I Called In Sick Today

I would've held with two pair **** it yo. Play cards bitch.

I recommend purple and green for your rooms decor. But I am a black man, so what do I know. Well except for police shootings.

• Like 2
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

First session back...+2.3k in about 3 hours. Continued to run pretty horrid in tourneys...and actually finished negative in buy-ins, but they were fortunately at 1/2. Also could've been a bigger session if I hadn't had JJ = 55 aipf for $2k each at 10/20 HU. (Board rolled 66A...A...6.) Oh well, still can't be upset with the overall result.

Ron, the photos of the dog pouting are awesome. Thank you.

Cobalt, I'm requesting cat photos, and I'm special requesting photos of the cat hating you.

Napa, I might be busy that weekend. It depends if the wedding is in San Diego or La Jolla.

• Like 2

Hmm...I'm not sure. It was going to be in Temecula but they've changed it.

Tilty...I went back and read my post and now I see your "tail-tale". My apologies.

I'm still in bed. I need to get up and moving. Think I might play around in my woodshop today. Got some gift ideas I want to make.

• Like 2

one time for tilty, dealer.

It was a weird, disjointed night. The poker room was crazy busy because they've been running a series of tournaments via the Ante Up World Championship. NL lists were crazy long so I also went on the 3/6 list and got seated fairly soon. Went fine but I wasn't really into it. They finally called the 1/2 NL game (which had been an interest list) so I left the limit game and headed over to the table. Because they waited 4 hours to start the game, despite a list 15 deep, only 3 other players showed up. So the floor says "sorry, we're making this a 1/3 game" which would be fine except I wasn't planning on playing that game so only had a little over 1 max buy in on me.

Played meh because I always play meh if I'm not rolled for the game. Finally just left down about $100.

Hmm...I'm not sure. It was going to be in Temecula but they've changed it.

Tilty...I went back and read my post and now I see your "tail-tale". My apologies.

I'm still in bed. I need to get up and moving. Think I might play around in my woodshop today. Got some gift ideas I want to make.

I can't believe there would even be a choice between Temecula and San Diego but thank your lucky stars they went with San Diego.

• Like 1

Right, but desert vs San Diego, 100 degrees vs 75 and perfect and it's not even close.

• Like 1

Scram, thanks. Most of the stuff like the blinds and light fixtures came with the house, so we're certainly not attached to them and would be fine replacing them at some point. Points noted on the blinds/colors and the roundness/squareness. The chairs are brand new, so they're not going away. I would be fine rearranging the room, but I only see one other plausible arrangement in floating the couch to face the windows (not sure if I'd hug the partition wall or gap it) and putting the chairs under the windows...and I guess bookshelf in that left corner. It would more clearly delineate the rooms, but I'm concerned it might mess with the flow.

You have to think in terms of symmetrical apportioning and freeing up space. If your apportioning isn't symmetrical, it will wind up looking like hillbillies live there. No imperative to free up space, it will look like an old ladies house. The most valuable tool you can have is a measuring tape.

The room is fine but that partition wall area is arranged like a traffic jam. Two big chairs and a big book case facing a coffee table is clogged. If you put in some nice end tables on either end of the sofa, that would let you free up the chairs. A bit mistake people make is a fear freestanding chairs. They always want them up backed up against a wall. Since you'll be delineating your living space with a good rug, the coffee table is the campfire around which everything will go and you'll just use the chairs to demarcate the living space from the dining space.

Ikea has decent end tables but they tend to be a bit spartan for my own tastes, I believe that end tables should be stylized to offset the hard lines of well designed furniture (but this is just a personal opinion. But its right). Something like this

http://apt528.com/pr...ustom-end-table

... but to your own tastes, would go well with what you have. Two of those on either end representing the terminus of the sofas linear flowage, then a good rug, then a decent coffee table and opposite the main sitting surface of the sofa (with the coffee table in between) the the chairs could freestand.

