What is your style? Loose/Tight? Aggressive/Passive? Are you a Maniac, Rock, TAP or somewhere inbetween? I find it really interesting how different people can have different styles and still be able to make a profit. Why do you choose that style? Or is it more natural rather than a choice? I consider myself a tight aggressive player, but not an extreme one. I am still able to have fun and relax at the table to a certain point but for the most part I keep it serious b/c I am there to make $$. I find tight aggressive play to be the most profitable for me. I read that tight/aggressive play is the least natural because tight and aggressive contridict each other. Any thoughts or ideas?

I think I am Tight Aggressive player... and I'm sure most people will say that. But the truth is, that most are Tight with spurts of aggression. Which is how I used to play. Definitely not the same. I did just read Daniel's article about the 7-3 though. So maybe I'll add that to my list of hands. But maybe not... how you gonna know? I'm a freakin mystery my friends!!Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I play NL holdem exclusivly because I suck at limit. I play like a damn rock. I play premium hands, I build my stack by bluffing preflop when there are a lot of people in the pot. When I do play a pot to showdown the chances are I have won it unless some unnatural being comes into play(stupid luck). And that is pretty much my playing style.

I'm a cheater. woops didn't mean it, but had to poke fun of all the threads about this lately. and btw, i'm agressive but i slow down when i need to. I'm also a hardcore gambler so i play draws more than some people.

I'd say I am more of a loose/aggressive... only because my main strength is post-flop play... I know odds and outs and percentages pretty well so I'm not afraid to play a 4-7 suited against an AK if I can see a flop for cheap enough... because I know that the AK would only be 60-40 against me. I am aggressive because I play versus the players not the cards most of the time... if I am confident in my read I know just how to play you to get you to lay down the best hand... or how to play at me when I have a winner... because of this I am subject to MASSIVE swings... but I get a ton of action when I'm looking for it... I can sit down at a table with 100 and after a few hours be up to 600.... just to lose it all back to $50... and then get back to 800 all in one sitting... it's rough to go through but it is the style that works for me. and I enjoy playing it.I guess you could sort of compare me to Gus Hansen or daniels style of play... I'll play a lot of cards... and you may think I'm crazy... but there's more thought and math that goes into my play than you might think.

it really depends.online - tight/aggressivelive, with people i know - loose/aggressivelive, with people i don't know - tight/aggressivestakes also matter, if i'm playing at stakes that are high to me, it's tight/aggressive, but if it's at stakes that are really small to me, it's loose/aggressive.overall, it depends on the game, and how well you know the game and can adapt to it.aseem

Hard to define, I try to change gears quite a bit to hide the fact that i mainly try to play premium hands only. I'm a bluffer at heart, but it always depends on who you are playing.I'm probably semi-tight/overly-agressive :D

I am a rather agressive tight player, at least for the first few rounds of the game/tournament. That is in hopes to build up a solid table image (I said in hopes). Then later I turn into a huge maniac..that can't seem to lay down 10-5... :twisted:....sometimes its a winner winner chicken dinner..other times I am wondering how a moron like me overplayed such crappy hands. :!: But I do pose this question. Those that play the tight agressive style..dose it just cheese you when you have A-K and throw down a raise..only to see the flop totally miss what you have?

I am a rather agressive tight player, at least for the first few rounds of the game/tournament. That is in hopes to build up a solid table image (I said in hopes). Then later I turn into a huge maniac..that can't seem to lay down 10-5... :twisted:....sometimes its a winner winner chicken dinner..other times I am wondering how a moron like me overplayed such crappy hands. :!: But I do pose this question. Those that play the tight agressive style..dose it just cheese you when you have A-K and throw down a raise..only to see the flop totally miss what you have?
It does suck... but sometimes it doesn't matter... you might still have the best hand. Which is the beauty of high cards. If you don't, you can probably get the best hand to fold anyway.
it really depends.online - tight/aggressivelive, with people i know - loose/aggressivelive, with people i don't know - tight/aggressivestakes also matter, if i'm playing at stakes that are high to me, it's tight/aggressive, but if it's at stakes that are really small to me, it's loose/aggressive.overall, it depends on the game, and how well you know the game and can adapt to it.aseem
yeah this is true too... If I'm playing a $1 buy-in with friends... I'll try and work on my betting skills and reads and different things cuz I don't care if I lose $1 but if I'm playing the monthly $20 with people I don't know I'll switch up gears a lot... I like to look like a maniac in the beginning and then tighten up really quuick so I get action with the big hands.

