I Called In Sick Today

the person made it sound like, "if it doesn't happen through the interview, we'll get you placed with them." I don't know whether to take that comment at face, but if it is true, it's probably the end of my job searching. for now anyway.I'm not super worried either way. I just want to work for them, guapo be damned.
My goodness, you definitely want to get hired directly. Once the company spent the time and money to hire you, they are internally committed. There was a department in Wells that was firing temps for only hitting 90% of their goal, and keeping regular employees only hitting 50%. You're correct about the temp agency wanting to get paid.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

yes you do. oh man we just got a new intern at work and this girl is just stuuupid adorable. just ridiculous. one of those girls thats so cute you can't even really think about her in a sexual way. that shit's cray.

Yeah, I've had no contact with said girl. Talked to my friend to see if she would help orchestrate and "accidental" run in, but I don't think she understood what I was asking. I suck.
Accidental run-ins are for people who don't already have the phone number.
Accidental run-ins are for people who don't already have the phone number.
Or a penis.

"Hey, this is Napa, you going to that celebration (or whatever it's called)? My friends and I are probably going back for it."Although, let's be honest, you probably need a more qualified Cyrano de Bergerac than me.

one of those girls thats so cute you can't even really think about her in a sexual way.
One of what girls that you can't what about in a what way?
Alright you fucks, tell me what to text her then. My plans have since changed to I'll be there Friday and my sister is no longer attending.
"Hey, it's Napa. I know it's been a while since we met at _______'s _________, but I came across your number and thought I'd see if you'd be up for letting me buy you a beer this weekend. Hope all's well."

Dammit, Speedz. I think I have to text her now. The worst part of this that she definitely knows me by my last name because that's what everybody called me, and so I either have to say my first name and risk a "who?" or go full first-last and sound super formal or use just my last name which sounds juvenile. I'm basically just making excuses at this point.

Dammit, Speedz. I think I have to text her now. The worst part of this that she definitely knows me by my last name because that's what everybody called me, and so I either have to say my first name and risk a "who?" or go full first-last and sound super formal or use just my last name which sounds juvenile. I'm basically just making excuses at this point.
Just use your first and last name, who gives a shit if she thinks it's formal. It's much better than the other options, and it does make sense considering how little you know her and how long it's been since you got the number. Just do it, really, it's no big fucking deal if she's not interested for whatever reason. You'll get laid 0% of the time if you never try.

You could ask her if she wants to make Marjoranas. Well, actually this seems to great pick up line for the Big Bang guys, vb or LLY, who probably like to throw in some whacky particles banter while fumbling for words.Mysterious Particle Found After Decades of Searchinghttp://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-particle-...-130005728.htmlAnd I only thought of this because of my new fascination with Cara Santa Maria. (Cool name)

Cara Santa Maria is a North Texas native who currently lives in Los Angeles. Prior to moving to the west coast, she taught biology and psychology courses to university undergraduates and high school students in Texas and New York. Her published research has spanned various topics, including clinical psychological assessment, the neuropsychology of blindness, neuronal cell culture techniques, and computational neurophysiology. Most recently, she explored the mechanisms underlying adult neurogenesis in Taeniopygia guttata (the zebra finch).
I found her because she does the blog, Talk Nerdy To Me.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cara-santa-m..._b_1420279.htmlI read her blog occaionally but saw her on the Young Turks videohttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/03/c..._n_1400858.htmlOr hell, here's a ton of picshttps://www.google.com/search?q=Cara+Santa+...920&bih=953But, I have forever changed my opinion of nerdy chicks and have a new appreciation of science.Oh and I'd like to let my whacky particles make marjoranas with her.

Just pictured your name as "John Naperstein" for some reason and it made me laugh. I'm the worst.Although, brag post, last night I made someone laugh so hard that he had multiple tears running down his face. The lady and I were drinking with her upstairs neighbors, a couple around our respective ages that we're just starting to be more friendly with, and I let loose a pretty loud fart. I'm usually pretty low-key about that kind of thing, but it just kind of slipped out accidentally. I broke the immediate mildly awkward silence with my favorite joke ("joke"), which is doing a spot-on impression of my fart. That particular one was a quick, high-pitched, "HERRP!" Killed. Even the ladies were rolling for a while. I'm telling you, add that one to your repertoire. You may have to practice at home, though. It's not as easy as you think to immediately bust out a good impression of your own gas.

yes you do. oh man we just got a new intern at work and this girl is just stuuupid adorable. just ridiculous. one of those girls thats so cute you can't even really think about her in a sexual way. that shit's cray.
FRIEND HER ON FACEBOOK! Hurry!
That was good, except don't call yourself Napa.
And call it VEISHEA, not "a celebration".
One of what girls that you can't what about in a what way?
This reminds me. I think of Speedz' girlfriend as one of these super cute, super friendly chicks. Like Carey Mulligan or whatever. I'm not sure why, since you never talk about her.
tell her your hobby is magnets
haha
This reminds me. I think was Speedz' girlfriend as one of these super cute, super friendly chicks. Like Carey Mulligan or whatever. I'm not sure why, since you never talk about her.
Well shit, now I do too.I think of beans's wife as Kelly Ripa.
This reminds me. I think was Speedz' girlfriend as one of these super cute, super friendly chicks. Like Carey Mulligan or whatever. I'm not sure why, since you never talk about her.
Yeah, that's pretty accurate. I mean, everyone has different taste, but I'm very into the petite (shocker) brunettes who are relatively friendly and outgoing (and obviously they have to be funny and think I'm funny). Also she's down for a few drinks every night and the occasional abuse of other substances, which is a big bonus. I don't talk about her much because there's nothing interesting about a good relationship.Napa, maybe the best way to go is to write exactly what I recommended into your phone. Then have a few beers, gather some courage, and hit send while you resist the urge to vomit. If it's easier, just plan on not responding to her tonight if she gets back to you, that way you can sleep on it regardless.