Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice. I'm taking a bankroll of $1600 to Vegas for 4 days so that is $400 poker money. I'm an ok limit player but I'm better at no limit. Any advice on what limits I should play would be great as this is my first trip to Vegas. I want to get as much play for my money as possible. Cheers for your help.

If your poker bankroll is $400 total, you really dont have enough to play anywhere and expect not to lose all of it... But, you MIGHT be able to buy in with something like $40 at 1/2 no limit and play Ed Miller's strategy, double up and leave kind of style.

No dude...$400 a day my bankroll is $1600 for 4 days.

anywhere you like, wynn can be nice becuase no max buy in so you can have a lot of money on the table for smaller blinds. but just about anywhere that spreads 1 2 NL will be good for ya. and if you run bad one day go do some other things in vegas besides poker.

Plenty of 100$ buy-in tourneys to eat up some time, as well as what the other guys said about the Limit tables. $400 a day is pretty decent, IMO, but I'm poor.

Take $1000 and play the Bellagio Friday tourney, even if you don't cash you'll still be able to say you played a tournament at the Bellagio. Take what's left and put it on Black at the Wynn roulette tables, twice.

I would suggest start by playing a couple tourneys for under a $100 and see how you do. I f you make some money then you have a bigger bankroll to play with and can afford to play more games. I also love the tourneys, you know how much your in for and dont have to worry about protecting your bankroll.When I went to Vegas last and all I did was play tourny and a ended up doubling my $ by the end of the trip. I guess it all depends what format you are bets in. Good Luck and Have fun!

I was in vegas for 6 days on 1100 dollars.I played 4/8 every day -- for 5 to 10hrsI played 4 60 dollar tournamentsI played 1 30 dollar tournamentI bought 2 or 3 meals a dayI rented a carAnd i played random slot machines in between poker time -- i got 0 return on any machine i put money in to.I came home with 600 dollars.how people say not to waste your time with this much money is beyond me. I had a great time like always.

No dude...$400 a day my bankroll is $1600 for 4 days.
I don't get it... 400/day... does that mean you are planning on losing 400/day? I really don't get it... your bankroll is 1600. Day one, you lose 400, your bankroll is 1200. Day 2, you lose 400 more, your bankroll is 800... you can just say your BR is 400/day... that makes no sense.- Zach
I don't get it... 400/day... does that mean you are planning on losing 400/day? I really don't get it... your bankroll is 1600. Day one, you lose 400, your bankroll is 1200. Day 2, you lose 400 more, your bankroll is 800... you can just say your BR is 400/day... that makes no sense.- Zach
He's making sure he has money to gamble with each day because he doesn't want to be broke before his tip is over. He is only willing to risk $400 per day.
He's making sure he has money to gamble with each day because he doesn't want to be broke before his tip is over. He is only willing to risk $400 per day.
U got it!!!Thanks for all the advice guys. Obviously I dont plan on losing $400 a day that would suck. I'm just giving myself that much a day, if I lose it I still have the $400 a day if I win some great, my bankroll will increase. I will post when I get back and let you all know how I get on.I will definately play some tournies also any recommendations?

Life is not this complex.Take $600 to a low NL game on day one. Buy in with half and have one reload ready.If you win on day one up the bankroll equal to your winnings on day one (so you still have $800 in your pocket).If you lose on day one expose $400 on day two.If you lose again on day two...it is time to reflect on the wholes in your game at the 3/6 limit game.

Life is not this complex.Take $600 to a low NL game on day one. Buy in with half and have one reload ready.If you win on day one up the bankroll equal to your winnings on day one (so you still have $800 in your pocket).If you lose on day one expose $400 on day two.If you lose again on day two...it is time to reflect on the wholes in your game at the 3/6 limit game.
It's easy to see your best option is 75/150 triple draw lowball with wilds.