Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Re: Chipotle. I guess I should have expanded on this post a couple weeks ago

I told you losers not to eat chipotle

Because I thought this E Coli thing was a big national news cycle story.

The question I guess is, how bad is this scandal going to be, in terms of brand association. Jack-in-the-box suffered with that for years and years, and I think this comes at a pretty critical time for Chipotle in their growth. Chipotle's food is fine, but their value isn't really a superior product, it's that people think they have a superior product, and are really brand loyal to Chipotle If people think they have a dirty, diseased product, what then? I mean, isn't the point of Chipotle is that you get a reasonable approximation of a real burrito place, but without the questionable hygiene of a taco truck or burrito hut? If Chipotle can't guarantee a hygienic superiority, what do they have, besides maybe real estate and proximity? It's still a young brand.

If this sticks to them, I think the brand itself will fall apart (and the company, too) and that stock will death spiral. Chipotle isn't too big to fail. How much will they have to spend in advertising to combat the brand damage? I don't know, maybe companies can rebound better than I think from brand scandals like this. But this isn't an oil company or a pharmaceutical company, so I dunno.

• Like 1

I think chipotle is going to be fine. I am not sure that the stock is a good investment--I was tongue in cheek when starting the discussion. in reality, companies like AXP and WMT are just way less risky, and a much more reasonable starting point for someone looking to splash around in investments.

the one surprising thing about building my monster screener spreadsheet: the sheer number of good companies out there, even with some relatively strict criteria. the other thing that I didn't expect to see was the frequency with which these companies whip around 30%+ based on relatively minor developments.

the list of companies I have bought and sold at a 30% or greater gain since mid-2014: Target, Whole Foods, McDonalds. it's ridiculous to me that brands that big can have such huge shifts in valuation.

I like how Ronny told me to watch something I'd said I was watching only hours earlier. But he's right, great documentary.

Speedz is back, back again. Nice to see you sir.

Shake go fvck yourself, I didn't miss you at all. Or maybe I did hell I don't know anymore.

Just got a girls number on tinder. She wants my gift, and I'm priming to give it to her.

• Like 2

I like how Ronny told me to watch something I'd said I was watching only hours earlier. But he's right, great documentary.

Speedz is back, back again. Nice to see you sir.

Shake go fvck yourself, I didn't miss you at all. Or maybe I did hell I don't know anymore.

Just got a girls number on tinder. She wants my gift, and I'm priming to give it to her.

I thought you said you were thinking about watching. My bad.

I wouldn't so much cal,it a gift, as I would a curse. Don't prime it too much, otherwise it won't turn over

• Like 1

My recently engaged friend's fiance had gotten them tickets to the Fight Night here in Boston on the 17th. Last night he said she didn't really want to go, so I get the extra ticket, I guess. It's on a Sunday, but MLK day is the 18th, so that works out. Pretty good card too!

http://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-fight-night-boston-2016?id=

I don't think chipotle is popular because it's a reasonable facsimile of a tradional burrito place/taco truck. It's popular because they have targeted the health/non-gmo/locally sourced produce/antibiotic free crowd. They even got a huge pr bump from bringing in tofu for crying out loud. They have good food, are readily available most places and make people feel better about eating burritos because of the above.

The fact that they advertise in store as much as they do their healthy food sourcing, and that they've had such a prolonged issue with Ecoli I think will really hurt them in the short term. Especially since they still haven't found a source. If they were able to point to a specific product/supplier/processor and made a big splash about the changes they've made I think customers would get over this pretty quickly but when countless tests turn up no cause for the outbreak it makes it tough to convince people that you're past the issue.

The only thing that separates Chipolte from like 3 other burrito franchises -- where I also don't eat -- is that they have an app that makes eating there easier. So if I wanted to pay more money for a worse burrito, I'd do it on my #iPhone6sPlus.

• Like 1

It's my birthday. Last night Mr Friendzine took me to some stand up at my request. We saw some losers and then Laura Kightlinger and Neil Hamburger.

Laura had my favorite joke of the night, "I've had two abortions. It's one of the hardest things, to outlive your children."

Now I'm getting soup dumplings and scallion pancakes at a tiny place in the San Gabriel Valley.

• Like 5

I've been holding back on this all month, because it's possibly the most humiliating thing I've ever had to announce: I think the maxed out Surface Book with the discrete graphics card might be my favorite laptop.

I thought the Surface 3 and 4 were great, but they ended up not really replacing an iPad or a laptop for me. The Surface Book is a much worse tablet for the most part, but as a laptop, I've fallen in love with something I hate.

Windows 10 is even really impressive, the only issue I have is that I lose a lot of convinient integration and especially iMessage.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Frau!

• Like 1

I'm having dinner tonight with the girl from Tinder. Not sure what prompted me to do it but Ronnys right I gotta start making moves. Him being the only person to ever tell me that he gets all the credit.

• Like 4

I'll work on that, let me slide into your DMs. But yeah we texted most of yesterday and I was just like hey let's go out some time and she was like FVCK YEAH YOURE THE COOLEST GUY EVER I CANT WAIT GOTTA BE TOMMOROW. And I was like chill baby, but we can make it work. So dinner tonight.

• Like 1

I've been holding back on this all month, because it's possibly the most humiliating thing I've ever had to announce: I think the maxed out Surface Book with the discrete graphics card might be my favorite laptop.

I thought the Surface 3 and 4 were great, but they ended up not really replacing an iPad or a laptop for me. The Surface Book is a much worse tablet for the most part, but as a laptop, I've fallen in love with something I hate.

Windows 10 is even really impressive, the only issue I have is that I lose a lot of convinient integration and especially iMessage.

Be a good partner and explain to me how this demeans you.

I shit you not, soon as I DM'd Napa a pic she texted saying she didn't feel well and had to reschedule. I SHIT YOU NOT.

Period came a couple days early, huh?