I Called In Sick Today

I am several times more excited about in and out burger than poker, or the city in general. For what I'm going to spend on the trip, the list of places I'd rather go is pretty long. I'm going to do what I can to avoid being obviously miserable, but... yeah I really do not want to go to this god damn wedding.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The last time I visited was 1997.

I'm just not enjoying life at the moment, and that's coloring my outlook on this wedding trip. I am in a weird transition phase at work, coupled with a former friend stabbing me in the back in my annual review, which had some impact on my chances of moving up in the firm. I don't want to get into the details, but it's all political. I should probably be happy anyway--because my life is otherwise pretty good.

So last time you went you weren't of an age to properly enjoy Vegas. I wouldn't use that previous experience to form any sort of metric for expectation or even basic planning.

I think maybe this trip would be the perfect thing to kind of squeegee the negativity off your aura, man. Do some shit you wouldn't normally consider doing like getting a straight razor shave and dropping a couple of bills on really good dinner spot. Maybe hit the high roller at dusk with the lady and a cocktail. Or maybe take her to zumanity, it's a fun burlesque style show that is funny and has some pretty amazing acrobatics plus boobs. Point being, do some stuff that takes you out of your daily grinder mindset for a couple days and you might be surprised how much better your perspective/drive is when you get back to it.

• Like 1

hank, god love him, is gonna tilt at this windmill for the rest of time.

i just watched the movie passengers. very good movie. chris pratt is awesome, and is so jennifer lawrence. love futuristic space movies like that. i'm all aboard taking a 120 year journey to a new planet.

guess nobody else saw it. THEIR LOSS.

i'm on a bird to the windy city early tomorrow morning. then back to greatest city on earth at 5. trying to keep my streak of consecutive flights where i dont have to use the bathroom in tact. i think i'm around 70 flights now.

• Like 1

I haven't used the lavatory on a plane since I was maybe 13. Just ewwwwwww.

Blondie and I just spent a few days in Chitown last week. Nice little getaway. The weather was perfect most of the trip. Upper 70s with a slight breeze to keep the humidity discomfort down.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, job is not in danger, and I actually do like my day to day responsibilities. Just doubtful that I'll ever get back into the trust tree, which is definitely setting some kind of a ceiling on me. I just have to feel it out over the next few months, which is a bit stressful.

I am making steak tonight, because there was an Aldi special on steaks. I am using standard steak seasoning and olive oil. Starting in a skillet with butter, finishing in the oven. It will be my second attempt, after a first that was on par with your low end restaurant steak.

I saw passengers. Thought it was fine. Dont need to see it again but I feel like the bartender violated one of the three laws by ratting Pratt out to J-Law. It all worked out in the end though so who am I to judge?

• Like 1

Made it to the 2nd round/finals of the job process. Second interview is tomorrow afternoon, then they're looking to get the selectmen to vote on it Thursday. Quick happenings.

• Like 3

I really don't know what the big hurry is. My boss gave 6 weeks notice. They didn't start interviewing until 2 weeks after his last day. And now they want to bang out the whole finale in 3 days. The town's in perfectly fine shape monetarily, we don't need any major changes to anything, there's no borrowing coming up that I know of, and Town Meeting isn't until June usually. So I don't get it.

I saw Passengers in the theater and I enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed in the ending, especially the lack of kids.

Strat, what did you say while buzzing from bourbon to get kicked out of the trust tree and your career stifled

2nd. I had no idea that you were out of the trust tree. What's going on?

I saw Passengers in the theater and I enjoyed it. I was a little disappointed in the ending, especially the lack of kids.

I thought about that. But they had 87 years. That's dooming them to live their whole life on the ship. I don't think you can do that.

They could have raised the kid to 15 or whatever and stuck him in the emergency sleep module. I also think they could have taken turns using that module and gotten to the new planet at a reasonable age, especially with medical advancements, if they really wanted to see it, but, whatever. Maybe they explained why they couldn't do that and I missed it.

• Like 1

They could have raised the kid to 15 or whatever and stuck him in the emergency sleep module. I also think they could have taken turns using that module and gotten to the new planet at a reasonable age, especially with medical advancements, if they really wanted to see it, but, whatever. Maybe they explained why they couldn't do that and I missed it.

If they take turns, at best, they can shave the time in half. So they both age 43 years. Plus then they are barely awake together for the next 86 years.

Having a kid and putting him in the pod would be interesting, but that's still pretty selfish. i would have put a baby in j law and then put her in the tube while she was sleeping so they both could live on. But I'm a hero.