I Called In Sick Today

Have you seriously had a black snake hanging from your ceiling? There is no way I would still be living in a house that had snakes inside.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I had a dream, not sure if it was a day dream while awake or a sleepy dream, but shake got a job in Orlando. Hey, I said it was a dream. Anywho, I told him to come live with us for a month or two until he got settled and found a place. I was happy because now I had a workout buddy at the house and we hit all the local drinkeries on the weekends. We were best of buds. Yeah, that's it, that's the dream.

I always pick the line at the market that has someone paying with a check. There's like seven people left in the world that still pay for their groceries with checks and they're always in front of me. This probably doesn't surprise anyone, but people who pay with checks invariably have lots of coupons.
You should probably pick a different lane next time. I bet it would go a lot quicker. However, I know you also always pick the lane with the hottest cashier. Do you think cheque-writers have the same taste in high school girls as you do?
I had a dream, not sure if it was a day dream while awake or a sleepy dream, but shake got a job in Orlando. Hey, I said it was a dream. Anywho, I told him to come live with us for a month or two until he got settled and found a place. I was happy because now I had a workout buddy at the house and we hit all the local drinkeries on the weekends. We were best of buds. Yeah, that's it, that's the dream.
aaaawwwWWW???
You should probably pick a different lane next time. I bet it would go a lot quicker. However, I know you also always pick the lane with the hottest cashier. Do you think cheque-writers have the same taste in high school girls as you do?
Good memory. Who are you, him?
In this equation, does the fact that it was black make a difference?
yes and no. We don't really have all black snakes in Iowa, and it would be even scarier than just a regular looking dark green garter snake.
Have you seriously had a black snake hanging from your ceiling? There is no way I would still be living in a house that had snakes inside.
no, but I've had them outside in my yard and I did find a skin one time under my air conditioning unit in my kitchen window. the "hanging from the ceiling" part was in reference to where the snake would be in beans' scenario.
aw, that's nice, but orlando? I don't know about that. I mean it's gotta be the worst of the florida cities right? it's down there far enough to be really far away from the rest of the country, but still really far away from the best parts of florida like miami, the keys, and then the bahamas, and it's in the middle of the state so it doesn't even have a beach. and there's still the humidity no? I think you and me should get fancy jobs in new york city, get an apartment together, and film our own tv show. you can be miranda!

40 minutes from the beach, which you can drive on (Daytona)Yes it's humidWe are a pretty big, bustling city. I mean, we have a basketball team, Mickey Mouse, Universal Studios and have quite a large amount of tourists. The college, University of Central Florida has the 2nd highest enrollment in the country I believe and you know what that mean...college girls. And I'm sooooooooo Samantha.

Not all of you check the other thread DJV and I post on but there was a good question brought up. What is your Mt. Rushmore of movie bonobos, (boobs) like where a girl got naked and you were like "whoa"I have two so far. Thora Birch from American Beauty, Jamie Lee Curtis from Trading Places and the girl from Just One Of The Guys. What do I need, one more? I'll ponder. Katie Holmes was good but werem't they a little long? I like fuller, round ones.

Typo, but let's make it stick. Let me touch your bonabos (funny, when I tried to type that, it tried to correct it. Where the hell was that 15 minutes ago?)

Let's be honest, check-writers aren't aware of anything going on around them. And there isn't always a hot cashier working; it's like a 1 in 6 chance.
Not all of you check the other thread DJV and I post on but there was a good question brought up. What is your Mt. Rushmore of movie bonobos, (boobs) like where a girl got naked and you were like "whoa"I have two so far. Thora Birch from American Beauty, Jamie Lee Curtis from Trading Places and the girl from Just One Of The Guys. What do I need, one more? I'll ponder. Katie Holmes was good but werem't they a little long? I like fuller, round ones.
One of the conditions was that it was unexpected and that's why Katie came to mind first. I said I had to think about who I would actually put on the Mt. Rushmore.I've never heard of Just One of the Guys. I'm going to assume that Thora Birch is the one lying in the roses and not the one with the mismatched boobs.For the rest of you, other nominees were Phoebe Cates, Halle Berry (Swordfish), and Kate Winslet (Titanic).Does beans's girl from Under Siege count or was that expected? I mean, on one hand she was a Playboy playmate, but on the other hand she just kind of popped up there.Oh, and BigD nominated the random woman in Airplane!How about Rene Russo in The Thomas Crowne Affair?Lot of options here. (It's safe for work.)

So, my boss likes to have meetings every week or every other week or something with each of us. Just little "how you doing, complaints, suggestions, etc" meetings. Well, I assume that's what goes in because in my two years here I've only done one with her because whatever, I get my work done, I know what projects I need to work on and she's never said anything to me about it, so, meh. Well, my "boss" (coworker who isn't really my boss but tells me what to do frequently) does do these meetings and my boss just told my "boss" that I should attend their meeting today and so now I'm worried. I can only assume it got back to my boss that plan on seeking employment elsewhere since I let that slip when I was out drinking with my "boss" last week. At least it's in 45 minutes and I don't have to stew all day about why I'm being asked to attend.

Yeah, you're probably being fired.
Even though this makes no sense to fire me this way, and I'm 95% sure you're joking, this post just convinced me it's like 50/50 I'm getting fired today.
Even though this makes no sense to fire me this way, and I'm 95% sure you're joking, this post just convinced me it's like 50/50 I'm getting fired today.
I don't think you are being fired.What did the odds just move to?
I don't really care but the question made me realize that I wish there were more asses in movies.
First one that came to mind was Megan Fox on the motorcycle in Transformers. Not a bare ass, but whatever.
If they do ask you if you've been job searching, just say "Do you know how much money I make here?"
What is the other thread you're talking about? And there's always a hottest cashier.
There's always a hottest cashier, but not necessarily a hot cashier.The LeBatard thread in entertainment.
strat whats the news on the job with state street? is the temp thing secured?
yeah I'm in as of this am. so many young people work there. no idea when I start, but it's soon.
there are temp jobs that pay $50k+ in KC. I'm sure the same goes for chicago with whatever appropriate cost of living adjustment.applying online is a total waste of time unless you have someone internal helping you get the interview. maybe things are different for people with experience.

just to expand a little, there's no reason not to get with someone like aerotek for the duration of your search. you have a short interview, the agent figures out what you want and gets all your info down, and then you get a phone call at some point in the future asking if you want to be rec'd for an opening. I heard back from my guy within two weeks on something with black & veatch, for example. I guess I should contact all those people and let them know I took this one, eh?