Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Cmon buddy, have some confidence

Seriously though, you wrestled, thats a great base to start. Its not like they are gonna toss you in there with a brown belt who hates ISU kids and get your arm snapped. They want you to come back, pay for more lessons.

They are gonna teach some technique, a few basic drills, get you a sweat and teach you one cool thing that you'll remember. It will probably be sweet and you'll wanna go back for more

I'll post updates when I go to my boxibg/kick boxing class next month

You'll be fine nappy. I mean absolute worst case scenario is a horrible accident leaves you paralyzed from the neck down and you live out your days being fed through a straw by low paid health care workers who abuse you for fun.

so he who shall not identify subjects of sentences mentioned earlier about companies searching online job posting sites for employees who have resumes posted, and that got me thinking. I know we've talked about it before, but would a company fire somebody for that? I mean I'm sure it depends on the company and all, but has anybody ever heard of that? I've got mine on monster and indeed, but I didn't figure they'd fire you just for having one posted. can't think I've ever heard of that actually happening anyway.

I'm sure it happens but it's definitely not legal.

are we assuming they're stupid enough to come out and say, "hey shake we're firing your idiot ass for posting your résumé online. Clean out your desk loser!"

Out for dinner and some beers. Diet be damned. Twas a bad day. Pot luck thing at work

Friends chose The Tilted Kilt. Anyone ever been? It can be good if the girls look naughty and odd if they look super young with not great bodies. Skimpy uni.

We joke that whenever we go to a place that is kinda selling sex, a la this place, Hooters, The Wing House, (last place I took pics from) that we always get the black waitress.

My waitress is cute, good hair, tallish, nice body. Young though, wont probably get my humour. I'll see where the beer takes me

I've been to the Tilted Kilt once. The chick we had was super hot and there was some really creepy old dudes hitting on her. Felt really bad for her.

What I learned today:

- my arms look jacked in an under armour shirt

- I have no idea what the hell I'm doing

- kind of what a guard is

- sort of how to keep my guard

- dudes who can kick anybody's ass are really nice and chill. Because they know they can kick anybody's ass

- how to tap out a lot

- that I have no idea how to go about tapping somebody

- I am going to be eternally sore

- I am super out of shape

- I'm going to be spending a lot of money on ice

Didn't really learn any move other than how to sort of block him from takin my guard and how to kind of take his guard. Or something. I need to watch some videos. I guess there's some fights tonight and so there wernt a lot of people there. Which was fine. The instructed worked with me a bit and then some guy who's been going for a few months rolled with me and straight kicked my ass. Like, I thought my legs and arms were going to snap off. Oy vey.

lol @ the guy who found and posted Mexico's mugshot asking for help locating his wedding

Where was this at?

That would seem ovet the line, which isnt beans style. Unless I said it was ok

I do remember his awesome doodle of all of us in my Expedition.

Absolutely did not do anything of the kid, sir....

You "know" me pretty well by now. If I wanted to find out the location I could. The only reason would to send a gift your way

I was going to pm you for that exact reason earlier but I got distracted by going to a car auction

So the guy that wont say where he went to college wants my mugshot posted? Hmmm

Yeah, no

We are FB friends, you know my name, the approximate date and I'd said where I used to live. You can figure it out and find it.

But dont post it.

Where is this coming from? Facebook?

For once Im completely innocent of any suspicion of wrongdoing. Hope ya know that

In other news, almost bought an o-three exterra this evening. Loaded with leather. A/C didnt work but everything else did. A little hail damage on the hood that a little bondo and paint would cure...

Bidding went to thirty eight hundred. I was at thirty six. Was stopping at thirty five but the hops and barley pushed me up one more. Thankfully I was still seeing straight. Not much profit for the kid at that price

All I noticed was the army thread has apparently moved there. Jotted a hello to ren and nik. Scanned Mexis for wrongdoing until I staggered across a pic of him hiking his leg on the bathroom vanity...

That was enough for me for another six months

I've been to the Tilted Kilt once. The chick we had was super hot and there was some really creepy old dudes hitting on her. Felt really bad for her.

What I learned today:

- my arms look jacked in an under armour shirt

- I have no idea what the hell I'm doing

- kind of what a guard is

- sort of how to keep my guard

- dudes who can kick anybody's ass are really nice and chill. Because they know they can kick anybody's ass

- how to tap out a lot

- that I have no idea how to go about tapping somebody

- I am going to be eternally sore

- I am super out of shape

- I'm going to be spending a lot of money on ice

Didn't really learn any move other than how to sort of block him from takin my guard and how to kind of take his guard. Or something. I need to watch some videos. I guess there's some fights tonight and so there wernt a lot of people there. Which was fine. The instructed worked with me a bit and then some guy who's been going for a few months rolled with me and straight kicked my ass. Like, I thought my legs and arms were going to snap off. Oy vey.

There's some fights tomorrow on FX for free from 9-12 EST, you should watch them. In sparring, if you want to just win, you should focus entirely on wrestling and staying on top, if it's an MMA place and not just BJJ. I don't know anything about BJJ, so I don't know what's allowed or encouraged, but I think a lot of it is weight shifting and getting the other person to change how they've focused their weight. Just leaning into the other person and not getting taken down is supposedly one of the most exhausting aspects of the sport that "viewers" don't understand, so it's supposed to tire you out. Right now your guard should basically be not getting punched in the face while not getting your arm snapped.

