Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

It's really frustrating because that one guy made the choice to do a deliberate handball and get sent off. Ghana should have had that goal, but his cheating gave Uruguay a second chance they didn't deserve.

Four 10's is alright. Big obvious upside to 3 day weekend every week. However, toward the end of day 3 you can start to get a little crispy around the edges and most of day 4 is treated a day to just coast and do as little actual work as possible (even more so than every other day). It would suck more for married people with young kids, you'd basically get home in time to put them to bed etc.

It's really frustrating because that one guy made the choice to do a deliberate handball and get sent off. Ghana should have had that goal, but his cheating gave Uruguay a second chance they didn't deserve.
You gotta make that penalty. You have to. No goals are free. I wanted Ghana to win too, but god damn it you gotta make that kick.Brutal.
Really smart play though.For poppy: That's a heady play.
- banged Brittany Spears. when she was still hot. until she wasn't hot,- wrote Cry Me A River about her after dumping her,- banged Cameron Diaz, Jessica Biel, Alyssa Milano, AND SCARLETT JOHANSEN afterwards,
Yeah, he's fairly awesome. Not sarcasm.
Summary: He was successful in business and married a whore, albeit an attractive one.
Beeeecause she dances provocatively (sp)? That makes her a whore?She's always seemed quite nice to me.
It's really frustrating because that one guy made the choice to do a deliberate handball and get sent off.
Every man to play in the world cup would have done the same thing in that situation, rightfully so.
Every man to play in the world cup would have done the same thing in that situation, rightfully so.
Absolutely. He saved the game for them. And it's not like it went unpunished, so we shouldn't call it cheating. He got a red card, will be out for the next game, and the other team got a penalty kick for the win.
Ali was the hardest for me to seed because I think he's a no-doubt #1 in his prime, but current Ali doesn't really do anything. But he walks into an NBA locker room and he still inspires awe among them.
I was just going to post the fact that Jordan got screwed being with Ali as a 4 seed. I don't think there's any way Ali loses to Jordan. I also don't think you should go by his Parkinson's self. He is still alive, and was the absolute pinnacle of cool almost his entire life. I think he would even give Jack a run for his money. If Jack and Ali ran into each other in their prime's, which one would be more gleeful. I would pick Jack... which means Ali is cooler.

We don't know who the coolest guy in the world is, because that's exactly the way I he wants it.

And it's not like it went unpunished, so we shouldn't call it cheating. He got a red card, will be out for the next game, and the other team got a penalty kick for the win.
Concur.
I was just going to post the fact that Jordan got screwed being with Ali as a 4 seed. I don't think there's any way Ali loses to Jordan. I also don't think you should go by his Parkinson's self. He is still alive, and was the absolute pinnacle of cool almost his entire life. I think he would even give Jack a run for his money. If Jack and Ali ran into each other in their prime's, which one would be more gleeful. I would pick Jack... which means Ali is cooler.
is that how we're evaluating this? by who would be more impressed if the two in the bracket pair were to meet?
We don't know who the coolest guy in the world is, because that's exactly the way I he wants it.
Hey look, your little edit looks like an upside down cross. Your people shit on Jesus once more.

Also, for the record, can we all just go back to jeepstering MDG? He is trying to be the antagonist, and doing a piss poor job of it. He is just saying things that are insane and that literally nobody would agree with.

