I Called In Sick Today

There is a place right at the bottom of that hill called The Kettle that is open 24 hours and has some of the best drunk diner food ever. Pancakes and Waffles at 3:00 AM? Yes please.

Pancakes and waffles any time is all right by me.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I was told that during the interview I knocked it out of the park and the entire panel was really happy with how I presented myself. He said he found it hard to give feedback because it's a "relative process". Meaning that there were other people considered that may have been a better fit for whatever reason, cultural, geography etc... He said if there were anything I did or said that was a problem, that feedback would have already been given so he didn't really have much more to tell me.

Again, the person that ultimately got the promotion already lives in MS and he all but said that's why they gave it to him. So now the question is, if another position comes up and there's a DM in the running that already lives in the area the position is for should I even bother? Thinking back, the 2 regional managers that they hired from outside of the company already lived in the area they were hired for. The current MS regional was hired from outside the company, about the same time I was hired, and moved to MS, but other than that every hire has come from the area.

So, probably time to either decide I'm just going to be happy (ish) being a DM here or look outside the company if I hope to move up in title/position.

Job interviews are so weird. There are a million reasons why you will or won't get hired, and only one or two of them have anything to do with you. My Immediate Supervisor directly suggested to me to apply for a job at another organization today. It would be an enormous increase, in prestige, money, etc. I have to do it, I know I do. New challenges would do good things for my brain.

• Like 3

Had a dream that I was making some super low budget caper film and Alec Baldwin was acting in it for nothing and Marty Scorsese (we're BFF's now so I can call him Morty) was getting off the plane we were using to film a scene real quick and offered up some pointers to me and wanted a cameo in the film. Real nice guy.

Speaking of Dutch, I looked up Bailey Jay on xvideos and saw her and another similar girl blowing, jerking and banging each other. Couldn't look away.

I've never been high but I imagined it would something like watching that video. Just a mind trick

my coworkers/friends had a sitdown with the bossman today and were told that anything percentage-related with comp was going away. they're going to convert everyone's total comp to a slightly higher amount, but eliminate the possibility of it growing based on whether a given portfolio grows in assets. so basically, my friends wanted to have a conversation along the lines of, "we would like to start splitting with IE" and he preempted with "we think we're going to end up paying you too much, so the rules are changing for everyone."

so, it's not terrible news for my friends (they don't lose 30% of their pay in a 2008 scenario), but it locks me out of that potential for increase. smart management is a double-edged sword.

I'm not like flipping out or planning to quit in the next few days, just trying to figure out the best course of action. certainly going to re-think how much time I spend helping out on the side that now offers basically zero upside to my paycheck.

• Like 1

Employers suck. Especially short sighted ones.

Found out today that the DM from Wisconsin is who they promoted for the Wisconsin position. Coincidence? I think not.

Filled out the pre-session questionnaire for therapy sessions tonight. Holy crap was that depressing but I tried to be as honest and truthful as possible to help the #healing #begin #mentalhealth

Now I just need to actually schedule an #appointment

• Like 1

Filled out the pre-session questionnaire for therapy sessions tonight. Holy crap was that depressing but I tried to be as honest and truthful as possible to help the #healing #begin #mentalhealth

Now I just need to actually schedule an #appointment

self loathing narcissist with bouts of depression, a bit of antisocial personality disorder and a tendency to self medicate with alcohol.

there i saved you a few hours by understanding that is every modern male between 16 and the grave.

• Like 3

found out my merit increase for the year. 5% for me, "standard" for the team was 3%. So for 2% extra I guess I was supposed to be deefuckinglighted about them screwing me every 2 weeks for the past 7 months. I told them thanks but they need to do better and I expect an additional 9% sometime within the next 6 months. i told them that to buy themselves cover they are going to call it a promotion and give me a title bump to lead analyst. i showed them the math that even if they gave me 5% this year and next year I still would be making less than the douche that can't find his ass with a map and a flashlight even if he started at the advertised minimum and gets as little as a 2.5% increase each year. i said they seriously need to examine their talent management strategy because right now it looks like the strategy is throwing noodles at a wall and making salary decisions based on how many stick. it was stated to me that they hadn't really considered salaries on the team in an apple to apple comparison, just what they thought they could get away with offering. I replied that was one way to do it but don't expect highly skilled, highly motivated staff to last more than a year or two.

i did further some calculating, over the past ~12 months the attrition of the department is about 21%. 60% of the team leads have quit in that time frame. that's fast food-esque turnover.

these idiots are fiddling while rome burns and they're too incompetent to even realize it.

ah, that feels better.

hey ronald, she started in with the late night texting last night.

i will admit i missed a ron mexico noodz opportunity. her last text was that she had just gotten out of shower and was heading to bed. should've requested a pic. forgive me ron, my game is rusty.

• Like 2

Hank makes some good points, but before we prescribe a treatment of "toughen up and stop being a bitch," let's hear what the PhD+MD thinks. Plus she has a prescription pad.

(When I refer to psychiatrists as "she" by default, that's not a political statement. I just default to Jennifer Melfi when it comes up.)

Hank makes some good points, but before we prescribe a treatment of "toughen up and stop being a bitch," let's hear what the PhD+MD thinks. Plus she has a prescription pad.

(When I refer to psychiatrists as "she" by default, that's not a political statement. I just default to Jennifer Melfi when it comes up.)

a plan not without its merits. however, be wary of any anti-depressants. my brief adventure with paxil sucked balls. it pretty much put me in a coma for a few hours after taking it and the desire to do anything even tangentially related to sex evaporated like ball sweat at burning man.

so the other day, I had this idea about being a total ******* in the options market. basically, if you are willing to exercise a call out of the money and take a small loss, some percentage of the time, the guy on the other end of the contract is blindsided with a huge capital gains tax bill (he was writing covered calls on a big, low cost basis stock position). so I've been brainstorming for a PowerPoint presentation trying to position it as some patriotic, feel-good investing strategy. generate tax revenue, do your civic duty! saluting soldiers on the slides, etc.

• Like 2