Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Second night in a row getting upgraded to a suite. Tonight's is apparently this hotels largest room. Last nights room was at least twice this big.

I spend way too much time in hotels.

Being gone all week, every week, and sometimes longer, how does that affect your home life?

Being gone all week, every week, and sometimes longer, how does that affect your home life?

I'm gone 4 nights a week normally. The longer trip last month was the first time that's happened in the year and a half I've had this job. Frankly, other than being gone 4 nights, I don't think there's been a negative impact. 10 or 15 years ago it would have been but with the wife and I older and the kids grown it's not that big of a deal.

My wife and I were talking about this last weekend actually. If I could find a 6 figure job where I was home every day that would be better but, for now anyway, we are both ok with the trade off. Definitely not sure I'd still want to be doing this 5 years from now but who knows.

• Like 1

Turns out the drive by the other day was a false alarm. Some dumb kid shot himself and then made up the whole story to cover up his idiocy.

ok, now that sounds like white neighborhood.

• Like 1

Anybody have a hot Friday night? I went to Quiznos with my brother, thn nyquilled up and was asleep by 11. Feeling very refreshed today. Big meeting on Monday so I'm in office going over my notes. Time to shine.

That shirt is a lie because I would never willingly associate with Nebraska.

I spent my Friday putting the first coat of stain on a piece of furniture I made. Was not even close to the shade of darkness I was hoping for. These things usually take 2-3 coats but this was way lighter than usual. Think I'm going to switch up stains. Painted a frame I made for a large mirror this morning. I'll go put on the second coat of stain later today.

I worked last night, and am working tonight as well. I am 90% positive I got my first six figure gift--donor agreed to first $50K, and will probably sign the formal pledge for the second $50K. He agreed too quickly, I should have asked for more. I can go back and say something like,

"Thank you for your $50K commitment, but before you do, let's talk about you applying that pledge to this puppies, rainbows, and kittens initiative for a total of $250K."

Today during the day I am going to the Hammer museum to see the Black Mountain College exhibit. I saw it once already and really liked it--there's an early Rauschenberg and photo of Buckminster Fuller assembling a geodesic dome that I'm still thinking about. I'm attending with my hot nubian princess friend.

Tomorrow I'm going to a Prince dance party. Yasss.

• Like 3

Minwax 2 in 1 poly blend. Have used it numerous times with success. I accidentally bought the water based wood conditioner though. Not sure if that affected things or not.

• Like 1

Had an interview on Thursday for a department head position. It went well. We'll see.

• Like 3