I Called In Sick Today

Why would your manager know what all of her managers make? I make a lot more than Shake (who doesn't) so I can't complain as much, but I did find out that my "boss" (who I now share all responsibilities with) makes >2x what I get paid. I too am exploring the market. I've been in the same place for almost 9 years, I'm starting to think the only way to earn a decent wage is to job hop a few times. Said boss that is making 2x what I am hasn't had a raise in the 5 years he has been at my company either.
oh the "manager" I was talking to was a big manager, like "division manager" style. she knows because they work for her. but yeah, I think you're right, that the only real way to get raises is to job hop. of course my dumb ass took a pay cut to come to my current job so there's that (even though I'm making way more than I should right!).
I don't know where Shake works, but I worked for Wells Fargo for awhile and every job has a very specific title and the pay range for that particular title is all over the jobs site on Wells Fargo teamworks, so you can pretty accurately determine what your manager makes.
yeah we talked about that too, how most larger companies are pretty open about their pay scales if not actually posting them online or something, compared to my company who won't give out ANY information about it. like even the person I was talking to, who's in charge of about 100 people/an entire department, they won't tell HER a salary range for positions she wants to hire for; she has to guess a number and ask them if it's ok or not. crazy stuff.
I think, at some level, you have to be a useful employee for that to work
so far in my ten years of working experience since college, this is pretty much the least true thing about the employment market. it's absolutely all about what you can put on your resume, then how well you can sell that resume in the interview process, then how much ass you kiss and how many elbows you rub once you get in. job performance means fuck all. seriously, you need to take a salesmanship course or some shit. I know that's not one of your strengths and you had been counting on actual "intelligence" and "capabilities" to get you a career, just like I did originally, but that shit ain't gonna fly. seriously, do a seminar or something. and yeah, get an mba and some other stupid letters to put behind your name.
Like, I literally cannot believe this. I know people over there at Baby Gap, and have a rough idea what you make. I really don't think that is possible. Unless the living expenses in Virginia are literally 1/10 of the rest of the country.
it's still baffling to me as well. I just can't understand why anybody would a) accept a position with that level of responsibility for that pay and b) stay in it for any length of time, unless they were completely oblivious to the world around them. there's only two real reasons/barriers that I can come up with as to how it's possible: 1 - the lower level leadership positions that she was talking about, and I guess up to her level too, aren't very transferable. it's mainly based on skills about the systems and products, and the only "drag and drop" skills are people management. I guess it makes it more difficult for them to be attractive to other employers. 2 - it's not so much that living expenses are that much lower here; I think it's more the isolation. for those types of positions, there are literally no other decent companies for them to go to in my city, so if they wanted to upgrade, they'd have to move their entire families away, and I guess the company knows that and plays off it. even still, I simply can't understand how that many people can care so little about getting fucked straight in the ass every 2 weeks that they continue with it for years on end while knowing there's no improvement coming. hmm, maybe this is why it's mostly women in management there.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

tell you one thing though, there is one positive to this whole debacle: I'm taking this girl from work out tonight, and before I was all worried, like what if somebody from the company saw us and how would that affect my career and all that. fuck that noise; now I'm ready to bang her on a desk in the middle of the office during business hours. fuck 'em.

tell you one thing though, there is one positive to this whole debacle: I'm taking this girl from work out tonight, and before I was all worried, like what if somebody from the company saw us and how would that affect my career and all that. fuck that noise; now I'm ready to bang her on a desk in the middle of the office during business hours. fuck 'em.
Like a boss!
2sDCt.giffuckin korean SC pros man
don't judge me.and shake- what do u make a year? with all this pay talk i'm curious and am far too lazy to go look it up.on another note, i'm hungover and stuck at work all day. yaaaay

Why is everyone talking like shake and strat do the same thing? I thought that strat wanted to be in finance and shake is some kind of engineering prick?

how about three?5Bw8E.jpg
Hey, that looks like the Heart Attack burger I dominated.
I'm starting to think the only way to earn a decent wage is to job hop a few times.
Welcome to the way it's been for the past 20 years!
That's the spirit!

no I'm in finance too (kinda, not trading though) but not in an actual "finance" position. I'm a businessman! a real shitty one.and cw, Im not gonna say exactly what I make a year, but put it this way: the last time you were in mcdonalds, that 22 year old guy in the tie? he makes more.

