I Called In Sick Today

here's a guy that doesn't know anything about luxury items

What, you just buy them because your bitches are so impressed with LL Bean? Like someone driving a BMW? Lol, Dutch knows what I'm talking about.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I agree with Randy about all this cat talk. We need to confirm with Speedz before I get my cats off dry food.

Or you could buy good slippers, once.

arnold%20palmer%20slipper.PNG

I really like those, andI agree in spirit, but even the nicest shearling can get pretty gross on your feet if you wear them in the shoulder seasons.

I have a pair of leather/shearling mocs I only wear if it's particularly cold, and then a meh pair of velvet I use most of the time.

I am thinking up upgrading to these, which I decided right this very second: https://www.stubbsandwootton.com/bespoke/

I think they look good enough to wear out to the store, too.

IMG_0743.jpg

Stubbs-Wootton-NeedlePoint-Tapestry-Slippers-3.jpg

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/acorn-loafer-slippers-wool-blend-for-men~p~6031m/?filterString=acorn-slippers~bs~105~323%2F&colorFamily=01

I got mine for $30 about 5 years ago and they're still like new. And my beeotch bought them for me.

Took the day off to do some catch up on work, call customers back and set appointments up to go back and close some deals I missed. I do have a 5:00 scheduled which should be a quick sale.

We have a weekly meeting on Thursday mornings and some big boss was in from out of town. Apparently our office is one of the top in the country and was handing out some awards and such. He started with the company doing what in do and worked his way up. Pretty cool guy and really the whole place and everyone has a "no negative vibes" kind of feel.

Anyway as he was talking he blurts out, oh yeah, who's the newbie that sold the crack lady's neighbor? I want to hear the story!

So, kind of shyly I said, "well, really I didn't think it was anything special. You know, same old story you've probably heard a thousand times. The call center is unaware the appointment they set you up with is some lady's whose a crack head and once you realize she can't buy anything you start bribing her with $200 gift cards to refer you to the gullible neighbor that will buy. I mean, you know the lady that spent a bundle on a Kirby vacuum or the guy who always has to have the nicest car or house on the block, those kind of people. She was hitting speed dial on her phone before I could finish... So I left her house and went on knocked on that guy's door and sold him a roof"

Visiting people in their homes has been hilarious. I have been in complete dumps to mansions and in between. There are really some crazy ****ing people out there and all you can do is giggle inside while they are talking to you.

• Like 1

Re: trouble sleeping. A

I really like those, andI agree in spirit, but even the nicest shearling can get pretty gross on your feet if you wear them in the shoulder seasons.

I have a pair of leather/shearling mocs I only wear if it's particularly cold, and then a meh pair of velvet I use most of the time.

I am thinking up upgrading to these, which I decided right this very second: https://www.stubbsandwootton.com/bespoke/

IMG_0743.jpg

Well, I kind of prefer the men's slippers but hey, whatever floats your boat. Who am I talk, half my shoes are like gloves.

Traditional masculinity plays no part in my Winning lifestyle.

While we are talking about this stuff, two more bedroom upgrades to consider:

Nice, silk pajamas and a robe are great.

But, the most important thing in your life are your bed sheets. If I were poor and had to choose between having walmart sheets and gourmet groceries or having >$1000 sheets and eating at Wendy's everyday, it would be a coinflip.

Also, a lot of you guys are probably clinically depressed, and sleep is likely one of few things that provide you with enough joy to give life another day. Well, imagine how much you'd enjoy those 11 hours laying on these butter-soft babies:

http://dporthaultparis.com/embroidered-bed-linens

But, the most important thing in your life are your bed sheets. If I were poor and had to choose between having walmart sheets and gourmet groceries or having >$1000 sheets and eating at Wendy's everyday, it would be a coinflip.

Also, a lot of you guys are probably clinically depressed, and sleep is likely one of few things that provide you with enough joy to give life another day. Well, imagine how much you'd enjoy those 11 hours laying on these butter-soft babies:

http://dporthaultpar...ered-bed-linens

$2900 for a King set. That's just stupid.

What number do I go off of? Any other brands I should look at?

I am sure there are companies that make sheets that feel just as nice for $700ish, maybe even 5. With these, you are paying a lot for the design and the fact that they are French. I just don't know who any of these other companies would be.

True luxury sheets don't seem to put a thread count out there, because fabric quality is just assumed, and thread count is effectively meaningless.

I would google and look for reviews.

Also, to those not ready to make the Parisian leap, if any of you are buying Walmart sheets, you are not getting good value either. If you just want to jump up a couple orders of magnitude, I'd go on Amazon. They don't tend to have much in the upper tier, but if you want to spend 100-200$, I'd just go on there, search in that range for regular cotton sets, and read tons of reviews. The good thing about sheets is that they are the domain of middle aged housewives, and no one else is willing to post such thorough-if-not-psychotic product reviews.

• Like 1

Not true at all. Pets, particularly cats, aren't meant to eat grains, A cat on a raw food diet, for example, won't need a water dish, because they get all the water they need from their food. Dry food makes them fat and is bad for their kidneys/liver, and dehydrates them. Not all wet food is much better, but i'd rather give my cat the cheapest wet food than the most expensive dry

I don't really care enough to point out the multitude of inaccuracies here other than to say that it's times like these that I miss speedz.

Yeah, it's probably fair to judge the entirety of Scrubs from one out of context clip.

Just brvy being brvy.

Nobody did that! Calm down, Gilligan.

And the legend continues.

I am thinking up upgrading to these, which I decided right this very second: https://www.stubbsan...on.com/bespoke/

IMG_0743.jpg

Oh.

http://dporthaultpar...ered-bed-linens

I feel like I understand you so much better now.

Just brvy being brvy.

And the legend continues.

I just want to go on record in saying that I tried. I really tried. Sorry.

$2900 for a King set. That's just stupid.

People said that when Starbucks came out and coffee jumped from like a nickel to like a dollar. Today, though, we know even Starbucks is burnt, worthless swill, and $4 is an acceptable price. I look forward to a day when we are sleeping on (separate) sets of $12K sheets and laughing at the olden days.

• Like 1