I Called In Sick Today

RB - RB - WR - WR - WR/RB - QB...

I know this is typical, and even more so this year BUT, I have done more research than probably any other time and I am doubting it a little. What you really need is players that average higher than the norm to provide a weekly advantage. This is why people like to draft tight ends early because on a weekly basis a guy like Gronk (when healthy) will give you a 4 or 5 pt advantage against a weak TE. With so few good RB's having 2 good ones is a godsend. And though WR's are deep, there are actually very few that score much above the norm or enough to provide a distince advantage. So a Calvin Johnson is a huge advantage over others. The next group of 5 or 6 will go quick, (AJ, Dez,etc) and not getting one of them will put you at a dissadvantage all year.

But my real conundrum is QB. Last year I had Romo and drafted him as the last QB and he was actually the 3rd highest and great value. But nothing compares to Brees in my league. He outscored the next best by 60 pts and does that regularly. In a league that counts negative points for Int's or other rules Aaron Rogers might be the best, but in my league and most others if people looked he is likely the 4th or 5th best. Brees beat him by 100 points. So having Brees is a much bigger advantage than virtually anything I can figure. Brees averages 35 pts a game. That's practically a 10 pt advantage on a weekly basis going in.

So with the 8th pick I can take a good RB, and then in the 2nd round on the way back down be facing something like AJ Green, Brees or MJ Drew. Not getting a good RB here makes me scramble in the 3rd or 4th and hope to get a rookie or Ivory and they pan out. I can still come up with 2 decent recievers but they will definately be weaker if I take a QB early since will have to use a 3rd or 4th rounder on a RB.

It ultimately comes down to those 3rd through 5th picks and planning and figuring out who will be available.

Beans is literally the best.

Well, duh!

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Oh yeah, my desktop crashed at home and I am going to replace it with a laptop. No HP or Apple. What should I get? Does windows 8 really suck?

I don't know; do they have fantasy football laptops these days?

I found the spot for the Sickie Get-Together:

05v15fp.jpg

I was just trying to stipulate that once a week didn't mean you got the whole day or something.

I was making the same joke randy did. Lasting 30 minutes

For money, least fave topics we discuss

Excel

Fantasy football

Home repairs

Any other entries? Sports, for the non sports people, but that kinda goes against our entire philosophy

I guess 30 minutes once a week but that would be terrible. Walking around, working etc... with a perma boner would be worse though.

It ultimately comes down to those 3rd through 5th picks and planning and figuring out who will be available.

I guess that's where fantasy meets reality because the best NFL teams do a good job drafing in those same rounds.

I was making the same joke randy did. Lasting 30 minutes

For money, least fave topics we discuss

Excel

Fantasy football

Home repairs

Any other entries? Sports, for the non sports people, but that kinda goes against our entire philosophy

Well soccer belongs on that list because everybody knows it's not a real sport.

Man, if I would get less boners I might sign up for that 30 minute thing right now.

Stop reading Mexi's posts.

Maybe. But only a little.

On that note, do you actually try or ask for some and get denied or do you just ignore the topic completely and hope she brings it up (she never will)? Or are you balls deep 3 nights a week and just dont tell us? Cuz no girl is THAT oblivious?

What, is she part of brvy's clan and waiting for marriage? Oh man, so many questions, so few answers?

Does she dislike and avoid you like your roomie and your college friends?

Now i'm reaching

Well soccer belongs on that list because everybody knows it's not a real sport.

Not liking it is one thing, but to not consider it a sport?

I have a never-written column that explains why the rise of the NFL and the downfall of America as a competent nation go hand-in-hand together.

Which of these do you think would feel the best?

1. NBA - less than one second left, down by two, hit a three-pointer at the buzzer.

2. NFL - last play of the game, down by 5, score a TD.

3. MLB - bottom of the 9th, two outs, down by two, runners on 1st and 2nd, hit walk-off home run.

It has to be the home run, right?

Which of these do you think would feel the best?

1. NBA - less than one second left, down by two, hit a three-pointer at the buzzer.

2. NFL - last play of the game, down by 5, score a TD.

3. MLB - bottom of the 9th, two outs, down by two, runners on 1st and 2nd, hit walk-off home run.

It has to be the home run, right?

No. It's TD

I think the TD is last, because its probably the most random. That situation is a hail-mary type play.

I say the 3-pointer. It's the most individual play in the most individual sport.

No way a three-pointer is more individual than a home run.

With the three-pointer, I'm imagining it's off an in-bounds play where it's a catch-and-shoot coming off a screen or two. I suppose if it was after a made basket and you get the ball and push it up the court and launch a three, that would be very individualistic, but still can't be more than the home run.

Unless you're deducting points for needing runners on base or something.