What styles and colors of rugs do you think we should be considering?

Colors are your call. I love way bold colors but not everyone does. You have to consider the perimeter of free space that will exist around the rug once its installed. That will help you figure out what size to buy. Here's a reasonable plan for a living room like that. I just did it in MS paint and the scale is kentucky windage, but this is how I would lay it out.

8AFD12N.png

ct = coffee table

et = end table

ch = chair

The lines represent contingent equidistances that would make aesthetic sense while being functional (everyone in the chairs and sofa would be able to access the coffee table, the end tables would be accessible and you would have a welcoming entry space towards the wall that was durcheinander frei. You could hang your TV on that wall.)

You'd need a rug that was just inside the perimeter of the furnitures foot space, or a rug that covered the entire space and went past the furnitures back space.

You can take anything I've said here to any interior decorator who charges $200 an hour and he will tell you I'm right.

• Like 1

Napa, I might be busy that weekend. It depends if the wedding is in San Diego or La Jolla.

Wait, does Frau actually go on dates with people from FCP?

If so, Frau, next time you're in Chicago, I'll pick you up in my van and we can go for a ride out into the country.

The front seat's usually full of garbage so I hope you're cool riding in the back by the shovel and duct tape.

• Like 2

The layout that you provided is something that my mom had suggested, and I had considered it, but there is a hitch. The chairs are power recliners, so they need to be plugged in. I guess I can get some of those strip covers that sort of blend with the tile, but I would be concerned with that looking tacky.

WTF is a power recliner?

I agree with scram on the layout though. Not a fan of the glass coffee table at all. It's tacky and makes a nice looking space look like an apartment of someone in their early 20s. I like the couch, mine is similar but not as light in color. You will regret that choice soon (kids!).

Furniture is the biggest ****ing scam in the world. Most of it is shit. Even the so called expensive furniture is mostly junk. The really well built good stuff, is usually so goddam expensive that only CEOs and celebrities can actually afford it. When we bought our Couch, which is now 10 years old, we looked for months for the "right" couch. Did research on the manufacturers, wanted to make sure they were built well (we are rough on furniture). First few months the arm of the chair caved in as was pushing off with my elbow getting up. It was still under warranty so they sent a guy out to fix it. The arm was padding on top of 1/4" thick melamine. This was a $3,000 Italian couch and chair that we waited 5 months for. Everything they showed us at the store was bullshit, Later the cushions started collapsing, still under warranty, they built them back up with extra foam. Now 10 years later I have two sections that are full and built up, and three that are sagging.

At this point future furniture purchases will almost all be second hand, craigslist, consignment stores etc. I'm never paying 15K for a couch, so if it's going to be built like shit regardless, I'd rather spend $500 used and steam clean it, then pay $2000 new and have it fall apart anyway.

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly Ocho. We have purchased "expensive" ($3000 + couch) and cheap ($800) furniture and the lifespan is negligible. And often favors the cheaper furniture. We decided the same last time we bought a couch and chairs, buy mid level stuff that's decent enough without pissing you off too bad when you have to replace it far too soon.

Scram, Scroom, AmScray,

I'm not a good fit. In all of your sexualized, violent fantasies--the whole Bundy to Bobbitt spectrum--none of them feature a white woman who is considerably smaller than you.

Now before you start to listen to Bob Seger or Steely Dan and masturbate your day away, do you have a desk chair reccomenday? I live in a major market, and usually do not have the patience for resale shops.

WTF is a power recliner?

I agree with scram on the layout though. Not a fan of the glass coffee table at all. It's tacky and makes a nice looking space look like an apartment of someone in their early 20s. I like the couch, mine is similar but not as light in color. You will regret that choice soon (kids!).

