I Called In Sick Today

I love the movie Warrior, but it really bugs me that the reason Brendan had to start fighting was because the bank was going to foreclose on his house unless he can make up the difference because he's now underwater. No bank's going to just foreclose on you if you're making the payments just because you're now underwater.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I saw that in the theater, was that the plot? I thought he stopped making payments? I'll defer to you on this one.

Banks will reduce or close a line of credit if the equity isnt tbere, but not foreclose

Yeah, it just cuts to him talking to a fancy pants banker saying that the bank has to go with the new county appraisal (lol) and so now they're underwater and if he can't pay the difference in 90 days they're going to lose the house. Which is part of the reason he's fighting which causes him to lose his actual job and then he has to go to fighting full time.

I can't decide if the whole bank thing is more unbelievable than the fact that the military would wait for his brother to finish the tournament before arresting him and then taking him to army jail for going awol. Or that they would be able to fight multiple times over two days.

you definitely did some producing back in the day. I'll give you that.

middle-aged dad dies in a motorcycle accident. divorced, has a mid 20s daughter. does anyone think it was slightly shitty to be riding a motorcycle at all? I mean, if it's me dying, I don't rob any kids of 30+ years of advice/companionship/etc. anyone else think about it from that angle, or am I just going out of my way to blame dad for a random life event?

I honestly wondered why suited was bothering to keep us updated on his girl acquaintance situation for as long as he did. there are several people who literally only come to this thread to shit on the content producers without bringing anything to the table. good on suited for recognizing that.

defensive cat is getting defensive here.

When you go to a bar and there is a guy with an acoustic and a pa, are you thinkng:

1. I hope he's already done, i dont want to be annoyed

2. I hope he plays some cool covers

3. I hope he plays original music and its good

Lots of places to see some cover music around here and I enjoy them very much, but I also used to like seeing people play original music. Probably 2, 3 and 1 for me. Guy on Friday was awesome but lady went from sober to buzzed to drunk and then done. We had to leave. In her defense, we got there at 4:30 for a late lunch early dinner and left at 9:30, but the party was just starting. Oh well, women, am I right

Also, when you're with a woman, you always think you can pull some ass from a bar, right up until you're single. Then, not so much

1 or 2 because 3 is such a rarity I usually pray for 1 and 2 is only slightly less rare. lincoln is not the music hub i'd hoped when I moved here and realized UNL was about the same size as KU. I miss the Lawrence music scene sometimes.

He probably should have kept them all locked in a basement so nothing could ever happen to them.

YOU GOTTA LIVE BABY. And some of us were born to ride.

I hear ya. I personally just opened another beer, forgetting I had popped a few dayquils just a few hours ago. living it up. tastes great this time.

Do you have an ax to grind witn this dad because you are WAY out of line to blame a guy for dying because he rode a motorcycle. Was he drunk or going 120mph?

If someone has kids they should cease to exist as adults and individuals? You have to live your life, do your best to be a good parent and provide, but by no means is riding a motorcycle a deriliction of parenting duties. Motorcycles are everywere around here, being it Florida and good weather, not to mention the proximity to Daytona and Bike Week

I wouldnt ride one and they are somewhat dangerous, but not horrible decision dangerous

no, I don't know the guy. it was a passing thought and I wondered if anyone else felt that way. definitely feel like mid-20s is old enough to continue on with being an adult.

I think it was just a freak patch of sand type incident. happens here with the amount we dish out to fight the snow.

I am afraid of motorcycles in the sense that its awesome to ride but its like a rollercoaster to me. Fun and exciting but too dangerous. In South Florida, you'd have to be insane to ride one with all of the retirees that cant turn their heads or see due to old age. Up here, people are more aware, but its still balllsy to ride one. Looks fun though

My roommate leaves tomorrow to go to Chicago for a few days. I think I might go to my first bjj class on Friday. Had been holding off attending since I didn't want to use my voucher and then be gone traveling for the majority of it. I think I'll mostly be in office for the next few months, so I should be able to attend a decent amount of classes. Little nervous.

I formally request full, detailed reports on these classes. What they teach, exercises you do, moves, etc

It's mostly "stroke the shaft, lick the head, no teeth, eye contact, no teeth, play with the balls, no *teeth* dammit, HEY WHATS WITH THE FINGER?????"

Or at least that's it normally. They may not give full service with a voucher.

set on the 18v 6 piece set. just have to pull that trigger to buy. so freaking expensive.

also I just won a kindle fire. they any good? don't know whether to keep or sell.

