Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Strategy Backlash Fever: CATCH IT

I was going to fire it up because it seemed like he was shitting on Tilty's bonus, and everyone's salary, because it doesnt compare to hia fjnance buddies, but I figured he didnt intend to be dickish, it just sorta happened

I'd happily take an extra 20k a year in bonus

I'm always up for a dumb Christian story.

Did you hear the one about this girl that cheated on her boyfriend and got knocked up, so she told him that she was carrying the child of God?

• Like 1

I will deposit this content on your chest

Thats kinda talk is protected by an intellectual property patent by napa, you may want to edit your post for fear of reprisals. His attorney is a shark, and not bogged down by the trappings of success and women

• Like 5

Strategy Backlash Fever: CATCH IT

I was going to fire it up because it seemed like he was shitting on Tilty's bonus, and everyone's salary, because it doesnt compare to hia fjnance buddies, but I figured he didnt intend to be dickish, it just sorta happened

I'd happily take an extra 20k a year in bonus

not really. people can't/shouldn't expect to be so lucky in life. of course, those guys would bristle and tell you how they worked so hard to be the son of a successful trader, or that they intended to meet a trader on a random poker forum, or whatever. life's just frustrating if you don't wear blinders for everyone else's success, I guess, is the point I was trying to make? I don't know.

Tha does make sense. I certainly dont blame my lack of huge financial succes on my parents or whatever, but you are so right that there is a ton of luck involved. Parents, connects, situational circumstances, etc.

Starting poor and rising to the top isnt as simple as being smart and driven. Life isnt necessarily a meritocracy. Sometimes, sure, but usually, people stay in their life lanes. And this generation is the first to not do better than their parents.

Not to mention the wealth gap widening.

Like I said, I knew you werent lashing out at Tilty, I was just bored and messing around.

Shit its gonna be a long day. 6:15 seems days away.

Symantec in lake Mary (orlando) is doing some hiring. Anyone interested? I have friends that work there. Who are my IT people?

got this deadline, day is flying by. and I keep posting. worthless employee.

I would bet if you looked at the numbers for wherever he is, tilt makes 90th or better percentile money. so yeah I know you weren't serious, but I would have to be an idiot to look down on him. or anyone here really, since I am by far the lowest earner.

Shake does still post here you know, now you're shitting on his domain. First napa, now shake. Who's next? You gonna start posting gifs, a la Whiskers, or alking about bangin out broads, tg81 style? Well, you did just plutonically vacay with a woman, so suited has a claim.

Strat is a mockingbird poster

I've gotten too deep in this unfunny analogy and cant stop myself

I've been there, man. we have WAY too many spoons. it's not even like there's a shortage of knives; we have an adequate amount if knives for our family size. it's just, I open the silverware drawer, and I have to dig through a huge layer of spoons. I mean at least we don't have too many steak knives. THAT would be dangerous. I think even forks would be borderline hazardous in that quantity. the whole situation is deeply ironic.

This is my favorite kind of post.

read the first chapter of Liar's Poker. I can email it to you tonight if you actually want to do it. that sort of serendipity is what I'm talking about.

I read that book because of your recommendation. Or maybe you just mentioned it; I don't remember. Anyway, I quite liked it.

5300 per quarter is like, awful for some jobs in finance that people my age and younger have landed. I get so miserable thinking about all the people who are going to destroy me (and everyone else here) on salary for the rest of their career almost purely based on who they knew when they were starting out, or the state of the economy when they got done with school. it's just so frustrating to think about.

but I mean, this departmental choice I made when I came back to work for these people was solid. being able to say I coded something to use bloomberg data to analyze expected shortfalls, pay dates, etc. will look amazing on a resume. so maybe someday soon a trading shop looks at me. the other department that wanted to hire me has fired a third of its staff since December.

Probably true but your comparison to finance jobs is apples and oranges to mine. Forget about what my company does, I'm a retail district manager and paid as such, whether were were a soft lines, hard lines, discount or any other type of retailer.

not really. people can't/shouldn't expect to be so lucky in life. of course, those guys would bristle and tell you how they worked so hard to be the son of a successful trader, or that they intended to meet a trader on a random poker forum, or whatever. life's just frustrating if you don't wear blinders for everyone else's success, I guess, is the point I was trying to make? I don't know.

I don't know what any of that meant but that's nothing new.

read the first chapter of Liar's Poker. I can email it to you tonight if you actually want to do it. that sort of serendipity is what I'm talking about.

I think this was the last book I read all the way through. Very much enjoyed it.

got this deadline, day is flying by. and I keep posting. worthless employee.

I would bet if you looked at the numbers for wherever he is, tilt makes 90th or better percentile money. so yeah I know you weren't serious, but I would have to be an idiot to look down on him. or anyone here really, since I am by far the lowest earner.

LOL I haven't looked but I doubt it. Possibly for where I live, Ontario, but I doubt it for L.A. I was going to look it up but I'm too lazy. Long week.

The movie was solid, the date happened and there was other stuff.

Edit: nothing to say about her and me that I haven't said before. Nothing is changed. If it does I'll let you know. I am going to a wedding with her next weekend. Here in town so no awkward hotel moments this time.

Ughh. Does she maybe think you're gay? Mostly serious question

New guy at the branch has a pic of his wife as his phone wallpaper and lock screen. It compelled me to do something similar

Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat and a diet coke, a few of my favorite things

4BA39CAB-90C6-4C5C-B411-F17F6E71FF16-3538-000002F1CD0E52BD_zps95c4695d.jpg

It's too bad you have no idea who or what Archer is. Well done.

Someone good with a bow and arrow? Thank you, sir

Just read that beans story. I fear him and admire him.

The Bronx Tale

Probably a lot more fear than admire this guy...

Not that Im a tough guy by any means. The last time a practical joke war broke out, at least three guys stayed locked up inside their houses for two weeks straight

My absolute favorite was when I killed the power to a guys superbowl party in retaliation for one of his stunts. He went a little too far, I went a lot too far, and ended up interviewed by a detective. Cop told me it was a complete waste of community resources since I covered my tracks so well. Even congratulated me

Anyway, after finding out that the cops wouldnt do anything he spent untold cash installing security cameras and stuff around his place. That was a couple years ago. My plan is almost complete now...

You know the old saying, if you dont have enemies youre a pushover....

Never saw it

huge financial succes

there is a ton of luck involved.

Starting poor and rising to the top isnt as simple as being smart and driven.

Ive always heard that if you stripped all the cash from the rich and divided it equally amongst the population, within a short period of time the rich would have it all back again. It was something like that anyway

I believe it. Seen too many guys go from broke to rich and back a couple times....

They are a different "breed" though. I gotta go now but if I have time later Ill highlight some of the ways they are, but smart and driven pretty much sums it up

• Like 1

Oh, I'll admit that some people just have a knack for making money, and coming from the bottom to the top is possible, it just isnt always as simple as hard work and some brains. Environment, situations, timing all play a part

I dont do pranks for that very reason. Escalation. Not my bag. It always gets out of hand.

I'm a pushover

Life isnt necessarily a meritocracy. Sometimes, sure, but usually, people stay in their life lanes.

I kindof disagree with this; at least the first part. In the US, anyone can make it.

Strat is staying in his life lane, and he knows it. Sure, he hasn't gotten breaks, but he hasn't gone Mark Cuban either. Strat should be starting a company. He has plenty of connections to make that happen. He should be forming a business plan and presenting it to his brothers or parents... anyone that will listen. Strat is incredibly smart, and just needs a shove off the couch.

He could be a millionaire in 5 years.

• Like 1