, explain aforementioned 'torrents'? and where we would view such?Thanks!
You can download torrents by way of file sharing. You need torrent software such as Bitcomet (just search for it, it's free), and then use one of numerous torrent searching resourses such as isohunt.com. As nell789 said, commercials are cut out. If you check the TV Forum, links to the downloads are usually provided shortly after the show airs.
You can download torrents by way of file sharing. You need torrent software such as Bitcomet (just search for it, it's free), and then use one of numerous torrent searching resourses such as isohunt.com. As nell789 said, commercials are cut out. If you check the TV Forum, links to the downloads are usually provided shortly after the show airs.
I do this every week and it works out fine for me.
I don't think anyone knows exactly what he lost, but he did recoup a lot of his earlier losses.
Actually a lot of people know what he lost.... he posted it in his blog the day it happened...When time ran out, I'd won more than anyone else had in one session. Of course, I also LOST the most in one session the day before! Not surprising really, as my style dictates that I will have very high fluctuations. When I'm hitting some hands and they hold up, I'll bust a lot of people. Conversely, when either I'm not hitting any flops or my hands aren't holding up, I'll take some big losses.The final tally was a $347,400 win. Add that to the $50,000 I won playing props over three days, and the whole show cost me $264 100. While that's a lot of money, it felt like a win since I was losing about $750,000 at one point.The players were also paid an hourly rate to be part of the show that ended up being about $1250 per hour. So with that bonus, I ended up losing less than a quarter million. Not great, but not all that horrible either.http://tinyurl.com/nu5vb
Yeah....I don't think Phil Ivey is an impressive poker player either. I can't believe how one guy can get so lucky ALL THE TIME!!! Seriously....if it wasn't for that guy's luck, he'd be broke in a week playing $1/$2 NL.
Yeah....I don't think Phil Ivey is an impressive poker player either. I can't believe how one guy can get so lucky ALL THE TIME!!! Seriously....if it wasn't for that guy's luck, he'd be broke in a week playing $1/$2 NL.
yeah, i'll bet.
roflI guess all the other top pros saying he is the guy they fear the most is just them jacking him around, trying to keep his donkey butt in the seat at their table.Factoring in the value of TV exposure, a $250,000 loss is probably not that much of a loss btw.Monty
  • 1 month later...
roflI guess all the other top pros saying he is the guy they fear the most is just them jacking him around, trying to keep his donkey butt in the seat at their table.Factoring in the value of TV exposure, a $250,000 loss is probably not that much of a loss btw.Monty
ROFL everytime you see him? you mean on TV? ROFL you guys based your opinions on tv shows that are edited, why dont you try to play phil one on one any game high stakes cash... then you can write your opinions :club:
Pardon moi, but for us cyber challenged folk, explain aforementioned 'torrents'? and where we would view such?Thanks!
Or just buy a Directv DVR or Tivo like I did and skip the commercials. Yes, I was the last one on earth to buy one and I cant believe I waited this long! One of the greatest inventions ever!