I Called In Sick Today

Alive and kicking.

Hows the Chipotle change to chorizo going? I was thinking, I usually forego beans and get double meat. 1 chicken/1 chorizo might be a hell of a good bowl, ya know?

that's what i like to hear. and i went back to exclusively chicken after an ugly episode of vomiting shortly after a chorizo burrito. haven't been able to eat it since. so be careful out there.

I brought an extra shirt to change into between interviews in case I sweat a lot in the first one.

you've got all the bases covered then. good luck buddy.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Christ that was exhausting. Forgot my wallet back at home base so I can't even go buy a coffee to help me out before this next round of interviews. Maybe they'll offer me one and I will accept. Didn't end up needing to change shirts so that's good.

• Like 1

Nap you're gonna be runnin wild in Minny soon enough. We'll get you a hook up for some blue bombers, get you nice and monstered up and you'll plow through the single ladies like a goddamn jackhammer.

• Like 1

And done. Think they went fine but I just have a sinking feeling in my stomach that it was all for naught.

No such thing as "all for naught". At the very least you got your resume updated and a couple practice interviews done. Think strong, be strong, Napster.

Chemo yesterday and back in today for a couple units of blood because my white cells have been running on the low side of normal. Not the most enjoyable way to spend Easter but it'll probably make me feel better so that's good.

• Like 2

Just heard from my recruiter. My #1 job choice is wanting me to go online and officially apply so they can get my consent to run background checks and schedule a piss test so an offer is forthcoming. Thank Brvy I never gave into peer pressure and started smoking. Would have been a real bummer to lose this job because of that.

• Like 4

Thanks.

Good news...salary in is desired range with a salary review in January. Obviously can't promise anything but the assumption is id be bumped up a level to a higher salary + bonus structure. Apparently HR says they can't hire me in at said level.

Bad news...the health insurance is dog shit and potentially a deal breaker, especially with the current political uncertainty.

You don't need health insurance. If you get cancer, they will just fire you anyway. (or so I've heard)

• Like 1

I don't know how you do it, Tilty. You must have the burning passion for life of a thousand suns inside your belly. I admire your fight.

Heh. I have a wife. She ain't letting me skip a single appointment or drug dose. Daughters either for that matter. Doubt I'd be so careful about it if I were alone. Would be too easy to wake up in the morning feeling like crap and just skip an appointment.

You don't need health insurance. If you get cancer, they will just fire you anyway. (or so I've heard)

Correction, They pay for your insurance for an extra month then they fire you,

• Like 1

Heh. I have a wife. She ain't letting me skip a single appointment or drug dose. Daughters either for that matter. Doubt I'd be so careful about it if I were alone. Would be too easy to wake up in the morning feeling like crap and just skip an appointment.

that makes sense. i guess having people who love you and depend on you might be good for a man.

• Like 1

Brvy I couldn't open that, and as Napa Don's attorney I gotta sign off on this thing. It's what he pays me for.

Had a great chipotle bowl today, only problem is the goddamn soda machine is broken so I can't have any water with my meal and the bastards were out of bottled water. My mouth was like the pits of hell.

And I'm off soda completely too. Did I mention that? I finally kicked the habit and now even a sip tastes weird to me. I'm all water all the time. And I'm eating brown rice with my burrito bowls now too. I'm basically a vegan.

• Like 4

I just tried it and it works great. Have one of your secretaries download it for you.

Brvy I couldn't open that, and as Napa Don's attorney I gotta sign off on this thing. It's what he pays me for.

Had a great chipotle bowl today, only problem is the goddamn soda machine is broken so I can't have any water with my meal and the bastards were out of bottled water. My mouth was like the pits of hell.

And I'm off soda completely too. Did I mention that? I finally kicked the habit and now even a sip tastes weird to me. I'm all water all the time. And I'm eating brown rice with my burrito bowls now too. I'm basically a vegan.

The chickens are vegetarian so eating them qualifies you as one I think.

Hey Strat, so when I quit I'm assuming I'll want to move my 401k to like vanguard or fidelity IRA? I currently don't have any accounts other than my 401k so I'll need to set them up. Do I do that before I attempt a rollover or can I do it at the time? I know dave ramsey always stresses making them do a direct account to account rollover so i don't get hit with (temporary) penalties by receiving a check, is that a thing? I have both traditional and roth 401k dollars to roll over and am not really willing to take the tax hit to roll it all over to roth so I'll need 2 sepearate ira's, yes? I'm also 80% vested in our pension plan which I'm pretty sure they just cash you out if you leave before being fully vested? Do you know anything about that mechanisim and what I can do with that if they just cut me a check?