so far in my ten years of working experience since college, this is pretty much the least true thing about the employment market. it's absolutely all about what you can put on your resume, then how well you can sell that resume in the interview process, then how much ass you kiss and how many elbows you rub once you get in. job performance means fuck all. seriously, you need to take a salesmanship course or some shit. I know that's not one of your strengths and you had been counting on actual "intelligence" and "capabilities" to get you a career, just like I did originally, but that shit ain't gonna fly. seriously, do a seminar or something. and yeah, get an mba and some other stupid letters to put behind your name.
Absolute facts of the big corporate world. Every single one of my managers at Wells Fargo was just a nibble above retarded.Also be good looking. That's basically the #1 job requirement for management.
I'm at the honda place getting my oil changed and there is a woman here that looks just like the waitress.
Maybe she is?Yell: Mary! She's from Mississippi. Use that knowledge to impress/bang her.
and cw, Im not gonna say exactly what I make a year, but put it this way: the last time you were in mcdonalds, that 22 year old guy in the tie? he makes more.
This is why I always end up reconsidering whenever I plan on leaving my job. It's the kind of job where there really is no happy customer, because the happy customers don't ever interact with you, and sitting in an office alone all day with long periods of absolutely nothing to do seems awesome, and is pretty clutch on days like this (hungover and tired) but starts to drive you a bit crazy after a while. Also, since I'm doing basically nothing all day, it makes the periods of time when I actually do have to work seem that much worse. But I get paid decently (i have terrible spending habits which makes it seem like less, but alas), my schedule is awesome and my only coworker is a milf.
51 User(s) are reading this topic (48 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)1 Members: Tiltinagain
Think I'm going to try the new Wendy's today. What do I need to get again?
Any burger.**not on the dollar menu. (I haven't been there yet, but this is what my intel has gathered.)

I think many, if not most, people sell themselves short when it comes to employment. They get comfortable in the environment; like the people they work with,are set in the routine of the office and have found their place in the culture of the company. People, in general, don't like, or more accurately are afraid, of change. They worry about leaving their "friends". Will they fit in at a new company? They worry about every little thing down to how breaks and lunch periods work. On top of that, they watch too much of the god damned news and let themselves be convinced that the job market is essentially non-existent. All this convinces them to not even try to find something else. To the extent that they come up with excuses for not applying to openings that would be an upgrade for them.In short, most people don't move forward because they hold themselves back.Sometime you've got to say "Well, fuck it then" and get out of your comfort zone. Or keep doing what you're doing and bitch about it on the internets.edit; This is not directed at anyone inparticular. Though I know it sounds that way. Just a general observation. And voice of experience.

Good morning brv!!

like, nothing about the process is appealing to me. I don't want to deal with the politics and power struggling that you find in big companies. this is why I tried to make it into trading.I'm going to enroll online at a community college and try to get into some coding classes for the spring semester. maybe I can get the bank to pay for my series 7, or at least sponsor me. those two things would probably be enough to get me into something entry-level in chicago.

wow really? nothing?well anyways, she's got two kids and a crazy stalker ex husband. I think I'm in love. I'm sure you cuntfuck are too now. this'll be interesting.ALSO: saw Drive. jesus mary and joseph. this was a good fucking movie. by far the best movie I've seen since no country, and that's including all the classic good movie shit I've been getting from netflix. I was actually jittery after the movie from being so tense for so long.

wow really? nothing?well anyways, she's got two kids and a crazy stalker ex husband. I think I'm in love. I'm sure you cuntfuck are too now. this'll be interesting.
Excellent.
ALSO: saw Drive. jesus mary and joseph. this was a good fucking movie. by far the best movie I've seen since no country, and that's including all the classic good movie shit I've been getting from netflix. I was actually jittery after the movie from being so tense for so long.
I'm coming up on a rough week (I know, nobody cares, but I'm going to tell you about it anyway). On Friday we have our Anesthesia & Analgesia final, which is extra stressful for me because I got a 74 on the midterm (it was a rough test, a bunch of people failed), so I have to do decently well. That's not all that out of the ordinary, but this is my week in the spay lab, which means that I have to be at school from 6am-9pm daily. In addition to studying and going to class, I have to take care of the dog I'm spaying (bloodwork, treatments, walking, feeding, etc.), on Tuesday I'm running the anesthesia for someone else's spay, and on Wednesday I'm performing my first solo spay. I's a wee bit stressed, although not nearly as much as most kids in my class during their week. I told that story because my gift to myself on Friday night will be going to see Drive, followed by lots of drinking and about 14 hours of sleep. I think the girlfriend will join me, but I'm doing it alone if I have to. I was already looking forward to it, but your review has me pretty excited. Oh, and I think I'll go to 5 Guys for dinner before the movie.
I told that story because my gift to myself on Friday night will be going to see Drive, followed by lots of drinking and about 14 hours of sleep. I think the girlfriend will join me, but I'm doing it alone if I have to. I was already looking forward to it, but your review has me pretty excited. Oh, and I think I'll go to 5 Guys for dinner before the movie.
I'm going to be honest, I skipped the part I deleted out, but still, I think maybe I will do this too, except not as a gift to myself, because I don't need to reward myself for anything, but still, I like the idea of a good movie, some drinking, some burgers, and a whole lotta sleep, except since I don't have anything else going on, I may not bother to wait until Friday, but it's still like we're basically going on a date, just in different cities, on different nights, not together, in different countries, no homo.(Jesus, breathe, man)
I'm going to be honest, I skipped the part I deleted out, but still, I think maybe I will do this too, except not as a gift to myself, because I don't need to reward myself for anything, but still, I like the idea of a good movie, some drinking, some burgers, and a whole lotta sleep, except since I don't have anything else going on, I may not bother to wait until Friday, but it's still like we're basically going on a date, just in different cities, on different nights, not together, in different countries.
That makes me happy. Well, except for this part:
no homo
It's ok to be a little homo now and again.