I Just Wanted To Say. . .

and you disable the chat and avatars why?seems like avoiding situations would make you more of a *****.though your obvious inability to interact with people might make that a good move.
wow the douschebags really came out in flock to this thread. i have the avatars and chat disabled in online poker because they offer nothing more than a distraction. i don't play online to socialize, i play online to make money. the chat offers you no valuable information with which to make your decisions, such as a conversation at a live table might. online poker is a numbers game and the biggest tell online is a players betting pattern and timing, neither have anything to do with avatars or chat. if you want to sit there and chat up about the latest sex and the city episodes with your online competition that is your prerogative.

Actually you sometimes miss valuable information by turning chat off. Sometimes players will say what they had (and even if they're lying, it's still information). Other times players are talking lots of **** about how good they are, and you can get information based on that. And other times players will discuss exactly how they played the previous hand and why, as though the table were a learning center. Missing out on that is missing out on helpful info.

This is so wrong I almost passed out upon reading it.
then your a moron. as tim stated most of it is lies. so lets take a moment to think about this for a second. in a live game you can use the 'caro science' to determine if that person is telling the truth based on their mannerisms. now your saying that this raw data, mostly bullshit, has a value, and can be views as +ev? i'd love for you to explain that. how do you plan on interpreting this information? consulting your magic 8 ball?you, sir, are a dumbass
then your a moron. as tim stated most of it is lies. so lets take a moment to think about this for a second. in a live game you can use the 'caro science' to determine if that person is telling the truth based on their mannerisms. now your saying that this raw data, mostly bullshit, has a value, and can be views as +ev? i'd love for you to explain that. how do you plan on interpreting this information? consulting your magic 8 ball?you, sir, are a dumbass
If you use spell check, and take just a minute or two more when you're posting, you can at least pretend that you didn't drop out of junior high. I've gotten people to tilt so many times in chat it's absurd. Usually they are "then *your* a moron" and "you, sir are a dumbass" types. Also, often I can tell who has respect for my game, and will fold more easily to my pressure through chat, and often people who are getting impatient, or off their game. There are many indicators online, if you have basic reading skills and comprehension, which may explain why you are unable to pick up on such indicators.So listen up, you thick-browed, knuckle dragging son of a silverback-- the next time you're sitting at the computer, eating your mothers freshly prepared, easy on the teeth, non-choking-hazard Cream of Wheat, and your chinstrap slips up over your mouth, as it sometimes does, and you start having one of your fits where you shake and yell and bang your head, and you start flailing away at your keyboard in an attempt to express your frustration... someone reading your chat may be able to work it out that you really are emotionally uneven at the moment, and take advantage.Don't have children; they would have a genetic disadvantage, which would be akward for them.
If you use spell check, and take just a minute or two more when you're posting, you can at least pretend that you didn't drop out of junior high. I've gotten people to tilt so many times in chat it's absurd. Usually they are "then *your* a moron" and "you, sir are a dumbass" types. Also, often I can tell who has respect for my game, and will fold more easily to my pressure through chat, and often people who are getting impatient, or off their game. There are many indicators online, if you have basic reading skills and comprehension, which may explain why you are unable to pick up on such indicators.So listen up, you thick-browed, knuckle dragging son of a silverback-- the next time you're sitting at the computer, eating your mothers freshly prepared, easy on the teeth, non-choking-hazard Cream of Wheat, and your chinstrap slips up over your mouth, as it sometimes does, and you start having one of your fits where you shake and yell and bang your head, and you start flailing away at your keyboard in an attempt to express your frustration... someone reading your chat may be able to work it out that you really are emotionally uneven at uthe moment, and take advantage.Don't have children; they would have a genetic disadvantage, which would be akward for them.
hahahahahaha. that is the funniest shit i've read all week. so you put people on tilt through the chat window and make them fold to you? hahahaha. this might work playing .01-.02 but its not going to work playing 1/2 and up. as for the spelling, i could fcking care less. if you have to resort to spell check to flame then your pathetic anyways, that is the best you could come up with? but if you can't find a better way to support your argument, so be it. the only time i post on this forum is when i'm playing, so i've got 6-7 games loaded up and this forum window in the open slot, i'm not going to take the time to spell/grammar check. as for being GED material, i already have my minor in english, ha, and in a year i'll have a degree in computer science. and by reading your post i'm sure you think you could take a couple bills off a complete moron like myself, PM me and i will play any stakes you want heads up nl,-steal
hahahahahaha. that is the funniest shit i've read all week. so you put people on tilt through the chat window and make them fold to you? hahahaha. this might work playing .01-.02 but its not going to work playing 1/2 and up. as for the spelling, i could fcking care less. if you have to resort to spell check to flame then your pathetic anyways, that is the best you could come up with? but if you can't find a better way to support your argument, so be it. the only time i post on this forum is when i'm playing, so i've got 6-7 games loaded up and this forum window in the open slot, i'm not going to take the time to spell/grammar check. as for being GED material, i already have my minor in english, ha, and in a year i'll have a degree in computer science. and by reading your post i'm sure you think you could take a couple bills off a complete moron like myself, PM me and i will play any stakes you want heads up nl,-steal
You've confirmed my suspicion that you don't so much compose posts as string words you have a vague familiarity with together and hope it forms a coherent whole. Unfortunately, the whole is even lesser than the sum of it's parts, and watching you repeatedly make a fool of yourself is decidedly aaaaakkkkwwwaaaarrdd.

