I Called In Sick Today

On Facebook this week Randy Reed and one of his friends gave me crap for saying something similar about a Mother Jones article and a talkingpointsmemo article. They said I was too lazy to read, and just because the source was biased, didn't mean it was wrong. That being said:

Wall Street Journal

HealthZette article by Dr. Ramin Oskoui, a cardiologist

Forbes article about how great it is and how no GOP members will even talk about getting rid of it

Politico article about how they dropped it 2 years later. (Jonathan Gruber, a member of the Connector board and also an MIT economist who helped model the state and federal health laws. Only days ago, Gruber had termed the odds of a move to HealthCare.gov as “low.” "If it can fail in Massachusetts, it can fail anywhere,” Ryan Williams added.)

Reason.com

Washington Post

I think with macro-economic policy, it's almost impossible to have a reasonable conversation, because it's just SO complex. There are so many moving parts, that it's nearly impossible to see the effects and understand the causes and solutions.

Also, as I was saying before, teachers salaries vary wildly by state, but get high near retirement age.

"A teacher with 32 years of experience would have made a top-of-the-scale salary of $81,000 in 2010, according to the Royal Oak teacher’s union contract."

http://www.northjers...336376?page=all

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Oh I'm not going to read any of that other stuff either, there's just no particular motivation behind it like there was with cato institute hackery. I simply wanted you to provide a source that, at least on the surface, tries to paint itself a little more neutral for the edification of the sucker who might read your sources.

bazinga?

No problem. It was fun reading about that stuff.

• Like 1

I use 'ignore conversation' in outlook to avoid the reply all dumbasses.

I knew there must be a way. But it all happened so fast. It stopped at 1588. What a wild afternoon.

Strat, here's a link to a .pdf of teacher salaries at one district in Illinois.

http://www.ipsd.org/...Report_FY14.pdf

You might notice a presumably married couple toward the top with 27 sick days per year and a combined 189k/year in base salary.

You might notice a presumably married couple toward the top with 27 sick days per year and a combined 189k/year in base salary.

Obviously gender is a social construct, but call me old fashion, because I believe that a woman's place is in the home. If your partner identifies as female, and you have to rent her out like a donkey to local businesses to make endsmeat, you probably need to work smarter.

I'm sure Tilty agrees with me.

• Like 1

tilty is dead and buried. let no one even speak his name from this time on.

teachers making 90k is interesting. are we talking a high school cause that seems like a lot.

I don't ever want to be blatantly overpaid. sounds stupid to say that, and I'd find a way to deal with the stress if I ever find myself in that position, but I don't want to be a mark for some efficiency-minded person. I don't want to get used to something that's probably not going to last.

Doesn't that just mean that they get the 3% now and then also another 3% later in her retirement pool? Or is this pool for other people and she's not expecting to ever see that money?

The latter.

Obviously gender is a social construct, but call me old fashion, because I believe that a woman's place is in the home. If your partner identifies as female, and you have to rent her out like a donkey to local businesses to make endsmeat, you probably need to work smarter.

I'm sure Tilty agrees with me.

Like a rump roast?
  • Like 1

Did Tilty explicitly leave or has he just disapeared?

Like a rump roast?

There are all different ways for a woman to make money, and I'm not sure any of them are any more respectable than the last.

• Like 1

Xe vanished like a fart in the wind. I tried doing a search off his listed FCP birthday of deaths in California and Oregon and came up with nil. brvy insists xe's still active on LinkedIn, though.

Xe vanished like a fart in the wind. I tried doing a search off his listed FCP birthday of deaths in California and Oregon and came up with nil. brvy insists xe's still active on LinkedIn, though.

Maybe being associated with a gambling website was bad for his career. You know how puritanical the shed game can be.

• Like 4

I still don't think he ever understood why we were saying obtuse. *Shrug*

I have been checking for Northern CA and Wash deaths with his name and nothing has come up.

It's a damn shame, too. In my researching of starting a tax prep business one of the biggest money makers is offering return advances. I thought if anybody could talk me into it, it would've been Tilt.

This is rich.

Why? I mean, she's obviously good at her job, but it doesn't entail a whole lot. Mostly just overseeing other people, helping with budget stuff. Getting grants. It's a good gig.

administratin's the way to go. Head admin in my town of 8k is pulling in 90k+ and she's like 40. She does very little.

Doing very little is the hallmark of someone who is good at their job. If I look like I'm doing a lot, that means I have bad systems in place. If I do my job right, it looks easy.

• Like 1