The Hideout

GD, I get so caught up in making the "perfect call" that I can't laydown big hands. First hand back from back, I'm in fine shape, folded to me in cutoff, standard raise with A-Qc, bb goes all in, has me covered, once again I instantly know what he has and yet I still call, A-Ko v A-Qc and I blank.
Can't get married to those hands, dude
  • Replies 80.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CardWarfare

• gkunit20

• chrozzo

• pckt10s

Can't get married to those hands, dude
Yep I know, it's a leak I'm working on. 9 out of 10 times I lay that down.Whoa, thought this tourney was going the way of the $20k early on, lost 1/3 of my stack with 7-7 but still had 50 bb so I wasn't worried. Then a couple of hands later, get K-Jd in sb, couple of limpers so I raise 5x bb to try and pick up blinds, ALL CALL, flop is J hi, I go all in for 2k trying to win it right there (pot is 1k), 2 callers who both have me covered(oh sh.it), turn and river blank and they check it down, one had 9-9, one had J-10 and I more than triple up.Very next hand get K-K on button, lots of limpers again so I make same raise, sb goes all in for 3000, folded back to me, easy call(I have 6k) he had A-J and I hit a boat.Up to 10k, early chipleader but I don't wanna put the carriage before the horse. One hand at a time, smart poker.
Yep I know, it's a leak I'm working on. 9 out of 10 times I lay that down.
Happens to the best of us. I have lost more damn money to pocket jacks than I care to remember....

Well in order to pad my count to to pad the //hideout\\ count I'll post some hands.Min raise in front of me with A-10o so I call, cu min raises it again, 2 callers so I also call since I have a lot of chips with small blinds and getting good odds hoping to flop a monster.Flop is 10-6-2. Initial raiser bets 1/4 pot(small bet) so I call with TPTK to see what 2 others behind me would do. 1 fold, 1 call.Turn-5, initial raiser checks so I bet 800 into 1600 pot thinking my hand is good, lp calls, ep folds.River- 5, gin card for me cause might have counterfeited a smaller 2 pair. I bet 1600 into 3200 pot, he calls for all his chips and shows J-10.Up to 14k, avg around 4k

Well in order to pad my count to to pad the //hideout\\ count I'll post some hands.Min raise in front of me with A-10o so I call, cu min raises it again, 2 callers so I also call since I have a lot of chips with small blinds and getting good odds hoping to flop a monster.Flop is 10-6-2. Initial raiser bets 1/4 pot(small bet) so I call with TPTK to see what 2 others behind me would do. 1 fold, 1 call.Turn-5, initial raiser checks so I bet 800 into 1600 pot thinking my hand is good, lp calls, ep folds.River- 5, gin card for me cause might have counterfeited a smaller 2 pair. I bet 1600 into 3200 pot, he calls for all his chips and shows J-10.Up to 14k, avg around 4k
keep 'em coming, homes

MP, folded to me, I make standard raise (3xbb=600) with A-A, next go goes all in for 900 more, another guy goes all in for the same, and finally the button goes all in for like 6000.A-A v Q-Jo v J-J v K-K in that order and believe it or not, my aces hold, up to 23k, can't tell for sure but defintly in the top 5.

MP, folded to me, I make standard raise (3xbb=600) with A-A, next go goes all in for 900 more, another guy goes all in for the same, and finally the button goes all in for like 6000.A-A v Q-Jo v J-J v K-K in that order and believe it or not, my aces hold, up to 23k, can't tell for sure but defintly in the top 5.
Aces held? Hell doth frozen over....

EP raises about 2.5 times the bb, he has a decent stack, folded to me in sb so I call with K-Qs with chip lead at table.Flop- K-10s-3 I bet about 1/2 pot and he doubles my bet, hindsight I should push here but I just callTurn-9 I bet out 1/2 pot again and he folds.Up to 27k, 2nd in chips

First hand at a new table pick up A-Kd in lpCouple of people limp in so I raise it up 4x bb to try and drive out small pairs or suited connectors, utg calls.Flop-As-Ks-10sutg checks, I bet little more than 1/2 pot and take it down.Chip leader with about 30k

First hand at a new table pick up A-Kd in lpCouple of people limp in so I raise it up 4x bb to try and drive out small pairs or suited connectors, utg calls.Flop-As-Ks-10sutg checks, I bet little more than 1/2 pot and take it down.Chip leader with about 30k
NICEthis on party?i'll have to come watch.
NICEthis on party?i'll have to come watch.
yep, tourney #759308Not doing anything fancy, just playing strong hands and playing mediocre hands in position(i.e raising with A-xs on button with no limpers)

Folded to me in lp, raise to 1800 with A-Js, cu callsFlop- J-5-2s I bet less than 1/2 pot (2000) , hes got 3100 hoping to induce an allin, works, he has A-102 hands later pick up 2-2 in mp, limp in, couple other limpersFlop- A-2-K, i check, cu raises about 1/2 pot, 1 call, i callTurn-8 I check again hoping to induce a big bet as raiser is another big stack, he bets more than 1/2 the pot, 1 fold, i double his bet, he callsRiver-10 I go all in, he calls, shows A-J and I take down a HUGE potChipleader with 56k, 200 left, 120 pay

A-K in bb, ep doubles bb, 1 caller, I push his 2400 up to 6000, 1 callerFlop= K-10-3, I bet half pot, he callsTurn- 7? I go all in, his stack was a little more than the pot), he instacalls with A-10 and river blanksUp to 80k, still leading2-2 in mp, utg doubles bb, few callers so i call hoping to set up again or low card flop,Flop-7-5-4 checks to me so put out 1/2 pot bet, take it down85kraise utg with A-Qo to 2500, button goes all in for like 7k more, call cause of stack, he shows A-10Flop: Q-K-5 Turn-10 River-693k, still chipleader

NAPA OWNSand he lays down the HAMMER
You're railing as well? Do you have AIM? add Napa Don Poker if you do
A-K in bb, ep doubles bb, 1 caller, I push his 2400 up to 6000, 1 callerFlop= K-10-3, I bet half pot, he callsTurn- 7? I go all in, his stack was a little more than the pot), he instacalls with A-10 and river blanksUp to 80k, still leading2-2 in mp, utg doubles bb, few callers so i call hoping to set up again or low card flop,Flop-7-5-4 checks to me so put out 1/2 pot bet, take it down85kraise utg with A-Qo to 2500, button goes all in for like 7k more, call cause of stack, he shows A-10Flop: Q-K-5 Turn-10 River-693k, still chipleaderYou're railing as well? Do you have AIM? add Napa Don Poker if you do
GO NAPA
made the money, still chipleader with about 115k, thanks for the support so far guys
Very nice! Keep it up - we want a win!
Very nice! Keep it up - we want a win!
Easy, still long time to go, bout 100 players left, lost a 10bb pot on a steal attempt gone wrong, no biggie, about 100k, still chipleader.
pckets doenst even post here very much anymore does he?
no he doesntheres the leaderboard as of right now:gkunit20 3287Golden 3146CardWarfare 2679doublemeup 2450pckt10s 196976clubs 1967powerpoker 1483lvpro 1195

Just busted a guy with 80k with K-QhFlop-Q-J-6 I bet 1/2 pot, 1 callerTurn-9? I bet half pot again (20K) He instacalls againRiver-7? I go all in cause ne bet and he's commited so might as well put the pressure, he instacalls and shows K-6 almost to 200k now, still chipleader