is that how we're evaluating this? by who would be more impressed if the two in the bracket pair were to meet?
At that point, it's all just semantics.
Absolutely. He saved the game for them. And it's not like it went unpunished, so we shouldn't call it cheating. He got a red card, will be out for the next game, and the other team got a penalty kick for the win.
I am going to sleep now so I won't argue properly but here is a summary of why it was wrong/annoying: game isn't played that way... Sportsmanship... Bad precedent to set... Ghana played a better game.
I am going to sleep now so I won't argue properly but here is a summary of why it was wrong/annoying: game isn't played that way... Sportsmanship... Bad precedent to set... Ghana played a better game.
I can't really argue if you say that the game isn't played that way, but there are plenty of similar examples in other sports where players do things against the rules knowing it will be properly penalized, but still gives them a better chance at winning.
This sentence is why girls shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports.
The game is played that way. Taking a penalty on purpose is not bad sportsmanship, it's part of the game, same as making a hard tackle on a guy that looks as if he might score. It doesn't set a precedent, since every player on earth would already do the same thing in that situation. Ghana may have played a better overall game, but many times that doesn't turn into a win. Dude should've made the penalty shot.
I twice took the same penalty when I played semi-competitive soccer when I was really young. The first was basically an accident. The second time was hilarious. We were winning 2-1 in what was a de facto championship game, and our keeper came off the line and badly misplayed a corner kick. I was on the back post, and slid into his spot. Somebody fired a shot from about 9 yards out, and -- being a former goalie -- I reached to my right, knocked the ball down with my hands, and then, figuring the damage was already done, just picked it up, held it until the whistle blew, and handed it to the ref when he booked me. Of course I got sent off and they got a PK, but the guy taking the kick put it off the post. We ended up holding them off for 15 minutes or so, and winning the league, and I was given the game-ball. That was a great year. We played 22 games, and I got booked 8 times, including 2 red cards. I was playing up a year, and I'm already "young for my age" (summer birthday), so the average player was like 17 months older than me, which is a pretty big deal when you're in 6th grade. When I joined the team, we were absolutely terrible, but we got really, really good, really, really quick, and a few years after I joined, we were suddenly one of the best teams for our age group in the state. I remember thinking, before that season, that I was probably not going to get invited back, and I totally understood. I mean, I'd had a good season the year before, but all of a sudden kids were trying out that were just waaaaaay better than me. At tryouts, he pulled us all together and said that there were only two spots open,and he needed us to play as hard as we could during tryouts so he could get a good look at all the new kids trying to get one. One kid had moved -- first spot -- and I just assumed that the other spot was mine. (Now, this was totally irrational, because I'd started the year before at left back, and played 80 minutes/game, but I was just a kid and never really felt like I belonged since I was so much younger, anyway.) I loved my coach, because he gave me a shot when nobody else did. I'd actually gotten offers to play for other teams that wouldn't have looked at me if it hadn't been for Stan. So, terrified that I was going to get disappoint my coach and get cut, I was an animal during tryouts. I was just tearing people's limbs off, annihilating kids. During a scrimmage at the end of the first day, I actually slowed down so a kid would get to a ball at the same time I did, just so I could stick him and knock him on his ass. I played the ball upfield, and when he got up and started sprinting back, I stuck out my leg, sent him sprawling, then stepped on him as I ran by. My coach pulled me aside, and asked what had gotten into me. I basically told him that I was scared of not making the team, and there were so many new kids who were bigger and stronger and faster, and I understood if he felt like he had to give my spot away because I was so young. I appreciated the opportunity and all, but I wasn't going to let somebody walk onto MY field and have MY spot without having to pay the price. I think I was either in tears, or very near them. Stan informed me that I wasn't getting cut and that I'd always have a place on his team. I still remember him looking down at me, reminding about how bad we were just a few years ago, and using some war metaphors. He then told me to remember exactly how I felt when I thought I was playing for my life, put it away for a while, and then pull it out later when my back was against the wall.Early in the season, we were losing at home, and Stan, furious, gave this motivational speech, including one part at the end where he talked about how during tryouts, Derek was willing to basically dismember people to keep his spot on the team, that nobody was going to come onto HIS field and take HIS spot. So, right after half-time, in a situation where it wasn't really called for, I went to the ground and went in hard. I got the ball first, but I popped up and basically took the kids legs out from under him. The ref ran over, held up his yellow, and after the ensuing set play, I don't think they got the ball past midfield. We won something like 6-2, and Stan played his starters until the last minute. How did I get to this part? Oh yeah. The handball. It's an automatic play in a close game.

I thoroughly enjoyed that story, D-Bear.I have a great day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm still at my parents' place down the cape (great clam chowder and lobster roll for dinner tonight), but I'm on my own for the rest of the weekend. My plan:9:00am - wake up10:00am - go get a good breakfast11:00am - take a few pain pillsnoon - head to the pool to lounge, read, and swim2:00pm - small lunch with a drink or two2:30pm - back to the pool5:00pm - nap7:00pm - drink on the back porch8:00pm - get takeout from the restaurant next door8:15pm - smoke a jib, drink more9:00pm - throw in a movie (suggestions?)9:00pm - eat, a lot11:00pm - sleep, a lot

Does anyone else sometimes get the feeling that Speedz is Billy Madison, except more intelligent and a with a smidgen more motivation?
Fuck that, I put in more hours during my school year than most people put into their jobs in 12 full months of work.Though your point is well taken. Of anyone I've ever met, I'm the most capable of living the Billy Madison lifestyle. I wouldn't, however, even if I hit the Powerball or something and got ridiculously wealthy...the whole vet school thing has ruined that for me. Even if I did hit that jackpot I'd finish school and volunteer as a shelter vet. You know, at least a few days a week. Schedule permitting.Edit: Weather permitting as well...the lambo won't do well in anything but dry sunshine.
This sentence is why girls shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports.
I'm sure different cultures have different ideas about how a game ought to be played. she's female, but she's also a lifetime soccer fan...also, b.
also, b.
Dammit strat, why are you always defending her whenever I say anything? Plus, she's like the last person on Earth that needs a defender. Ten other people also said her comment was crap, but you choose me. She has me on ignore! She won't even see my comment! Why bother, my brother? I don't hate you. I don't even dislike you a little bit, but dammit if you don't act like you hate me. Let's be friends from here on out, ok?