Furniture is the biggest ****ing scam in the world. Most of it is shit. Even the so called expensive furniture is mostly junk. The really well built good stuff, is usually so goddam expensive that only CEOs and celebrities can actually afford it. When we bought our Couch, which is now 10 years old, we looked for months for the "right" couch. Did research on the manufacturers, wanted to make sure they were built well (we are rough on furniture). First few months the arm of the chair caved in as was pushing off with my elbow getting up. It was still under warranty so they sent a guy out to fix it. The arm was padding on top of 1/4" thick melamine. This was a $3,000 Italian couch and chair that we waited 5 months for. Everything they showed us at the store was bullshit, Later the cushions started collapsing, still under warranty, they built them back up with extra foam. Now 10 years later I have two sections that are full and built up, and three that are sagging.

At this point future furniture purchases will almost all be second hand, craigslist, consignment stores etc. I'm never paying 15K for a couch, so if it's going to be built like shit regardless, I'd rather spend $500 used and steam clean it, then pay $2000 new and have it fall apart anyway.

Instead of a manual lever where it "pops", it has two buttons that slowly make it go up and down (and back). There's a slight whirring sound involved. They're also microfiber but look leather. We spent about $800 on each. It really is one of the most comfortable chairs I've ever sat in.

As for the couch, Beth has had that for at least 5 years, so it's not like it was a recent purchase. (All of our new stuff is black in anticipation of kids.) We did recently have the couches clean and they look like new now. My couch in the den is also a very comfortable and durable couch. I've had it for around 7 years...think it was like $800 at the time. The glass coffee table is whatever...she's had that a long time too, I think. I don't hate it, and we do have a matching end table.

The dining room table and chairs were $1.5k w/ shipping from Ikea.

WTF is a power recliner?

You can buy pre junk age furniture- that is heirloom quality, meant to last forever- for next to nothing. You can have it recushioned or reupholstered.

You can also have furniture made to your own specs, including with beefed up joinery and wood members. Its often times surprisingly inexpensive.

Scram, Scroom, AmScray,

I'm not a good fit. In all of your sexualized, violent fantasies--the whole Bundy to Bobbitt spectrum--none of them feature a white woman who is considerably smaller than you.

Now before you start to listen to Bob Seger or Steely Dan and masturbate your day away, do you have a desk chair reccomenday? I live in a major market, and usually do not have the patience for resale shops.

Nothing by Eames or Miller. Overpriced, predictable, arriviste shit.

• Like 1

Okay...spent the past hour or so rearranging the living room to see if I like anything better. Took pictures. First one is original configuration.

jg0HqRm.jpg

AFT5yWh.jpg

9tqpyP8.jpg

sACN7wz.jpg

GsN17o4.jpg

ySt7sCs.jpg

Xi8mv9F.jpg

mVEMbyY.jpg

mkwNYVF.jpg

Df56URV.jpg

rCyRsSS.jpg

I'm kind of liking the look of #7...when I'm actually in it. Not sure I like how it looks from the outside. Maybe it'd look better if it had something hanging on the partition wall.

• Like 1

The only thing that gives me pause about 5 is the cords for the recliners. It's a tidy space and constantly seeing those cords would be like the cut on the roof of your mouth that just won't heal.

• Like 1

number 5 is the best. but i'm still not sure what the point of the room is. you gonna just sit there, facing each other, not watching tv?

Also, why have those giant comfy reclining chairs if they are just going to be in a sitting room. Those are TV watching chairs everyday of the week. Especially Sunday, because, football.

• Like 4

Tobias

y1cPlNH.jpg

Sorry, frau...he doesn't give a lot of contemptuous looks. I might be able to get one of Ariel.

Good looking out, thank you! Maybe fumble with the bag at feeding time? Or splash water from the water bowl on his paws?

• Like 1

I had all these things that I should have done today, could have done today and wanted to do today. I didn't do any of them. Instead I sat around on my crappy old Italian couch, drank some beer, watched some baseball and now I am watching November Man on Netflix.

Bottom line, not doing things is WAY easier than doing things.

• Like 1