Please continue doing it though. I'm with Ron in the "I love to read about it" category. And watch more fights. You learn a lot from some announcers during the slower fights, as they talk about positioning and what's going on. FX has The Ultimate Fighter (ending this week, but will start up again in 3 months), Spike shows Bellator, and HDNet has Inside MMA every Monday, plus live fights like 10 times a month on the weekends.

Yeah I'll set the dvr. Need to watch some videos. It was fun to just be back competing though, even if I did get killed.

Edit: it's mostly just bjj. They do do some Mai Thai but I'm not sure if I'll get into that. I think they do some mma sparring/open gym type stuff on Saturdays. I'm not really interested in fighting though.

Thats the dream that gets sold and its bs.

Sure, ANYONE can make it, but not everyone can make it. The american dream isnt available for everyone, thats just the way it is. Not everyone is provided with the same tools, has the same smarts, skills, etc.

You point out Mark Cuban. Boot straps kind of guy, but even in that one article I linked here, he says that he got fired for selling a client something, and he then went to the client directly, and that client paid him the 10k directly to do work. What are the odds of something like that happening, especially today when people are crazy careful not to piss away funds.

I get that I probably am more negative on the topic, but I'd bet you are too optimistic

This is sad. I get what you're saying and I'll just say that I do think you're too negative on the subject.

so he who shall not identify subjects of sentences mentioned earlier about companies searching online job posting sites for employees who have resumes posted, and that got me thinking. I know we've talked about it before, but would a company fire somebody for that? I mean I'm sure it depends on the company and all, but has anybody ever heard of that? I've got mine on monster and indeed, but I didn't figure they'd fire you just for having one posted. can't think I've ever heard of that actually happening anyway.

I have. I've also heard of companies not firing anybody but the chance of moving up end when they find you're looking elsewhere.

There's HR jibber-jabber out there that if an employee is at the point of applying elsewhere they've already checked out mentally so companies would just as soon

kick them to the curb and bring in someone that wants to be there.

I'm sure it happens but it's definitely not legal.

You are definitely incorrect. At least in at will states, which most are. Don't need a reason to fire you any more than you need a reason to quit.

At-Will Employment and Wrongful Termination

California’s Labor Code specifies that an employment relationship with no specified duration is presumed to be employment “at-will.” This means, at least in theory, that the employer or employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause. There are exceptions to the at-will rule created by statute, the courts or public policy.

Statutory exceptions include terminating an employee for reasons based on the discrimination laws discussed above; for participating in union activity; for refusing to carry out an activity that violates the law.

An employer can potentially reduce exposure to wrongful discharge liability by emphasizing using an at-will language in all written and verbal communications with employees. This extends from job announcements and interviews to employee handbooks, training seminars and employee reviews. It is also advised to avoid references in all situations that indicate job security or permanence.

http://business.ca.gov/StartaBusiness/AdministeringEmployees/EqualEmploymentOpportunityLaws/AtWillEmployment.aspx

So, my senior whom I share an office with signed up for an okcupid account and one of his matches was this chick who's currently In prison for murder but claims she'll be released soon. And after he did a little research he found her on some site for prison pen pals called "paper dolls".

At some point one of our bosses came in and he mentioned it to him and turns out his daughter is doing clinicals at that prison and probably knows her. So he has me call her on speakerphone so we can all here and he tells her some story about my girlfriend going to jail and hoping she can keep us in touch. It was funny. She doesn't recognize the name but is going to look into it. He then takes a picture of me to send to her or something. I'm not sure.

He then goes back to his office and comes back with a few more women from this paper dolls site that he thinks would be a good match for me and now there's a wall in our office dedicated to them called "Herman's Honeys". He also told me to always do outcalls when getting hookers because its probably otherwise a sting.

Idk. Guess you had to be there.

• Like 1

All I noticed was the army thread has apparently moved there. Jotted a hello to ren and nik. Scanned Mexis for wrongdoing until I staggered across a pic of him hiking his leg on the bathroom vanity...

That was enough for me for another six months

You didnt enjoy that pic?

Buddy, That whole thing essay mentioned was wrong. We are cool, always have been, always will be. He was saying he thought you posted my mug shot, I said you didn't. I was in your corner. I am so not worried.

As an aside, we haven't picked a place yet, so no figuring it out. I would piss my pants if you came to FL for an event. My event. I'm in. I'll PM deets when the come.

Otherwise, good night. Caught a buzz, didnt get drunk. Home now, ready for bed.

Napa, loved the report. Keep up with it. Use your wrestling. Watch as many MMA fights as you can, YouTube vids. Thera is right. I feel like I know a lot because I listen to all the commentary about bjj and what a guard is, how to defend, how to attack, etc. you're doing good so far. Keep at it

No, but he was talking about going and seeing the stones next week and I said we used to play a game in college called "do your best jagger" where no matter what if someone told you to do your best jagger you had to stop what you were doing and dance like ole Mick. And he called me out but I declined. He said we'll just wait until the Xmas party when you're good and liquored up. He also mentioned his brother (the head honcho) seemed to really like me and my work for some reason that he didn't really understand.

I also scored some brownie points with the office manager today when she caught me emptying the dishwasher and making a pot of coffee. Next weeks audit we'll probably cut off a little early and play a round assuming the weather cooperates. One of the perks of working on the "B team" which is the team that does the bank audits. B's not for banks either. The A team is the guys who do coops because that's are main focus I'm only on the b team now since that's where they start the new guys because its typically easier than coops. And also there's not really any coop audits to go on and so they're just getting me more experience. Kidding. It's because I'm bad.