I tend to gravitate more towards tight/agrresive, as it says in alot of poker books, but once my stack is in the profit margin, I'll loosen up and play more subjective hands, more draws and lower cards, hoping to hit a flop, but just as ready to bail if I miss it. And yes, raisng preflop with AK and missing the flop by a country mile really just sucks! Being tight/aggressive at a table of loose players is always a recipe for profit when you hit your hands :-)

my poker tracker auto-rate says I'm Tight Aggressive/Passive. Live I'm semi loose aggressive aggressive. I like to raise a lot and get in cheaply with suited conectors or suited gap conectors. Keeps people guessing

very tight / aggressivei rely alot on my preflop game, but feel my post flop play is top notch as well since i leave myself with easy decisions ( playing solid starting hands)i also value my ability to change gears in tournamentsi honestly feel i could compete with the best tournament players in the world in my age group ( almost 23)im that confident, i rely alot on confidence

I'd like to say I'm tight/aggressive. I do try and play only premium hand pre-flop, but I prone to playing any pocket pair cheaply enough, and in the small blind I tend to drop my hand requirements slightly. Post-flop, jam the pot if I hit it, fold if I don't.

Style has to change depending on the opposition, especially in ring games. But as a generalization, I am in:limit hold'em: rash-aggressive, unorthodox-cluelessPL Hold'em: mix-it-up depending on the table. can be a rock, LAG, or whatever seems best.NL Hold'em: tightish, but aggressive post-flop - dependent on stack sizeslimit O8: very tight-aggressivePLO8: loose pre-flop, but this game is not for too much of any extreme generalisation post-flop. PLO: loose-aggressive

What is your style? Loose/Tight? Aggressive/Passive? Are you a Maniac, Rock, TAP or somewhere inbetween? I find it really interesting how different people can have different styles and still be able to make a profit. Why do you choose that style? Or is it more natural rather than a choice? I consider myself a tight aggressive player, but not an extreme one. I am still able to have fun and relax at the table to a certain point but for the most part I keep it serious b/c I am there to make $$. I find tight aggressive play to be the most profitable for me. I read that tight/aggressive play is the least natural because tight and aggressive contridict each other. Any thoughts or ideas?
Tight.. but.. very full at the same time. Maybe I stare a lot, but its not important. I like to bounce from table, to table too...man, I love your avatar. :):D:) :)Okay, uh, I don't know. Akishore and Math played with me. Couple days ago someone said I played tight- which is the image I project, but I guess I resemble more of a maniac. Megalomaniac ought to be my poker handle. lol

I've been told by many that I'm the most conservative player they know, which I find amusing. However, on the same note, most of those same guys like to see flops with me, because I sometimes show up after raising with an 8 :) 6 :D . On the whole, I like my image for live play. As for online limit, I'd say I'm a tight-aggressive robot, as the constant change in players on a given table makes this most profitable for me. In a well-structured tournament, I get be the player I like to be. Which is a player that constantly changes his style. When it gets shorthanded, I'll usually be the most aggressive on a table.

In general I am somewhat tight, semi-aggressive, but it depends on how the others are playing. If it is a tight table, I am more aggressive. If it is a loose table, I am more passive until I have a big hand, then get very aggressive. Tournaments, I very rarely limp, so I guess I would be considered aggressive. I play more hands than the players I consider tight, but far fewer than most people. That's why I called myself somewhat tight.For example, let's say I have 88 utg on a full table. In a loose game I limp. In a tight game I raise. In a tournament, I will strongly consider folding, with my second choice being raising. I also try to mix it up if I am playing with the same players for a long time.

i am a dadaist.
Thanks asvfan, I needed a good laugh. That was pretty funny!