My daughter, the oldest, has a regular kindle and a kindle fire. Uses the regular one for reading because she says the screen is better for that. The fire she uses

for internet stuff. To the point that she uses her laptop very little anymore.

the kindle fire is a poopy locked down android tablet. the nexus 7 is so much better. they run like $200 for a 32gb on sale.

maybe shake would not notice the difference. I don't know.

But he got the kindle fire for free, which is decidedly cheaper than $200.

yeah loog wasn't lying but I'm not really interested in discussing the trip.

Could you at least answer my poll question that everybody ignored?

you definitely did some producing back in the day. I'll give you that.

middle-aged dad dies in a motorcycle accident. divorced, has a mid 20s daughter. does anyone think it was slightly shitty to be riding a motorcycle at all? I mean, if it's me dying, I don't rob any kids of 30+ years of advice/companionship/etc. anyone else think about it from that angle, or am I just going out of my way to blame dad for a random life event?

I have a buddy I've been friends with since the 7th grade. He has an 8 year old son and rides a motorcycle a lot. Has gone on rides throughout the western states several times. I often think about the danger of doing so when he's got such a young son, especially since he wrecked it on one trip. Thankfully he didn't get hurt beyond some road rash. Never said anything to him but yeah, I wouldn't do it.

Though I do understand Rons point.

Describe the sex

Little kissing, some oral for you, some for her, straight to mish, doggie, pound out, finish

Or oral for you straight to her riding, to mish, to finish.

he may have dropped loads on lg

Remember the good ole days when we made fun of the army bunch?

Did we have a meet that I didnt attend?

Do they still make Mrs. Butterworths syrup in the bottle that looks like her?

Waiting in line, used their wifi, they wouldnt allow this website....

probably all the goddamn liars in here

hey beans, in addition to the question I just pmed you because I was too embarassed to post it here, I have another question for you:

just got the chainsaw sharpener in. looks good, but how do you have it mounted? did you bolt it to a table? I was planning on using one of those vice benches or whatever you call them because I have one and it said that could be used, but looking at it I don't see how that's possible.

Dont pms pop up like they used to anymore? Oh yeah, I get several hundred a month these days, mostly fan mail type stuff, but for some reason or another yours didnt. Ill sift around and find it in a minute

You really dont need to mount it. I use mine on the corner of the welding table. The chain hangs off both sides that way. Once you unpack and screw with it a little youll see

Anyone see my latest tweet?

Hopefully one of those guys wasnt her dad

Mount the sharpener to a 2x4x, put the wood in the vice.

uh, this, yeah, this is exactly right. jesus, I mean I know I'm stupid but even I'm surprised that I didn't think of this. hell I just sold my buddy a planer that was mounted exactly like this.

yr226.gif

could be my favorite gif ever

I lost my dad at 15 to a car accident. Pretty sure I won't give up driving anytime soon. HOW'S THAT FOR CONTENT STRAT LAUER?

I'm having trouble keeping up on the thread from my phone, that's a nice change of pace. Also, I just had sex.., WITH A GIRL!!

I wanted to like this but I didn't want to like the fact that your dad died so I figured I'd quote it to let you know that I still care. you'll always be a content producer to me!

My daughter, the oldest, has a regular kindle and a kindle fire. Uses the regular one for reading because she says the screen is better for that. The fire she uses for internet stuff. To the point that she uses her laptop very little anymore.

hmm. I'll probably have to fly out there and get her to show me how to use it. in her room. with the door closed.

You really dont need to mount it. I use mine on the corner of the welding table. The chain hangs off both sides that way. Once you unpack and screw with it a little youll see

I was also thinking this might be the case. I mean it's not like it should have a lot of tourque or vibration moving it around I guess, plus you probably have to hold onto it the whole time anyways moving the chain. hopefully I can do it right on my kitchen table. now I just have to figure out how to get the damn chain off. actually had one of my usual 2 am wake ups this morning and that was the first thought that popped into my head.

and thanks for the info in the pm. for most home improvement type stuff, wood working, plumbing, hell even working on my cars, I feel like I can "trial and error" stuff a little. try something, see if it works, if not, try something else. electrical work? not so much.

Wouldn't it be funny if Beans didn't actually know about electrical work and was messing with shake so he'd electrocute himself? Hilarious.

I am so tired in the morning. I probably have a disease or something. By lethargic, I mean I dream of ways to not go to work so I can lay back in bed. Crazy scenarios. Faking a car accident, saying we had a break in, flat tires, I shoulda used that one because I just got new tires, so I coulda produced a receipt and everything. Sick dog, back troubles, "family issue"

Yeah, I like sleeping in, is what I'm saying