High Stakes Poker...season 2!

It looks like there's going to be another season of High Stakes Poker. 16 more episodes. Of course, Doyle, Daniel, and Sam will all be back (according to the article). I for one, am looking forward to it.http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060405/law107.html?.v=35

2 Suggestions:1) GSN should rid themselves of AJ Benza2) No more than 10 commercial breaks
The commercials annoy me too, after like 5 minutes of play they go to commercial.
1) GSN should rid themselves of AJ Benza
"The popular duo of co-host AJ Benza and actor turned poker player, Gabe Kaplan, will both return to call the second season of HIGH STAKES POKER."

Another suggestion, spell Daniel's name correctly. Nice press release:"Joining HIGH STAKES POKER again are some of the best players in the world including, Doyle Brunson, Daniel Negreau and Sam Farha who each will risk hundreds of thousands..."I do agree though; this is by far the most entertaining poker show on tv.

Another suggestion, spell Daniel's name correctly. Nice press release:"Joining HIGH STAKES POKER again are some of the best players in the world including, Doyle Brunson, Daniel Negreau and Sam Farha who each will risk hundreds of thousands..."I do agree though; this is by far the most entertaining poker show on tv.
It's not even a very hard name to spell, but ppl are idiots.
It's not even a very hard name to spell, but ppl are idiots.
If it is not an English name, it is hard to spell.Americans only know how to spell Bush, Smith, and Brown. Even Cheney is too hard to spell.

The article says they will be taping April 10th and 11th. The 11th is the WSOP Ciruit Event at Ceasar's Palace. In Daniel's travel schedule, it says he will play in the Circiut event... I guess he'll skip it and play HSP.

I'm addicted to it. I just wish you could hear the table talk better. Half the fun is listening in on the conversation -- what little you can hear of it. .... Too much AJ and Gabe.I hope Daniel writes about it in his blog. It has been some comfort during the losing episodes to know he eventually recovered most of his losses.llou

I can't even watch the tournament poker anymore. It's just horrible now. After watching this show the others just suck. This is the kind of poker I loved about season 1 of the WPT. A lot of post flop play. I hate the all in crap. IMO it does not make for good TV.

I can't even watch the tournament poker anymore. It's just horrible now. After watching this show the others just suck. This is the kind of poker I loved about season 1 of the WPT. A lot of post flop play. I hate the all in crap. IMO it does not make for good TV.
After I saw the live event from Turning Stone that was on FSN, other tournament poker had the volume turned down by comparison. This also taught me that it was okay to fold sometimes in HU situations.
2 Suggestions:1) GSN should rid themselves of AJ Benza2) No more than 10 commercial breaks
Just torrent it, no commercials....... 41 to 43 minute program without the commercials and you now have it archived!

I find it prett entertaining too. Plus, thers is no game over factor. If you watch a WPT show, if it's 9:55 you know it's going to be over in 5 minutes.However with high stakes poker, it's more about the individual hand. Plus, all the players know each other so the banter back and forth is quite good. They've also selected a very high quality of player with different styles. I don't mind Gabe Kaplan. He's been around the game for ever. AJ is not horrible.

I'm wondering how far of a stretch it will be now that High Stakes Poker was a success to make a version with a mixed game similar to that played in the Bellagio's "Big Game". I know that NL Texas Holdem is the game that most play and probably half of those watching don't know the rules to any other game but I still think it would be awesome to watch a High Stakes Mixed Game that they could truly call "High Stakes Poker" and not just "High Stakes Hold'em". Probably just a pipe dream because its not nearly as marketable as NLHE but would still be sweet to see.

It will be interesting to see, if Daniel buys in for more than everyone else again. It definately was an ambitious approach to this game (I'm wondering why most of the others only bought only for the minimum - afraid to be embarrassed on tv?) but it didn't work for him, in epsiode 10 he nearly lost his whole stack.My guess is, that he'll do it exactly the same way again and with a little more luck, he'll win a lot of money.

I'm wondering how far of a stretch it will be now that High Stakes Poker was a success to make a version with a mixed game similar to that played in the Bellagio's "Big Game". I know that NL Texas Holdem is the game that most play and probably half of those watching don't know the rules to any other game but I still think it would be awesome to watch a High Stakes Mixed Game that they could truly call "High Stakes Poker" and not just "High Stakes Hold'em". Probably just a pipe dream because its not nearly as marketable as NLHE but would still be sweet to see.
I just don't think you will see a HSP mixed game for a while. The reason nl hold em is so popular is because of ESPN and the WSOP. They barely show anything but nlhe on ESPN and until they start showing more that a 30 minute final table of the other games I doubt you will see those games become more popular. Now, if ESPN gives the new HORSE tournament the coverage it deserves than you may see a HSP mixed game but I doubt either will happen any time soon.