you can't defend your argument so instead you digress back to your role as the english professor? i've had the pleasure of sitting through countless hours of lectures from these astute individuals. the majority of them were flakey homosexuals who used the class room as a platform for preaching far left rhetoric to todays youth. i am not sure if you were aware of this or not but this is a poker forum, not an english class. so if you ever decide to take a break from running spell check on my posts and decide to actually play poker my offer still stands. i'm willing to play any stakes you can handle in the game of your choice. i'll even go as far as enabling my chat so you can have a chance to put me on tilt.

If you use spell check, and take just a minute or two more when you're posting, you can at least pretend that you didn't drop out of junior high. I've gotten people to tilt so many times in chat it's absurd. Usually they are "then *your* a moron" and "you, sir are a dumbass" types. Also, often I can tell who has respect for my game, and will fold more easily to my pressure through chat, and often people who are getting impatient, or off their game. There are many indicators online, if you have basic reading skills and comprehension, which may explain why you are unable to pick up on such indicators.So listen up, you thick-browed, knuckle dragging son of a silverback-- the next time you're sitting at the computer, eating your mothers freshly prepared, easy on the teeth, non-choking-hazard Cream of Wheat, and your chinstrap slips up over your mouth, as it sometimes does, and you start having one of your fits where you shake and yell and bang your head, and you start flailing away at your keyboard in an attempt to express your frustration... someone reading your chat may be able to work it out that you really are emotionally uneven at the moment, and take advantage.Don't have children; they would have a genetic disadvantage, which would be akward for them.
Now that is a quality insult....very nice hand, sir !
you can't defend your argument
Seriously. There is no argument here, just you making ignorant declarative statements, and me making you look stupid.I use chat all the time, and am making claims about how it can affect the game.You, on the other hand, say you never use chat, and are making claims about how it can affect the game. Think about that for a couple seconds, I'm sure even you will see how poorly you stand in this "argument". You don't use chat, and you are making claims about how chat affects the game. Think about it for a second. Anything clicking in that vacuous skull of yours? This is starting to feel like beating up a paraplegic, which is akward, so I digress.
  • 3 years later...
It was 1/2 limit 6max, not nolimit. $100 is a big but not super-huge loss -- I've won/lost more than 50 bb's in a single session before, and when I wasn't drunk.Game was on UB, but I won't post the screen names. I don't know how it compares to other sites, but it seems like every (holdem) table I sit down at there's some loser criticizing everyone and talking bollocks. This was the worst incident by far, though. And for the record, he didn't get me on tilt!! I was drunk and playing badly anyway. The only effect was to get me to hit him with an emasculating series of insults. And I got some perverse enjoyment from the fact that, even though I'm the one who lost $100, he was the one who was pissed by the end.

phuck.If i promise to start paying more attention to dates of postings is there any chance the quota for "threads from year(s) ago being bumped" could go down??